dcsimg

V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Look at this oddity.

This is one of the blades on my bench top planer…with a bunch of shaving packed under the knife and the metal spine that bolts to the head of the planer! How thes happend, I don’t know, but it resulted in some very strange cuts!

Boards suddenly started coming out with a lump in them…because the blade wasn’t making contact in the center!

Wow I never seen this before. That makes wonder what happen. You may never know how it happen.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Look at this oddity.

This is one of the blades on my bench top planer…with a bunch of shaving packed under the knife and the metal spine that bolts to the head of the planer! How thes happend, I don’t know, but it resulted in some very strange cuts!

Boards suddenly started coming out with a lump in them…because the blade wasn’t making contact in the center!

Wow I never seen this before. That makes wonder what happen. You may never know how it happen.

Agreed. Oh well I swapped the blade and the planer is back to normal!

I did a bunch of punch list stuff for a home flipper in the area…she was unhappy with her previous contractor, so I guess I’m taking over/leading the next one hopefully.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I did a bunch of punch list stuff for a home flipper in the area…she was unhappy with her previous contractor, so I guess I’m taking over/leading the next one hopefully.

Good for you Jon. You worked for house flippers before?

Look at this oddity.

Agreed. Oh well I swapped the blade and the planer is back to normal!

That was weird about the blade,
    Glad to hear you got it back up and down.

And for the flipping, that’s good news, hopefully this brings in extra work
    If I recall you have done a few other things for her in the past ?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

this week im working on the western shore working on some framing deficiencies on a hunting supply store were building along with prepping for siding.. its an hours drive to and from each day which nmeans getting out thye door much earlier

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spent 7 hours, and the carpenter 6, getting in the wires for just this fixture, and its switch, into a fully wood-paneled room. The translucent wood shade is being hand-delivered by the renowned artisan in a couple of days. Though I live in Timber-frame Central, that spanner had to be sourced online from Michigan, I guess. Carpenter spent some time with 3 stains trying to match without luck as yet.

Fixture I believe looks like the one over the vase. I’ve noticed them in a couple of fancy homes around here, but didn’t realize they were as expensive as they are.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Today I help electrician to run wires and open up the floors for pipe installation tomorrow should go smooth but you never know what may come up I should be ready for roughing inspections thursday

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We’ve been working on a deck that was framed by someone else , getting it ready for Ipe to go down.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Spent 7 hours, and the carpenter 6, getting in the wires for just this fixture,

Man that is some custom job right there. Lots of man hours for just one light.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

We’ve been working on a deck that was framed by someone else , getting it ready for Ipe to go down.

How was there framing Dirty? They do it right? Or are you having to fix some of it?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Further work on my Arcade cabinet.

Will

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even though I know they’ve got it, I did try to give her the impression that this was going to be pretty involved. We did both enjoy the challenge of it, but with what it cost her, between the labor and the fixture, man!

Doobie

Even though I know they’ve got it, I did try to give her the impression that this was going to be pretty involved. We did both enjoy the challenge of it, but with what it cost her, between the labor and the fixture, man!

As long as the customer is happy.

Today I help electrician to run wires and open up the floors for pipe installation tomorrow should go smooth but you never know what may come up I should be ready for roughing inspections thursday

Coming along nicely Ibrahim, nice lot of Bosch tools going on also,
    You guys spraying insulation, or just using bats.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

That’s a very clean electrical job. Man that does not look nearly like a bathroom haha.
    looking forward to more pictures of your job

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Went out and took the old wood out of the axe head in preparation for a new handle. Turns out the new one is too small for the hole. Sigh.

Just for kicks, here is a photo of my dirty old axe hole.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:

Went out and took the old wood out of the axe head in preparation for a new handle. Turns out the new one is too small for the hole. Sigh.

Wow, what a coincidence, today at the shop, I was working besides the machine shop, fairly noisy, and I could have sworn that’s what they were calling me lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Wow, what a coincidence, today at the shop, I was working besides the machine shop, fairly noisy, and I could have sworn that’s what they were calling me lol

LOL farkin’ ice holes.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Pretty much finished my part of this flip house today. Going to the last one and do some piddely punch list things the home inspector found. I am amazed the things they write up. Like fill nail holes in a basement block wall utility area. A gutter had a drip that needs sealed.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Worked on plans most of the day trying to get them ready to submit for a permit. shot grades on a lot so I could do the grading plan. Had my guys siding on a house we are trying to get wrapped up.

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.790 seconds