dcsimg

V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

car maintenance today
    oil change, tire rotation, new rotors and new pads (the previous ones were junk, I’ll return them. I installed this time OEM)

Nice that you were able to get all that done. Still a bit cold out in my shop, hope to get out there today.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Spent the morning cleaning out and organizing the truck. Have some work coming up at one of the ski resorts, so had to stock it up with some stuff that I don’t normally carry with me, being almost exclusively residential.

That’s great D hope it goes smoothly for you,

@madman_us
    to bad, how much milage did you get out of them, doesn’t seem like they lasted that long

Clev08
    Pro

Didn’t do anything in my shop yesterday, but I helped move my grandparents into a retirement community. So I spent a lot of time going through his shop organizing, cleaning, and picking through some of his stuff.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

Not much in the shop today, cleaned out the truck this morning then did a couple little things around the house.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Feeling better today. So when outside and did few things. Back to work tomorrow.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

painted trim the 3rd time started staining my crown molding,and got the truck ready to go back to work

Managed to make 5 pens today. Not very ambitious today as I recover from the flu. I need to figure out the next big project.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

car maintenance today
    oil change, tire rotation, new rotors and new pads (the previous ones were junk, I’ll return them. I installed this time OEM)

Nice that you were able to get all that done. Still a bit cold out in my shop, hope to get out there today.

The funny part during this was the shim kit. I never installed a shim kit onto a pad, they usually come already with it (attached to the pad)
    So I had to figure out how they get installed, but google helped me a lot.

madman_us to bad, how much milage did you get out of them, doesn’t seem like they lasted that long

Not much lol
    I purchased twice the house brand from a local car parts store (Napa auto parts).
    The first time I purchased the regular ones, they warped after a little while. I returned them and purchased the premium ones. Now they same problem, some crazy brake and grabbing noise in lower speed. hard to explain.
    So everyting will go back and I installed the OEM stuff. I purchased them online.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Started on some electrical work today and got dragged away half finished. Gonna have to get back to it in the morning.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Running some water lines today

On my Arcade cabinet build I used my CNC router(with the Bosch colt router) to cut the slots for the monitor mount – it worked excellent as the holes for the VESA mount are in a 10cm square. I used the GRBL panel like a manual controlled milling machine; down 2-3mm jog over 10 cm, down 2-3mm and back, repeat until through then reposition 10 cm below and repeat. Perfect.

Will

Building a rotary unit, some big bearings to be pressed into place,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the granite tile on the floor at reruns house today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:
    monman1
    Pro

I got my garage roof done! It got all new 5/8 plywood and barn metal roofing. The funny thing is i ordered 5/8 OSB and paid for 5/8 OSB, but i got 5/8 plywood.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

Attachments:
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I did a little wood burning today…it was GREAT for my fresh off of Lasik surgery eyes! I lasted about 5 minutes before I hunted down some high school chemistry lab goggles!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

hey guys ive been very quiet lately,,

well 3 weeks ago i started work with a new company.. their a commercial general contractor who sometimes acts as a sub.. specializing in icf construction. however every once and a while they take on projects that arent strictly icf

right now they have the contract for completely remodeling 8 homes that are for military housing. weve been framing, swapping windows and replacing siding. so far so good..

its a bit of a adaptatin going back to working 9 hr days where as before i was averaging proably 7 hours a day. i dont supply tools,, they provide all power tool, they are very organized. so far so good

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Morning was spent in court and got an adjournment to better prepare my case I. My benefit. Handled social media and networking connections. Back on site tomorrow.

A Working Pro since 2004

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

that’s going to be an awesome room when you finish it the floor looks great

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That looks really nice.

I did a little wood burning today…it was GREAT for my fresh off of Lasik surgery eyes! I lasted about 5 minutes before I hunted down some high school chemistry lab goggles!

The wood burning looks really good.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

concrete formwork and scaffolding. spent half the day working outside in a t-shirt. ridiculous weather

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.185 seconds