dcsimg

V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,001 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s really cool

Thanks Ron, I’ll let him know ! He changed a few things again. Ordered different roller balls so he could light them up, nixed the foot pedals and put the tap buttons in behind the roller balls instead. He still has things to finish up like wiring for sign on top… it’s going to light up in diferent colors. And a bunch of other things.

That’s pretty awesome.

I edited a video this evening. I am uploading it as “private” for a few days because You Tube has been flagging all kinds of things as unsuitable for advertisers. So I will wait to see if it gets flagged and then put in for my manual review and when it passes, then release it. You Tube has been on a roll lately flagging all kinds of stuff that don’t deserve it. They invented a “new and better” algorithm to “help” people better.

What sort of thing would be unsuitable for an advertiser? Shame that their filters just make life miserable for some contributors.

They had a debacle a while ago where advertising was placed on some neo-nazi video or some similar circumstance. A lot of advertisers left. Now they are being overly precautious and developed a new formula which apparently has a learning curve to it. One creator got a copyright infringement for using music that he himself wrote, composed and played. There is a bunch of stupidity like that going on. You know what it’s like. The pendulum swings a bit too far one way and the knee jerk reaction is to over swing it back the other way.

BTW, as soon as my video uploaded, it was tagged as inappropriate for some advertisers. Good thing I did upload it as private until it can be manually reviewed………and I don’t even speak through the whole thing. Maybe the algorithm was offended by the wind chimes in the background on some scenes….lol.

That was interesting how your was flagged. It might have been the wind chimes. Lol!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yesterday i emptied out one of my bedrooms and converted it to a temporary shop until i get the addition insulated .This way i can build some birdhouses without freezing my arse off .

That’s a good idea John, at least you can keep warm.
    Don’t forget to empty your dust bag lol
    Is that a room that you have done recently? , or just never had time to finish it.

I finished this room about a year ago and then used it for storage up until yesterday .It was much easier working in there today . I built 3 houses today and sold 2 today so i didn’t get too far ahead 🙂

That’s great John.
    And now you have a comfortable working area. Good stuff, always fun to follow your work.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I shimmed down a mess of a ceiling. Tomorrow I will put 1x4s on it and it will be level and flat.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Replacing a Venetian plaster wall panel on a trolley track that covers a tv recess. They bought a large piece af art and want a larger panel to hang it on. Using MDF, some aluminum components and some ¼” steel flat bar. I’m just fabricating the substrate and track components before the plaster guy finishes it in place. The image that looks like it’s finished is the old one I’m replacing.

j

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Today I shimmed down a mess of a ceiling. Tomorrow I will put 1x4s on it and it will be level and flat.

Man that looks like tedious work. Each block had to be cut individually it looks like.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I braved the elements (man is it ever storming out) and went to the shop. Not bad once you’re out of the wind. I got the second slab roughed out to width and made a few passes with the router to get a start on flattening it. No way to have the doors and windows open so I stopped to let the dust settle.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Finished off the plates and cabling for the column yesterday,
    Today, installing some rudder pedal adjustable cable and mechanisms,
    And the stick shaker assembly on a different simulator, a few emergency switches and so on

Working on a Kitchen Knife block for my sister, I need to attach the lower support, but I want to put in a slot for some kitchen scissors first.

Will

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Put tefwther another shorter track for my cordless saw at work and kept going on the wainscoting.

Charlie

Instagram

After a 10 hour day, got home to shovel and shovel and shovel some more lol
    Oh well, could actually be worse.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I was planning on getting some lumber sorted out for couple of projects. But I had a dentist appointment after work. Then I had plow 3 driveways after I got home. There is always tomorrow.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Man that looks like tedious work. Each block had to be cut individually it looks like.

No , I cut them in masses on the table saw. I rip less than 1/8″ then 3/16″,1/4″,1/2″,3/4 then cut the stack into 3 1/2″ shims and use a combo of them if needed to zoom it into the laser line. I glue them up there with sticky caulk.

Replacing a Venetian plaster wall panel on a trolley track that covers a tv recess. They bought a large piece af art and want a larger panel to hang it on. Using MDF, some aluminum components and some ¼” steel flat bar. I’m just fabricating the substrate and track components before the plaster guy finishes it in place. The image that looks like it’s finished is the old one I’m replacing.

That is cool! How well does that vac work with the 60v batteries?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Met with the local Humane society about a building we will be doing for them tonight. Getting close on a plan to send to an architect for construction drawings.m It was a good meeting.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I did more work to level out the ceiling and put some batons on the outside.

Doobie

Nothing big, installed a solar powered motion sensor spot light I bought a while back on clearance near my shop entrance so I can see my way going to it in the dark.

Put the first coat of finish on my chairs!!

Orange County, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Laid the kitchen vinyl plank floor and started putting cabinets in. Hope to finish the cabinets today.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

were pretty much done for the year.. very little on the go and waiting on a special order deck railing system which takes 6 weeks to come in…

i spent some time at home yesterday cutting down a tree at the base of the driveway to make more space for both vehicles this winter. also worked on a “the flash” themed book shelf for a friends son

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Cleared a heck of alot of snow, but still managed to get some work done in the basement of our last house, and seal some of my new treads and risers for home.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,001 total)
  • The topic ‘V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.212 seconds