dcsimg

V-31 What did you do in the shop site today?

This topic contains 594 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  madman_us 1 hour, 18 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 595 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here is the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-30-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

My son emailed some pics of the progress on his video game build.

That’s really cool Charles.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@sprokitz oh man, thanks for the update, that looks awesome,
    Amazing gaming console he built, so is that the game?
    Did he have the show already?
    How did it go.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

That’s really cool

Thanks Ron, I’ll let him know ! He changed a few things again. Ordered different roller balls so he could light them up, nixed the foot pedals and put the tap buttons in behind the roller balls instead. He still has things to finish up like wiring for sign on top… it’s going to light up in diferent colors. And a bunch of other things.

That’s really cool

Thanks Ron, I’ll let him know ! He changed a few things again. Ordered different roller balls so he could light them up, nixed the foot pedals and put the tap buttons in behind the roller balls instead. He still has things to finish up like wiring for sign on top… it’s going to light up in diferent colors. And a bunch of other things.

That’s pretty awesome.

I edited a video this evening. I am uploading it as “private” for a few days because You Tube has been flagging all kinds of things as unsuitable for advertisers. So I will wait to see if it gets flagged and then put in for my manual review and when it passes, then release it. You Tube has been on a roll lately flagging all kinds of stuff that don’t deserve it. They invented a “new and better” algorithm to “help” people better.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

How did it go.

Yup, that’s the game. He still has a few weeks ’til the conference

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That’s really cool

That does look pretty awesome. Looks like did a great job!

That’s really cool

That’s pretty awesome.

I edited a video this evening. I am uploading it as “private” for a few days because You Tube has been flagging all kinds of things as unsuitable for advertisers. So I will wait to see if it gets flagged and then put in for my manual review and when it passes, then release it. You Tube has been on a roll lately flagging all kinds of stuff that don’t deserve it. They invented a “new and better” algorithm to “help” people better.

That sucks what YouTube is doing. Look forward to next video.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Yesterday i emptied out one of my bedrooms and converted it to a temporary shop until i get the addition insulated .This way i can build some birdhouses without freezing my arse off .

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

That’s really cool

That’s pretty awesome.

What sort of thing would be unsuitable for an advertiser? Shame that their filters just make life miserable for some contributors.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Yesterday i emptied out one of my bedrooms and converted it to a temporary shop until i get the addition insulated .

You need to stay warm while you make the bird houses John. Nice solution.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My son emailed some pics of the progress on his video game build.

Awesome, I keep planning on doing ones of these myself – some day soon I hope.

Will

I made a mistake on a tile top table, I made the baser too large thanks to a last minute layout change, so I am turning it into a small solid wood top end table.

Will

That’s really cool

That’s pretty awesome.

What sort of thing would be unsuitable for an advertiser? Shame that their filters just make life miserable for some contributors.

They had a debacle a while ago where advertising was placed on some neo-nazi video or some similar circumstance. A lot of advertisers left. Now they are being overly precautious and developed a new formula which apparently has a learning curve to it. One creator got a copyright infringement for using music that he himself wrote, composed and played. There is a bunch of stupidity like that going on. You know what it’s like. The pendulum swings a bit too far one way and the knee jerk reaction is to over swing it back the other way.

BTW, as soon as my video uploaded, it was tagged as inappropriate for some advertisers. Good thing I did upload it as private until it can be manually reviewed………and I don’t even speak through the whole thing. Maybe the algorithm was offended by the wind chimes in the background on some scenes….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

How did it go.

Yup, that’s the game. He still has a few weeks ’til the conference

Nice, looking forward to hearing how it goes,
    We definitely want to know more about that game
    He should definitely get a job at the company I’m working for, especially if he’s into the video gaming industry
    These simulators are just like big video games.

This morning had to remove a 737 column, someone didn’t do the yoke bearing properly, causing friction

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Yesterday i emptied out one of my bedrooms and converted it to a temporary shop until i get the addition insulated .This way i can build some birdhouses without freezing my arse off .

Looks like a good spot! Keep updating us on the progress with the birdhouses! I always like seeing your work.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Help my brother and his crew pour some basement walls this morning. I was on the end of the hose, gave me a workout!

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

That’s a good idea John, at least you can keep warm.
    Don’t forget to empty your dust bag lol
    Is that a room that you have done recently? , or just never had time to finish it.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That’s a good idea John, at least you can keep warm.
    Don’t forget to empty your dust bag lol
    Is that a room that you have done recently? , or just never had time to finish it.

I finished this room about a year ago and then used it for storage up until yesterday .It was much easier working in there today . I built 3 houses today and sold 2 today so i didn’t get too far ahead 🙂

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

set wall panels on a house we are building. got all the exterior walls done and most of the interior. Garage walls tomorrow weather permitting and then trusses.

Spent the morning doing some black tbar ceiling. Hung a couple of doors, trimmed them out, did some rubber base on some newly laid vct then installed some paper towel and soap dispensers. Now currently cruising boschs site for my next purchase.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 595 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.826 seconds