dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Spent some time checking under the stage for leaks as the baptism filled – it’s dripping again but only about three drops a minute, and it’s onto concrete, so it’s mostly absorbing and evaporating – the puddle is only a few inches in diameter and not growing, so I’ll wait till the next time it will be needed and tear the plumbing apart and reseal it then. It’s been such a hassle :/

I also finally got some paneling glued up for a project I’m working on and set up to start routing grooves to make a wainscoting look out of it. Should look really nice when it’s all done.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

45sf of glass subway tile…done!

Came out really nice Jon. Nice work.

I did have a fix for that tho.

Nice fix for the sliding tools Dirty. Gotta remember that if I ever run into that problem.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I like that fix Dirty. Be nice if we had one of those on every job.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Looks very nice!!!

I was back at the last of the Dutch gable end vents today.

Look cool all pre primed I guess.

When I did alot of roof and siding on Dutch colonials the eaves were butted up to the house and the outer fascia was notched onto/supported with knee brackets. Sure as shit someone through the years removed the brackets and the eaves slumped bad. The only real strong solution short of complete rebuild was to tie the eave back into the house with some sheathing and extend the lower fascia. Of course the problem would be if we didnt do one of the two roof or siding. If just the roof we used bead board to match and made sure we used 1″ roof nails so we didnt punch through.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks very nice!!!

Looking good, Dirty. What’s the pitch on that roof?

That roof is only a 6/12 but the tools were still sliding. I did have a fix for that tho.

Man that’s almost like cheating. lol
    Nice work on the gable end.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I went picked up my 2 gable windows yesterday .I just wish it would warm up for a few hours so I can get them in .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I went picked up my 2 gable windows yesterday .I just wish it would warm up for a few hours so I can get them in .

It looks way to cold to do window work John. I’d want to stay close to the wood stove on a day like that.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Looks very nice!!!

That roof is only a 6/12 but the tools were still sliding. I did have a fix for that tho.

That makes such a difference! I had to paint the trim and siding on a couple gable ends on a really steep roof a couple summers ago without a harness so I was just holding onto a rope with one hand, balancing the paint and brush in the other, and trying not to destroy all the shingles at the same time…I would have loved to have a platform like that!

Charlie

Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Looks very nice!!!

Man that’s almost like cheating. lol
    Nice work on the gable end.

When you have the equipment and horsepower, tasks can get much easier.

we had a house in a neighborhood without big trees when my kids were young and my daughter wanted a Pinata for her birthday. We did not even have a basketball hoop to hang it from. but I did have my tele-handler sitting down the street on a job site so when it was time to do the Pinata, i got the forklift, tied it onto the forks, extended the boom and lifted it up for the kids, they thought it was great, My wife not so much. however she still tells the story when trying to say how I over killed the hanging of the Pinata, a 6000 lb forklift for a 4 pound pinata.

Good luck with those windows John @cranbrook2, be careful up there.

Today was building some rudder pedal assemblies

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Threw together a quick router sled and working on what will become the underside of the top. The 1 1/2″ bit works a treat. I just need to get this side flat enough so I can do the top side with the planer. I still have over 4 1/4″ of thickness, so lots to play with yet.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Threw together a quick router sled and working on what will become the underside of the top. The 1 1/2″ bit works a treat. I just need to get this side flat enough so I can do the top side with the planer. I still have over 4 1/4″ of thickness, so lots to play with yet.

That was pretty quick work, Jim. The router sled arrangement really does the job but, man, does it ever leave a mess behind, eh? Sure hope you don’t get any twist.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I need to get a bigger bit for flattening slabs like that. It looks like it’s going really well!

How wide is you slab?

Charlie

Instagram

Wow, what a great job you did Jim,
    4 1/4 inch of thicknesses is a great thick table.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

It’s still not down to final dimensions. Not even close. I am just trying to get it flat enough to get the ugly out and so it can be ready for other processes. If I get 3″ out of it I will be happy, but I am sure I will get more than that. There were a couple of nails in it that the router found.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

Bet that got your attention in a hurry. Have run into a number of bullets embedded in stock, but that is usually softer than a nail so it doesn’t cause quite as much of a ruckus.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

My electrician good friend was in my neck of the woods earlier today and surprised me with offering to come over and insttall the 5000 watt ceiling mounted heater I snagged at HD for $100 last month.

I really didn’t feel like working on this today but I went ahead anyways. Now I’ve got heat in my shed for when I need it should I find time to work on more stuff inside the shed. Still lots of electrical and organizing to do in the storage loft/attic.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

You didn’t fool around getting that router sled built.

It’s still not down to final dimensions. Not even close. I am just trying to get it flat enough to get the ugly out and so it can be ready for other processes. If I get 3″ out of it I will be happy, but I am sure I will get more than that. There were a couple of nails in it that the router found.

That is too bad you hit some nails in the slab.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Today I was smearing 1x to the outside of the walls.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

after work I headed out to get a x-mas tree with wifey. arriving back home I gave the tree a fresh cut and put it straight into the living room. we are officially ready for x-mas 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.595 seconds