dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

we were back outside focusing on finishing up cedar shingling. then installing the pine fascia, soffit and frieze boards

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

This afternoon was a bit of clean-up and then correcting an issue with a loose bolt in the TS mobile base. Apparently the last time I moved it things started to come apart due to the loose bolt. Not really a good thing to have happen.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

I believe it is the ethanol in the gas that messes things up. I don’t know if Canada uses it or not. I hate it. We have 10% ethanol in all our gas.
    I had some trouble with my saw stalling at the end of the cut and it was the air filter getting clogged up.

Actually I was filling up the other day and noticed that the pumps actually said contain 10% methanol 😮
    Hopefully this doesn’t cause any problems in the future with my cars

I’ve read some manufacturers now compensate for the ethanol in using parts that do not get damaged by ethanol gases, still, i simply use ethanol free gas and add stabilizer as well. The thing is for most people is finding 100 % ethanol free gas, most places don’t sell it.

Here is a resource I bookmarked years ago that lists places in the US and Canada that offer 100% ethanol free gas in their most premium gas typically. It may not be the last word on it, but it’s a start. Shell offers it everywhere in Canada if I’m not mistaken.

https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=ON

Here’s a memo that was given to me when I bought some equipment years ago that may be of interest.

EDIT: Let’s try this instead.

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/filedata/fetch?id=906465&d=1415917784

Things have slowed down a bit at Snyder Floor Covering.

Today I started on my second table build ever (for our showroom). The first was pine assembled with dowels and pocket hole screws. That was my first attempt at dowels.

The table I started today is red oak, and I was dumb enough to jump off the deep end and try mortise and tenon construction.

I have always been a field carpenter so joinery is really a stretch for me. Figuring out the distances and such was kind of a mind bender on the fly.

I used my shopsmith to drill ½” mortises and and a crudely constructed jig to make the tenons on the powermatic.

I will start assembly tomorrow.

I'm the only person I ever hit in the head with a hammer.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Lot of Milling for the columns that were okayed,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Replaced some marker lights on the tow truck had my Bosch 12V driver out to help with all the screws.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Finished up the new lumber rack. Lots better use of space.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I keep cranking away at the Christmas presents in the shop. I am working on some small boxes to hold a memory game for kids. I’ll post some pictures when I remember to take some.

Assembling more load units, this is one area we could use that little 12 volt impact 3/8 drive, or even the IDH182, I brought it in the shop again, great impact

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Edited up the video on the 1250 DEVS sander. Good weather to stay indoors today.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Caulking has been a love hate relationship since I remember. It’s great though because once outdoor masonry/concrete starts to die down in the Winter, sealants can take its place. I was banned first few times caulking by companies back in the day, almost told not to get in the truck. It was all over me. Finally I’m appreciating the effort I put in!

Beadscope 360 nozzle used and an Albion B12S20 sausage gun along with Dow Corning Contractors sealant

A Working Pro since 2004

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I started making a dining room table today from the walnut slabs I’ve had sitting around for the last month! Today, I planed the two halves…when I have time to get back to it again, I’ll take the Rotex to it and smooth the little lines the planing bit left behind.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I started making a dining room table today from the walnut slabs I’ve had sitting around for the last month! Today, I planed the two halves…when I have time to get back to it again, I’ll take the Rotex to it and smooth the little lines the planing bit left behind.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rAL1elPs0A8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Looks like that big bit did the job.. It’s a familiar scene though; no matter what you do to control it, the chips just seem to get everywhere with those planing sleds.

Great looking slab of walnut.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

That is sweet @jponto07! How long did it take to flatten each slab? Will you do both sides so that it has a consistent thickness?

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

@dirtywhiteboy nice columbs looks nice good job. What is that table saw that cutting those wood

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rAL1elPs0A8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Looks like that big bit did the job.. It’s a familiar scene though; no matter what you do to control it, the chips just seem to get everywhere with those planing sleds.

Great looking slab of walnut.

The bit did perfectly! The last time I used the sled, I used a 3/4” bit, which took an insane amount of time….

And yes, the chips went everywhere despite having two vacuums running!

That is sweet @jponto07! How long did it take to flatten each slab? Will you do both sides so that it has a consistent thickness?

Once I found the low spot on the slab and set the bit height, it only took 5-7 minutes to plane the slab. These slabs are 15” wide and 75” long currently, so not super huge. And yes, I planed both sides…the first to flatten one surface, and the second to get a consistent thickness.

Jon P.
    Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/rAL1elPs0A8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ gesture=”media” allow=”encrypted-media” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Thanks for sharing the video. That is a nice looking slab.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looks like your having all kinds of fun Jon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Must be a big strong router to eat through that with a bigger bit than 3/4″.

I trimmed out a foyer. Door and pass through casing, scribed baseboard and shoe.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Must be a big strong router to eat through that with a bigger bit than 3/4″.

I used the Bosch MCR23 router. Not the biggest I own, but certainly capable! The bit in question is 2” in diameter, btw.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.544 seconds