dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I tore off the old leaky dormer yesterday and adding a new dormer for a new bathroom off the master bedroom .

Looks cold and wet there John. Hope you can get a roof on it soon.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

You sure have had a lot of work there John. Don’t blame you for wanting to take care of the leaks but that is no small project. I hope the weather cooperates for you.

I tore off the old leaky dormer yesterday and adding a new dormer for a new bathroom off the master bedroom .

That is definitely not a little project you are doing John, especially for this time of year, great job though.
    Despite the weather and shorter days, you seem to be keeping up with the work.
    I’m sure you will be happy once you get it closed and dry,
    Then you can work at a different pace.
    Thanks for the pictures and update.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is definitely not a little project you are doing John, especially for this time of year, great job though.
    Despite the weather and shorter days, you seem to be keeping up with the work.
    I’m sure you will be happy once you get it closed and dry,
    Then you can work at a different pace.
    Thanks for the pictures and update.

My son is coming this Saturday to put the shingles on then its back to building birdhouses for a few weeks .

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Thanks guys @boschmanbrian I still have some at the job site another 8ft stack probibly. Yeah I used to have them in the basement but i move the boxes upstairs but all the bench tools and and bigger stuff is still downstairs. @doobie yes I wanna put them in shelf it’s hard to pull one on the bottom so better of making shelf for that purpose.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Doobie

doobie yes I wanna put them in shelf it’s hard to pull one on the bottom so better of making shelf for that purpose.

I try to shelve all mine, but I’m due as well to deal with a bunch I’ve acquired in the past while that are stacked for now as well. I don’t mind a few stacked but having too many drives me nuts when I have to get to the bottom ones.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Today was the day to put up the Christmas lights on the house. No shop time!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

’nuff said?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Today was the day to put up the Christmas lights on the house. No shop time!

Oh I have to put the lights up this week also. Wife has been pesting me to do it. Not my favorite job. It uses all my cords up.
    I am taking the easy way this year with the laser lights.

cranbrook2
    Pro

I was working on the new bathroom dormer today . Almost ready for shingles .

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Damn that looks good John.

Did a little 30×40 foundation today… Almost ready to pour tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finally got to work on the house we started framing 2 weeks ago, after letting it sit for a week.

Got the last of the hips, jack rafters, and facia finished up.

Went out and picked up a new toilet today. Still sitting in the car for now. I got fed up with the Foremost one I had and going to replace it with a Crane. Foremost sent me some repair parts and the flapper valve was wrong. They phoned in response to my flaming email and offered to send the right one and I told them I was tired of wasting time with their product, I didn’t want them and the toilet is going in the dumpster. A brand I will avoid from now on.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I installed this trimwork today. The homeowner had an electric window shade installed a while ago and doesn’t like the way it looks, so she asked me to hide it.

The crown is a 5 1/4” x 3/4” poplar molding….quite a chunk of wood! I made the lower piece on my router table with a molding bit. BTW, all of this is 14’ in the air above their kitchen sink!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Extending a front stoop roof to make a portico on a job started back in August. I got it framed, sheathed and papered in but not roofed or trimmed.

Hopefully tomorrows rain forecast moves out earlier than predicted so I can get trimmed and roofed before the holiday.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

’nuff said?

That is a nice pile of wood.

Went out and picked up a new toilet today. Still sitting in the car for now. I got fed up with the Foremost one I had and going to replace it with a Crane. Foremost sent me some repair parts and the flapper valve was wrong. They phoned in response to my flaming email and offered to send the right one and I told them I was tired of wasting time with their product, I didn’t want them and the toilet is going in the dumpster. A brand I will avoid from now on.

I feel your pain. I replace out toilet 2 years ago. But the toilet I took out was only 5 years old. It would stop leaking at the base. I tried everything. It was a cheap toilet as we didn’t pay much for it on sale.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Man I wish I had a fraction of your skill at framing John. Takes me forever as a wannabee to do that kind of thing.

Keep it up. You gonna leave poppin in the windows til the spring?

cranbrook2
    Pro

Man I wish I had a fraction of your skill at framing John. Takes me forever as a wannabee to do that kind of thing.

Keep it up. You gonna leave poppin in the windows til the spring?

Thanks Kevin ! I will be putting the windows in as soon as I get them !

’nuff said?

That is a nice pile of wood.

I feel your pain. I replace out toilet 2 years ago. But the toilet I took out was only 5 years old. It would stop leaking at the base. I tried everything. It was a cheap toilet as we didn’t pay much for it on sale.

I think that is the 5th load like that. I have probably 2 or 3 more to go from a lot that has them felled. Gotta get that one done as a new unit is coming in soon. After that I think it may slow down a bit. I have 2 huge ash trees down in my yard I may lose to the river and a small oak and about 5 more ash to come down here. The guys falling them want to wait until the ground freezes to get those down so they can get the big boom truck in there. So I hope I get a bit of a rest. There are also several more to come down around the park yet too. I will likely be at it all winter, but I will be able to heat my home for several years when I am done. I have to build a shed to store them in. Not worried for a while yet, they will season fine stacked outside.

built and stripped concrete forms

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.632 seconds