dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I was working in the rain and mud but manage to get it all closed in and three quarters of the roof stripped .

Looking good John. Looks like you have had quite a bit of rain.

I have a 5 gallon pale sitting in the addition and it is over half full from last night . Now it is snowing pretty hard . The shingles wont be going on until next weekend . Hopefully it will be dry by then.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the trailer filled with a light load of ash and a bunch of slash cleared away. Some of this stuff is going to be hard to harvest. A little at a time I suppose.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

I was working in the rain and mud but manage to get it all closed in and three quarters of the roof stripped .

Wow, that’s coming along great John,
    Looks like you have a metal roof? I don’t recall if you had it before, or you are installing it now?
    Keep up the great job John.

Just saw the post above, looks like it’s been too be shingles lol

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

More baseboard trim today – really getting frustrated with walls that are so far out of plumb that it makes fitting the trim a real painful task.
    3/8″ out of plum from the floor to the top of the baseboard, yeah – that bullnose corner is gonna be a whole lot of fun…..

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

More baseboard trim today – really getting frustrated with walls that are so far out of plumb that it makes fitting the trim a real painful task.
    3/8″ out of plum from the floor to the top of the baseboard, yeah – that bullnose corner is gonna be a whole lot of fun…..

@MTRoads
    Wow…3/8” out over what, 4 inches or so? Does the wall look like its going to fall over? If that degree of error continues over the whole height of the wall, the top of the wall would be around 9 inches out of plane!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

I worked on some small personalized Christmas gifts, some toast / kitchen tongs, I routed the name with the CNC, and used up some scraps. These ones need some sanding on the belt sander.

Will

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

@mtroads Wow…3/8” out over what, 4 inches or so? Does the wall look like its going to fall over? If that degree of error continues over the whole height of the wall, the top of the wall would be around 9 inches out of plane!

Jon,
    It is not the entire wall (this appears to be an addition on the living room side of the master bedroom – just to the left to the entry to the master bedroom. Guess they wanted some linen shelving there – about 38″ wide, 21″ deep), where the drywall is bowed out of plumb at the bottom.
    About 8″ from the floor and up – wall is plumb, but that doesn’t make installing the baseboard very easy, especially with the two corners of that linen closet in the living room side are the corners that are bullnosed.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Doobie

I have a 5 gallon pale sitting in the addition and it is over half full from last night . Now it is snowing pretty hard . The shingles wont be going on until next weekend . Hopefully it will be dry by then.

Why does that remind me of Green Acres? Lol!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Found time to change out 18 outlets and 10 switches today, along with a little bit of trim that I’ve been dragging my feet to do.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Wow, that’s coming along great John,
    Looks like you have a metal roof? I don’t recall if you had it before, or you are installing it now?
    Keep up the great job John.

Just saw the post above, looks like it’s been too be shingles lol

The old roof on the back addition was aluminum and then a layer of shingles under that .I am putting 50 year shingles on .

Here are a few before and after shots so far . I still have to remove the ceiling .The new ceiling will be 16 ft high .

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Oh man that stinks. Guess you kinda figured the weather would suck this time of the year.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

It was kinda a crappy day to do much. So I decide to take my oldest daughter hunting with me. We didn’t see anything. I got to share some stories about my Grandparents farm. Then I came home and put the winter tires on the wife’s van. I didn’t get done til it was dark.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

The new ceiling will be 16 ft high .

Wow! That’s gonna look grand!

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Cleaned some more at my mom’s house and then did about 12 bags of leaves at my place. Ran out of leave bags and had to get more at HD.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

mtroads Wow…3/8” out over what, 4 inches or so? Does the wall look like its going to fall over? If that degree of error continues over the whole height of the wall, the top of the wall would be around 9 inches out of plane!

Jon,
    It is not the entire wall (this appears to be an addition on the living room side of the master bedroom – just to the left to the entry to the master bedroom. Guess they wanted some linen shelving there – about 38″ wide, 21″ deep), where the drywall is bowed out of plumb at the bottom.
    About 8″ from the floor and up – wall is plumb, but that doesn’t make installing the baseboard very easy, especially with the two corners of that linen closet in the living room side are the corners that are bullnosed.

It kind of sounds like they drywalled over something…

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I am organizing the tool room and putting some of them away

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Man Ibrahim, you definitely have some collection of l boxes, didn’t you have them in your kinda walk out basement before? Did you move, or changing spots to store your tools.

Doobie

You have a nice collection there. Any plans on shelving them?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

just wow!!! that is out of this world…insanely many lboxx’s

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I think your missing one Ibrahim…… ; )

Great collection there! Thanks for sharing!

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.467 seconds