dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Pinned a footing then layed out another in the pouring rain. Spent the rest of the day sanding drywall 🙁

I got my G1 drivers license today!

Congratulations Joshua, but what is a G1 license?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Very nice! Great work on the ceiling, too.

Curious about the handle placement on the lower false drawer fronts?

@smallerstick

Sorry, just saw this…that specific picture was for the customer. She wasn’t sure if she wanted one or two handles per door, so I taped them up for her to get a visual.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Yesterday I spent the day back and forth with an engineer. We have to modify 2 girder trusses to open up some attic space. We found a few things once the insulation was removed that needed addressed in the stamped drawings. We got all items resolved and lumber delivered. We will be cutting up some trusses over the next few days!! HAHA!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Here is a picture of a frame I built, where I also did the glass and matting, and even took the picture. I think it turned out well.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very nice! Great work on the ceiling, too.

Curious about the handle placement on the lower false drawer fronts?

@smallerstick

Sorry, just saw this…that specific picture was for the customer. She wasn’t sure if she wanted one or two handles per door, so I taped them up for her to get a visual.

LOL I knew there had to be an explanation. Thanks, that was bugging me.

@wbembrid
    Yes, I would say it came out very well.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got another big dent in the wood pile.

Looks like a big dent to me. Nice going. Well you know what they say heating with wood heats you twice.

I think I have 3 or 4 heatings off this pile already.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Got a fair bit of work done around the house. Finished up some more drywall, and opened up a wall.

Finally out of glass blowing, that roll was a total disaster,
    Unhealthy and unsafe, can’t exposure to many pictures, due to liability and so forth, but I told my boss I was gonna Crack in there, , after I mentioned that to him, he talked for the department I’m in now, two out off the three guys said that they don’t know how I managed to last that long in that area, , that was nice to hear,
    Anyway, my new group leader said to me, great job, he was pleasantly surprised to see my quality of work, said keep it up.

Been under the gun lately, this is for the military, not simulation, felt good to hear.
    At least someone appreciated my work ethic.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

2 of us were trimming windows again today while the 3rd was outside cedar shingling.

with some nasty weather coming our way we finished up by doing a massive cleanup inside and out

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Ontario has a graduated driving license system. G1 is the first step. You have to have a licensed driver in the car with you, no night driving, no major highways (I think).

Back in my day (the 70’s) we called it a three sixty five. It was like a learners permit and you got it by passing the written exam. That gave you a year to practice driving for your full license. Now I think it is 3 stages.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well yesterday we sided the dutch end gable walls with board & baton like the house. We liked it….The GC not so much,,,,,,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This morning we tore it off and did a lap detail to it,,,, we liked it too. the Arichy not so much,,,,

So we will take it off and do it a third time,,,,,

monman1
    Pro

Ontario has a graduated driving license system. G1 is the first step. You have to have a licensed driver in the car with you, no night driving, no major highways (I think).

Back in my day (the 70’s) we called it a three sixty five. It was like a learners permit and you got it by passing the written exam. That gave you a year to practice driving for your full license. Now I think it is 3 stages.

You are right, in one year i can go for my G2 then i can drive on my own, but not on roads like the 401.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Finally out of glass blowing, that roll was a total disaster,
    Unhealthy and unsafe, can’t exposure to many pictures, due to liability and so forth, but I told my boss I was gonna Crack in there, , after I mentioned that to him, he talked for the department I’m in now, two out off the three guys said that they don’t know how I managed to last that long in that area, , that was nice to hear,
    Anyway, my new group leader said to me, great job, he was pleasantly surprised to see my quality of work, said keep it up.

Been under the gun lately, this is for the military, not simulation, felt good to hear.
    At least someone appreciated my work ethic.

Sounds like you went above and beyond – I’m glad you’re out of there now, work place safety can be a really difficult subject to broach, I hope your supervisors are more concerned in the future!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Third time’s a charm. Good luck

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

This morning we tore it off and did a lap detail to it,,,, we liked it too. the Arichy not so much,,,,

Never crazy about doing my work multiple times. What does the architect want to see?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

You are right, in one year i can go for my G2 then i can drive on my own, but not on roads like the 401.

Wow, that’s quite the procedure and wait for being able to drive alone.
    Thanks for the info guys. , and congrats again Joshua.

Doobie

I never quite understood why they restrict the highway driving. I consider highway driving a lot easier than a lot of city street driving. Less things you have to pay attention to by far and no errant ‘pest-destrians’ on their devices to have to deal with.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Built a Christmas tree advent calendar this morning. I’ll stain it and put hooks on the front tomorrow.

Charlie

Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.586 seconds