dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Not much going on today. Had a change in plans. Yesterday I managed to get some stuff put away for the winter. Still have few things to put away yet.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Just got the last window installed in this old house, now I have a bunch of aluminum trim to do! I always make an aluminum sill pan that goes I’m before the window, then I will caulk between the window and the wood frame, and cover that all with aluminum.

Not sure why all my pics are showing up sideways, what am I doing wrong?

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Been working on some Christmas presents of late. Started with my grandmother, who needed some knitting tools. A project for the lathe. You can see a part of one of the items (a yarn butler) chucked up in the photo below. I’ve also cooked up a nostepinne on the lathe for her. Matching walnut for both pieces from the same board. I enjoy lathe work despite not being terribly efficient or terribly skilled at it. I guess practice really does make perfect, and I’ve not put in the practice needed to become truly skilled.

Attachments:
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Been working on some Christmas presents of late. Started with my grandmother, who needed some knitting tools. A project for the lathe. You can see a part of one of the items (a yarn butler) chucked up in the photo below. I’ve also cooked up a nostepinne on the lathe for her. Matching walnut for both pieces from the same board. I enjoy lathe work despite not being terribly efficient or terribly skilled at it. I guess practice really does make perfect, and I’ve not put in the practice needed to become truly skilled.

I’ve never done anything on a lathe, but it is on my bucket list! I guess the first thing I need to do is buy a lathe. Looks good!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got another big dent in the wood pile. One more day ought to finish it up. Then ready for the next round. I am going to have to re-handle both my 6 lb splitting mauls soon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Got another big dent in the wood pile. One more day ought to finish it up. Then ready for the next round. I am going to have to re-handle both my 6 lb splitting mauls soon.

You need one of those hydraulic splitters!

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the trim arrived today for the window job. so we started installing. its actually a really nice profile and includes a back band

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I gave the shop a quick clean up this morning. After I made a bit of space, I started cutting pieces for a pair of record storage crates that I’ll be building.

Here’s what they will look like:

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Doobie

I gave the shop a quick clean up this morning. After I made a bit of space, I started cutting pieces for a pair of record storage crates that I’ll be building.

You making them for yourself Jon? I still have the real old milk crates that can fit them. But most of my old vinyl records along with my old Marantz receiver and turnatable are in a repurposed televion cabinet. Still gets played every once in a while. I’ll never sell my old vinyl.

monman1
    Pro

I got my G1 drivers license today!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Finished up laying the floor today. Still need to run a bunch of base and crown molding.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

You making them for yourself Jon? I still have the real old milk crates that can fit them. But most of my old vinyl records along with my old Marantz receiver and turnatable are in a repurposed televion cabinet. Still gets played every once in a while. I’ll never sell my old vinyl.

They are for a cousin actually. She asked me to make them as a gift for someone.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

More flooring/trim work today – plus a discussion with the son on the possibilities of building a CNC.

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Ok, so we got the floor joists and beams installed yesterday, and today we got the floor sheathing installed, plus our longest exterior wall on this floor. Hope to have most of the main floor framed tomorrow 👍

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Looks clean,Nice looking spot for a house.. Nice view.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

7 Seconds
    Nice record racks! Very sad I had to get rid of my records,, had a lot of limited ones…

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Today I frame this basement ceiling sister the beams

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

More flooring/trim work today – plus a discussion with the son on the possibilities of building a CNC.

Do you have plans that you’ll follow for the CNC, or just make it up as you go? I would love to see your progress pics either way if you decide to go for it.

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Got another big dent in the wood pile.

Looks like a big dent to me. Nice going. Well you know what they say heating with wood heats you twice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I got my G1 drivers license today!

Congrats, Joshua, that’s a real milestone.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Ok, so we got the floor joists and beams installed yesterday, and today we got the floor sheathing installed, plus our longest exterior wall on this floor. Hope to have most of the main floor framed tomorrow 👍

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Wow, that’s a beautiful place,
    Nice clean jobsite.

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.703 seconds