dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,006 total)
  • Author

had to go around and patch all these butcher holes the electricians cut in walls to put their boxes in cause the GC won’t let them do cut ins

Did the last cleanup of the grounds at the cabin today. Lots of leaves to blow and I double cut the lawn with the mulching mower to take care of the leaves that were in the grass. Supposed to start snowing tomorrow afternoon. Glad I got it out of the way.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Working doing concrete, restoration repairs on a church. Will post up some pics tomorrow.

A Working Pro since 2004

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Today I repair this nitch

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Fixing and checking elevations, laying out for sofit and siding.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Clev08
    Pro

Lots of casing today, had to straighten a door and make some trim pieces to fit between sets windows that were too close to case individually.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Formed and poured a footing, with about 3 hours of drinking coffee while waiting on the concrete lol

@JimDaddyO lol that was good about the potatoes, and of course the on vegetables slacking off, lol

@Masterbosch
    great job Ibrahim,
    Nice and clean with the Bosch dust extractor,

@keegan wow, that looks great, I’m sure they will enjoy that right away,

More practicing making bulbs today, first have to call for my hot work permit, then going to clean up the manifold

Today I repair this nitch

Repairs are a pain. How closely does it match? Looks good on the pics

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Finally finished up this screened porch earlier this week. It was a really fun project, hopefully it looks like the architect’s drawing.
    Worked on our next project today, which is a whole house remodel. Most of the demo is over at this point fortunately, so working on framing now, mostly adding window openings to exterior walls.

Looks good!

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I finally got the inside of the foundation cleaned out and ready to do some framing .

Doobie

I finally got the inside of the foundation cleaned out and ready to do some framing .

Nice messy part of the job done there John. I’m sure you’re happy after having to deal with all that makeshifth floor joisting you had to struggle with ripping out. Were there any mechanicals in it that you had to deal with and reroute or set aside?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Bet you’re glad to have that part of the work done. Will you leave the crawl space as is or will you put in a poured floor?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Nice messy part of the job done there John. I’m sure you’re happy after having to deal with all that makeshifth floor joisting you had to struggle with ripping out. Were there any mechanicals in it that you had to deal with and reroute or set aside?

The electricity for the shop is mounted on that wall but I was able to cut it away without having disconnect it . It will need to be relocated soon enough .

There is a crawl space under the floor so I will be able to run a few heat ducts .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Cleaned up 10 yards of rock, this morning, from a dump truck rollover on the interstate that we had a while back. It was a mess. Glad to have it done. Going to try to get a yard graded this afternoon and ready for sod. they are predicting 3 – 5 inches of snow tomorrow, so I do not know if we will be able to get the sod done or not yet this year. If the grading is done, we will have a better chance.

Cleaned up 10 yards of rock, this morning, from a dump truck rollover on the interstate that we had a while back. It was a mess. Glad to have it done. Going to try to get a yard graded this afternoon and ready for sod. they are predicting 3 – 5 inches of snow tomorrow, so I do not know if we will be able to get the sod done or not yet this year. If the grading is done, we will have a better chance.

Would you sod within a couple of weeks of snow/frost?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is actually a good time. It takes a lot less water and once it freezes you are good till spring. Spring is typically wetter so it takes well and saves a lot of watering time and cost. Also, getting it in now, we do not have to worry about ground cover for erosion control over the winter.

We had a house several years ago that we got 4″ of snow on the night after we laid it. Everything turned out great.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Did someone say that bad 4 letter word s n o w ???
    I’m not ready for it!

Putting the finishing touches on this house flip. Probably start a new house next week.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Today was mostly a gardening day taking advantage of the last of the good weather. Clean up and begin to plant tulips for spring.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Stopped by a buddies place and picked up 450 lbs of Potatoes. Always nice to have locally grown potatoes to eat.

how do you keep them from rotting/sprouting?

Well I just keep them in my cool dark area in my basement. I dump all the potatoes out on a tarp after I get them. I let then dry in the air for few hours. Then I check for damage ones or one that look like that they are starting to go bad. I use these ones up first. I dump a bag we are going use in Rubbermaid tote and I keep the lid offset abit so air can get in. Also when they are in a tote I watch for ones going bad. Tote usually holds a bag. I am not sure there is a way to keep them from rotting other then get the the rotting ones away from the other ones. As for sprouting this only happens toward spring. I don’t do anything other break the sprouts off when the come out.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,006 total)
  • The topic ‘V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.696 seconds