dcsimg

V-30 What did you do in the shop site today?

This topic contains 116 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 hour, 13 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)
  • Author

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here is the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-29-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I demoed a 20×16 pergola today…Well, the posts are still there, but the rest is down. I’m picking up the lumber to rebuild in the morning.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Finished running base molding upstairs today and put some vinyl plank floor down in the foyer.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

lots of running around, got one more door replaced, not hardware and weatherstripping and we will wrap up that project.

worked on bills and bids in the office.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Rain day today. Did a bunch of office work. Tomorrow and Friday looks good for outdoor work though.

Kevin.

Today I take of 2 room ceiling to raise the ceiling.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Easton, Pa

Wasn’t feeling well over the last few days but I did manage to finish resurrecting the hack post. Left the top a few inches long so I can cut to fit on site

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Polished metal most of the day, tedious and dusty.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Cut some mortises today and did some layout for the tenons.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Still laying tile. Should finish the last room this morning. Then the fun begins with the grout.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Just about to go out to the shop to see how the glue up went. I bonded some plywood pads to the faces of my pipe clamps to act as built in cauls and to help them stand better. It is a pain trying to activate a pipe clamp and hold a caul on either side at the same time. Not a one person job, so I try to get the wife to help when I can. She holds the cauls while I tighten the clamps.

Question….Does this make her a caul girl?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Question….Does this make her a ‘caul’ girl?

LMAO!

Spilt coffee time! 😉

Kevin.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wasn’t feeling well over the last few days but I did manage to finish resurrecting the hack post. Left the top a few inches long so I can cut to fit on site

Man those painted up nice!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

With a slight modification the pipe clamps now have built in cauls and a better base for them to sit on so they don’t roll over.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

With a slight modification the pipe clamps now have built in cauls and a better base for them to sit on so they don’t roll over.

Really good idea! Sometimes those clamps can be a real PITA.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Took a chance it wouldn’t rain and finished the siding on the upper part of my shed build. I was worried about how it would arrive at the bottom of the soffits, but it came very close to even along the whole length. I still have to trim the top with a strip of PVC, and there are some little short segments of siding to do around my front entrance, but that’s the tail end of the siding to be imstalled. Thank goodness…..I have had my full of it for now! It’s been a great learning experience and it went well albeit way slower than imagined, but I need a break from it.

I removed the remaining nine full siding boards from the pallet of siding that has been in my driveway since mid December last year and cleaned up around it. So glad to see that gone now. The remaining amounts are now stacked in my shed. 11 extra full length pieces along with a bunch of 52 in cutoffs.

I coulda mitigated the cutoffs but I decided not to for a variety of practical reasons. Sped things up and seemed pointless to conserve fulls knowing I could use the cutoffs on future builds I have slated. In doing so, it also made that backside look real pro for the neighbor eye appeal. No random joints all over the place, just gradual staggered lenghts evenly distributed all the way up. I had already used my oddbal segments leftover from otjer work on the lower half below the fence line, and I’m happy with that. While I am disgruntled with the neighbors and their antogonism thru this shed build effort, I want it to look as pro as I can make it also even if it’s areas I will seldom see.

I did get a nice compliment at the end of the day from the neighbor. This is rare for these A-Holes. I think it’s 3 compliments in the past week. There had been NONE for over 17 years. I did mention that it would look nicer than it had been at times thruout the build and the final result would look good. I guess they’re now seeing what I knew it would ultimately be what it is becoming.

Now I have to do a ton of caulking and finish some other PVC trim capping work on my main roof’s gable ends, but the light at the end of this shed build tunnel is starting to shine brightly. At least for the exterior part, there’s still lots to do inside, but that can happen gradually as needed or time permits.

Kevin.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Those came out really nice,

Still practicing on those bulbs at work, it’s long and tedious,
    Not one of the jobs I prefer doing.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I had change plans today as my kid’s Doctor appt got cancelled. So this allowed me some extra time to remove on one window A/C unit. I got put away till next year. Also made arrangements to have 3 yards gravel to my place either tomorrow early next week. I need to put this around the deck at rental apartment.

Greg

Work Smarter Not Harder

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Sanding and branding this morning in the shop, then lots of pruning today at work.

Charlie

Instagram

Today I did some framing and run some wires for the recessed lights

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.830 seconds