dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 235 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lowes has the Bosch 3/8″X18″ SDS+ bits on clearance at $2.99, so I ordered it online for two.

Good price and then it worked out even better as you got an additional discount.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Lowes has the Bosch 3/8″X18″ SDS+ bits on clearance at $2.99

$5.59 at all local stores near me. Still a great price, Reg is $27

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is still a great price. SDS bits and accessories are really expensive which is why I only buy what I really need.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That is still a great price. SDS bits and accessories are really expensive which is why I only buy what I really need.

Yeah same here , it can add up fairly quickly.

Doobie

Lowes has the Bosch 3/8″X18″ SDS+ bits on clearance at $2.99, so I ordered it online for two.

A few days later I got an email saying order is ready for pickup, but quantity shows 1 instead of 2. Weird.

I went to the store to pick it up. I mentioned that the quantity is not correct does it mean they are out of stock and only had 1? She said yes I would only be charged one. She then went to the back and came back with a giant box 36″X36″X36″, big enough to fit a stove in it, and I said this can’t be the box, she opened it and 99% of the box was filled with peanuts but there are two drill bits inside.

I took the bits then told her the box has two which was what I ordered, but why does the online order showed only 1 is ready? She looked it up and said she has no idea. OK can I pay for two? After she tried a few things she basically said “why don’t you keep both and I only charge you for one? Otherwise you have to leave one behind, and I don’t know what to do with this bit because I can’t return it back into inventory since your order of 2 has been fullfilled but the invoice said only 1 is in the box”. I decided not to argue and left with two bits, total $3.20, after tax.

Very good Sami. Stuff like that happens on occasion.

I had something somewhat similar happen with Lowes staff ‘indiferences’ some years ago.

There was some how-to book I was interested in, but no price on it or on the store shelf ledge. Brought it to Customer Service and the gal scanned it. Came out to zero dollars/cents….she said to just take it.

I think it was the last one on the shelf. Can’t even recall which book or topic area it was but having a massive gamut of these types of books that I had stopped buying these types of books many years prior, I must have been interested in it, so it came home with me.

One time at HD many years ago there was this really solid well designed cast iron powder coated super wide base Christmas tree stand that was reg priced at $75 on clearance for half price per the yellow clearance sticker on it. When I went thru the cash it scanned at $6. Pointed out the yellow sticker price to that cashier….she didn’t care. Been happily using that excellent tree stand every year for near two decades now.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

clearance for half price per the yellow clearance sticker on it. When I went thru the cash it scanned at $6.

Someone, on another forum, explained those yellow stickers.I don’t remember the exact details, but in a nutshell… once an item gets yellow stickered if it doesn’t sell in an period of time the price gets reduced. It gets changed in the data base but no one ever changes the price on the sticker. That continues until the price hits .01 or .00 There’s a way to track the price, but that’s the part I don’t remember

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

@Doobie Found this….from a dept head at HD. Says it differs in Canada.

Clearance starts and tag goes yellow. Then in 3 weeks price drops 25% off, 6 weeks it goes to 50% off, 7 weeks price ends in “06”, 10 weeks it ends in “03” and after 13 weeks it goes to 1penny and we toss it down the compactor

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I had to buy a new 16 gauge finishing nailer the other day. My old Campbell Hausfeld had been acting up. Then it just stopped shooting nails. I have had this nailer for along time. I would say it hasn’t had alot of use.
    After stopping at 2 of the box stores and not finding air nailer I wanted. I stopped at Cdn Tire and pick up the 16 gauge finishing and I lucked out it was on sale. I tried it out yesterday and it seem to work find.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I had to buy a new 16 gauge finishing nailer the other day. My old Campbell Hausfeld had been acting up. Then it just stopped shooting nails. I have had this nailer for along time. I would say it hasn’t had alot of use.

After stopping at 2 of the box stores and not finding air nailer I wanted. I stopped at Cdn Tire and pick up the 16 gauge finishing and I lucked out it was on sale. I tried it out yesterday and it seem to work find.

Congrats , looking forward to hearing from you about how the nailer is working ,
    I’ve had nothing but great experience from my new and refurbished King canada nailers ,
    Apparently some of those mastercraft people like alot , good bang for your buck.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats , looking forward to hearing from you about how the nailer is working ,

I’ve had nothing but great experience from my new and refurbished King canada nailers ,

Apparently some of those mastercraft people like alot , good bang for your buck.

Thanks! I like it so far. It seems alot like my old nailer. We will see how long it last.

Greg

Just bought some snow tires , plus a snow blower , haven’t received either one yet , both are on order 🤷‍♂️

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just bought some snow tires , plus a snow blower

Oh man I guess winter is right around the corner. Glad I don’t have to bother with snow tires.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just bought some snow tires , plus a snow blower , haven’t received either one yet , both are on order 🤷‍♂️

Nice getting ready for winter. What kind of snowblower did you buy?

Greg

Doobie

Oh man I guess winter is right around the corner. Glad I don’t have to bother with snow tires.

True, but there are no such thing as hurricane tires either. Lol!

Basically, we’re all in different regions on this continent. There’s pluses and minuses whichever locale one lives in. I’ll take winter/summer tire swap outs twice a year over any kind of hurricane dillema every few years, if not more.

I get a bit twisted out of shape when they announce that we’re to get storms with winds over 60 MPH/100 K/h. Frankly, I don’t know how folks deal with either hurricane inland effects over those amounts or even worse those in tornado zones. I’d be a nervous wreck!

Yeah , I bought a set of second hand tires last year , I should have just bought new , or at least bought a better set of tires and brand , I just thought I’d be changing trucks this year , but with my wife getting let go and covid19 , I decided to wait till next year ,
    And at least I’ll have a good set of yokohama snow tires ,
    I bought a ego two stage snow blower ,

True, but there are no such thing as hurricane tires either. Lol!

Basically, we’re all in different regions on this continent. There’s pluses and minuses whichever locale one lives in. I’ll take winter/summer tire swap outs twice a year over any kind of hurricane dillema every few years, if not more.

I get a bit twisted out of shape when they announce that we’re to get storms with winds over 60 MPH/100 K/h. Frankly, I don’t know how folks deal with either hurricane inland effects over those amounts or even worse those in tornado zones. I’d be a nervous wreck!

That is so true kevin , so true , I don’t think I could do that.
    You people out there have ⚾⚾ of steel if you ask me

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yeah , I bought a set of second hand tires last year , I should have just bought new , or at least bought a better set of tires and brand , I just thought I’d be changing trucks this year , but with my wife getting let go and covid19 , I decided to wait till next year ,

I guess one never really knows sometimes. I have good luck my second hand winter tires.
    Is the EGO blower battery powered?

Greg

I guess one never really knows sometimes. I have good luck my second hand winter tires.

Is the EGO blower battery powered?

True , I should have known , judging by the name , savero I think is the name , but even the tread
    Oh well I definitely won’t be buying that brand anymore lol
    Yeah the snow blower is battery

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

rue , I should have known , judging by the name , savero I think is the name , but even the tread

Never heard of that brand before.

Nice. Look forward hearing how you like it this winter.

Greg

rue , I should have known , judging by the name , savero I think is the name , but even the tread

Never heard of that brand before.

Nice. Look forward hearing how you like it this winter.

Thanks , I’ve seen only a few reviews and one or two people actually use it for cleaning snow , looks like it does a good job ,
    I also have snow removal , I just leave to darn early for getting up and using the snow blower , it’s more for walkways and the backyard , making a path to the shed and to be able to get out of the house by the backyard in case of emergency
    It should be okay , so far I’ve been using the lawnmower for 3 summers and great battery runtime and does a good job ,

I hope I get it soon

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 235 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.456 seconds