dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 975 total)
  • Author

Needed to shrink some bigger heat shrink tubing , about 1-1/4 inch round and about 18 inches long each piece , didn’t have my torch , and was taking way too much time with those BBQ lighters or whatever you call them

So I picked this up at HD makes a difference , although used up two 4 amp batteries and about 1 bar on another , I didn’t check the time , but I’m sure I was over 1/2 continuous runtime

I’d like to get a cordless heat gun myself, but I don’t want another battery platform. I’m hoping Makita, Bosch, or even Ridgid come out with one reasonably priced.

I so rarely need a heat gun and my old seldom used MasterCrap one has it’s plastic case all all crumbling apart and the handle has become all sticky somehow. The gun and it’s attachments have been always kept in the house since I bought it over 15 years ago. It’s hardly ever been used.

On another related to Ryobi, I saw a super reg price Ryobi floor weep on clearance brand new at HD last week for $80. Would’ve bought it had I been on the Ryobi battery platform.

https://www.ryobitools.ca/products/details/18v-one-plus-devour-cordless

😐😯😮😯😮 Wow I’ve been looking for one , shoot if it’s still there , I’d email you the money , or I wonder if they can ship it to me 🤷‍♂️ I’d definitely be interested in this , is it too much to ask if it’s available 🤷‍♂️

As discussed over PMs, I’ll go take a look for it tomorrow and see if it still there.

The only thing I didn’t mention in the PMs with you Brian is I don’t recall seeing the handles, but then again, I wasn’t interested in buying it myself, so they may be off to the side. The main unit itself was sitting on a shelf chest high.

If the handles are not there, what would you want me to do?

Here’s the PDF of the parts list for them. Item #9 I assume. You can go and research in advance what they may cost in case I get there tomorrow and the handles are gone altogether. Call and see if they are still available also although you may want to McGyver your own. You’re a smart guy!

https://manuals.ttigroupna.com/system/files/10564/original/P3260_356_r.pdf?2018

I’ve made curved handles before using EMT conduit and bent as needed for things. Thinking you can do the same.

You could probably make them out of bent steel as well by looks of how they attach to the main unit.

@Boschmanbrian

Oof , well if the handle is there , I’ll definitely take it , but if they don’t have them , I’ll pass , I don’t have time to start making up a handle for it.

I bought a multi task ladder yesterday from CDN Tire. I will pick it up today or tomorrow.

Nice , congrats that’s definitely going to be handy 👍

Thanks! I am sure this will come in handy. I could resist with on sale price.

Nice , I’d like to see more pics of it later if possible , I’m starting to look at those

Ok I will see what I can do or if will remember. LOL!

LoL no worries , was just curious to see what it looked like 👍

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Paid $140 for a “vintage” hand tool.

Care to guess what it does?

Nice it’s a bender for soft copper 🤭🤭🤭🤫lol

That’s pretty cool , did you buy it to use , or just to keep because it’s antique 🤷‍♂️

I bought it to use. I have over 240′ of 1/2″ soft copper in inventory that I intend to use up some day hopefully. I am doing more with PEX these days but I like to work with copper more even though it takes more time, effort and money.

Here is a short piece I tested the bender with,

I cut a piece of soft tubing and tried it. It works but does take some effort and careful positioning.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What happened? I think the system is messed up posts were lost, and it thinks I made the post above on August 7 which I know I didn’t that post is several months old. Strange…

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

What happened? I think the system is messed up posts were list, and it thinks I made the post above on August 7 which I know I didn’t that post is several months old. Strange…

Maybe the post didn’t post when you posted it and one of the mods had go approve it.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

What happened? I think the system is messed up posts were lost, and it thinks I made the post above on August 7 which I know I didn’t that post is several months old. Strange…

Yeah that’s a while ago 🤷‍♂️
    Oh well better late than never

I decide that I want a cordless glue gun and I don’t want a new battery platform so I decided to buy a battery adapter for the Ryobi one+ for one of my existing platforms (Makita 18v). This is not a high use use, just a convenience so I thought it was a good place to try this sort of thing .. the adapter has arrived, now waiting on the glue gun …

Will

I decide that I want a cordless glue gun and I don’t want a new battery platform so I decided to buy a battery adapter for the Ryobi one+ for one of my existing platforms (Makita 18v). This is not a high use use, just a convenience so I thought it was a good place to try this sort of thing .. the adapter has arrived, now waiting on the glue gun …

Cool , I’ve heard another member I believe here a few years ago , I believe they did the similar , they said you just have to make sure you don’t drain the battery completely , something to do with the electronics inside the original batti from the platform 🤷‍♂️

I’d definitely be interested in seeing how it works out
    I bought the glue gun , it’s pretty good 👍
    But I already had some 4 amp hours batteries

Doobie

I’ve wondered about that option myself to not get on another battery platform. Please let us know how it works out for you please.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

How much heavier and taller is the tool with the battery adapter?

MTRoads
    Pro
    Near Glacier National Park, MT

I have multiple platforms also and would like to use some of the batteries on my Ryobi tools – where did you find this adapter?
    Thanks,

Stan
    From the Northwest corner of Montana.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My new toy..

redwood
    Pro

My new toy..

I have that router. You should be happy. I retired my old Bosch Colt, when I got the DeWalt.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

My new toy..

Congrats , looks nice , how are you liking it so far

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My new toy..

Nice enjoy your new toy!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The BEST router table on the market?

I don’t know, the Bosch Router table is very good. I have one and really like it. Although the 2 storage spaces on either side of this table are very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Ryobi cordless glue gun finally arrived and works well with the Makita battery, so for an occasional use tool and one less battery platform – this works!

Will

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Ryobi cordless glue gun finally arrived and works well with the Makita battery,

Nice it works with the Makita battery. You’re right one less battery platform.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wera Bit Screwdriver Handle Size Comparison

https://toolguyd.com/wera-bit-screwdriver-handle-size-comparison/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ryobi Link Modular Storage System | KISS PACKOUT GOODBYE!!!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 975 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.058 seconds