dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 975 total)
  • Author

Not tools, just some SS hardware. Actually only needed one thing for an upcoming hack and that got split from the order and won’t be here til next week.

What are you building , do you use graphite grease or something on the stainless , they can seize up pretty quick

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Not tools, just some SS hardware. Actually only needed one thing for an upcoming hack and that got split from the order and won’t be here til next week.

What are you building , do you use graphite grease or something on the stainless , they can seize up pretty quick

I’m going to attempt to “save” the battery from the wife’s Seadoo. Will use some copper never-seize

I’m going to attempt to “save” the battery from the wife’s Seadoo. Will use some copper never-seize

Ah okay , that’s good stuff that copper anti seize

I remember building those military cabinets for the boat’s , all the hardware had to be stainless , the graphite grease works great , but man if you get it anywhere on your clothes lol ,

redwood
    Pro

That hurts. I miss my Seadoo’s. Had 2 of them (XP & GTX) for 14 years. Sold them when I moved 6 years ago.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Well, I jumped on the Milwaukee Packout wagon. Had some sales and coupons so I save a bunch over regular price. Quite happy with the system so far. Very sturdy and a lot easier to connect than L-boxxes.

Congratulations Lon , I regret not buying it last black Friday , was a good deal , and yes , feels more solid and much easier to pull on and off.

IMHO the Packout is the sturdiest and most well built of the modular storage boxes. The Dewalt comes in a close second. I do have a lot of L_BOXX’s that I use frequently. In comparison to these other two, they are much more flimsy. I still will not transform completely as so many of the boxes I have have the inserts for the tools to go in them. I really like the organization that way.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Care to guess what it is for?

Looks like the probe they use to stick in the ground to find septic tanks.

We have a winner! It is a pipe probe comes in different lengths, this is a 60″ version to find buried drain pipe after you approximately located it with a locator. You can use it to find septic tank too. Obviously useful in sandy soil in Florida and not do much in rocky or clay soil with deeply buried pipes up north.

I have one of those also. Around here they call them a tile probe. probably because they are used so much in the agricultural areas to locate field tile. they come in handy for probing for frost and finding sewer lines that we are tying into on projects.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Care to guess what it is for?

Looks like the probe they use to stick in the ground to find septic tanks.

We have a winner! It is a pipe probe comes in different lengths, this is a 60″ version to find buried drain pipe after you approximately located it with a locator. You can use it to find septic tank too. Obviously useful in sandy soil in Florida and not do much in rocky or clay soil with deeply buried pipes up north.

I have one of those also. Around here they call them a tile probe. probably because they are used so much in the agricultural areas to locate field tile. they come in handy for probing for frost and finding sewer lines that we are tying into on projects.

Review of the Bosch 12v Planer. Not to be a spoiler but they liked it. Looks like a nice tool if you work with wood.

https://toolsinaction.com/bosch-12v-cordless-planer/?mc_cid=52554437c1&mc_eid=9c2c2b90b5

redwood
    Pro

Looks good, when is it going to be on the rewards list. When I was contracting, I used my 18V Makita cordless planer a ton. This looks like it would do all the same things we used it for.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Well, I jumped on the Milwaukee Packout wagon. Had some sales and coupons so I save a bunch over regular price. Quite happy with the system so far. Very sturdy and a lot easier to connect than L-boxxes.

Congratulations Lon , I regret not buying it last black Friday , was a good deal , and yes , feels more solid and much easier to pull on and off.

IMHO the Packout is the sturdiest and most well built of the modular storage boxes. The Dewalt comes in a close second. I do have a lot of L_BOXX’s that I use frequently. In comparison to these other two, they are much more flimsy. I still will not transform completely as so many of the boxes I have have the inserts for the tools to go in them. I really like the organization that way.

Yeah same here , thanks to BTP I was able to get lots of l boxes , I only have 1 l box 4 that I bought from Mississauga hardware when I bought the 14 gallon dust extractor kit /hose , I definitely like the size of it , I have had my older storage boxes from Canadian Tire , nice and solid , still using them , I really like the pack out , but just can’t find myself spending lots of cash just for them , especially since I really don’t do that much work like I used to ,
    Unless I could get them for a great price

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

This ought to help. Still sore today…lol

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This ought to help. Still sore today…lol

I am sure it will help. If you remember to wear them.

Seems to be my problem. That forget to wear them.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I bought a pint of BM primer called stix 🤷‍♂️ supposed to be good , that plus 6 sanding sponges 🤯 fitty bocks wow , better be darn good stuff

Doobie

Metabo HPT Cordless Trim Router

Wow…Thanks for sharing that!

Never would have ever sought that otherwise.

You truly make our BTP world prized for those tools that are rather innocuous, yet that we don’t even know we should be aware of.

Truly great consistent content contribution to the forum on your part!

What’s next? I hope it’s a left handed screwdriver that I am so badly looking for!

Note to all forumites….This is not the ‘Spirit’ of what the Toolaholics thread is intended for. It is not a points grab for tools you have no real association with, although exceptions for tools you see that you take pics of that you come across can be the exception. Just CONSISTENTLY posting stuff you find on the internet is heavily frowned upon.

It is OK to just paste a link to a unique tool you find on the internet, but just be judicious in that it is significantly relevant/revolutionary/unique. This one was not by a long shot.

This has been pointed out long before, but obviously needs reminding for some of our forum members.

The BTP forum thanks you all for your continued valued contributions!

Not a tool to say , but I bought a high lift blade for the Ego lawn mower yesterday , makes a huge difference in the cut ,

redwood
    Pro

Not a tool to say , but I bought a high lift blade for the Ego lawn mower yesterday , makes a huge difference in the cut ,

What exactly does the high lift blade do? Does it create suction?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Good question! What is the advantage of this type of blade.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Yeah exactly , I found the original blade is great when I was using it on a lower setting , like 3 and lower , but I started putting it on 4 and it’s just not cutting everything , leaving almost like a small mohawk 🤷‍♂️
    Not a big deal , but around 3 days after , looks like it’s not even been cut.
    I even just bought a brand new replacement blade last week , tried it and it was slightly better than the original , even though it’s the exact same , guess because it was kinda razor sharp ,
    I tried sharpening it , didn’t come out to bad ,
    So I am on a Ego forum on Faceplant lol , and one of the members said they are using the high lift and still mulching , it’s really for bagging and does create more suction /lift , definitely can hear and actually feel the difference between the rpm or something like that ,
    Personally I haven’t seen a significant extra use of the battery , not a big deal , I have extra batteries.

But yeah just created better suction

As fall will be coming in over a month or so , I’ll revert back to the original blade ,

Still a great mower

redwood
    Pro

@BoschmanBrian

“So I am on a Ego forum”

So where is this EGO forum exactly.

I have a small lawn surrounding a large pine tree. I have the original blade and I’m hoping for a blade that might do a better job of cleaning up the needles and debris of the tree.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

@BoschmanBrian

“So I am on a Ego forum”

So where is this EGO forum exactly.

I have a small lawn surrounding a large pine tree. I have the original blade and I’m hoping for a blade that might do a better job of cleaning up the needles and debris of the tree.

It’s on Facebook

I can send you the link by PM if you need , I have a pine tree also , those friggin needles are definitely hard to pick up , I am in the process of getting rid of the tree , just because it’s 4 feet from the edge of the pool it’s only about 15 feet tall so far , and I’ve already trimmed it up about 10 feet , just need to drop it now

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 975 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.645 seconds