dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 975 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Just ordered a couple of these Knipex pliers. It is an intriguing tool.

Knipex are excellent tools. Excellent choice Lon!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Mag Knife Intro from Fast Cap. Man they come up with some really good ideas.

I never really liked the segmented blade knives, until recently. I Got a couple of OLFA’s as demos from a trade show then found some clearance knives and blades real cheap. WE use them a fair bit now, especially on our wall pad projects where were are cutting 2+ inches of foam. they work great and a lot better than the buck knife we were originally using. We also do not have to worry as much about sharpening when we have extra blades with us.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

The part I don’t like about the snap off blades is finding them all over the lawn when some stupid inconsiderate slob contractor who doesn’t know what he’s doing leaves the site.

Yes, another gripe about the guy who worked on our house.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

The part I don’t like about the snap off blades is finding them all over the lawn when some stupid inconsiderate slob contractor who doesn’t know what he’s doing leaves the site.

Yeah , that’s definitely not cool , especially if there are kid’s or pet’s around 🤬 I can understand that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes I definitely wouldn’t be happy either finding them all over the lawn. Sounds like he was a real piece of work.

I guess I have been lucky. I have had 4 different contractors doing work at my new since we bought it. Everybody did good work and cleaned up when they were done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

GluBot Base Intro

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”GluBot Base Intro” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nr1RAu0HFg8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid1″></iframe>

</figure>

It not a bad idea. I have GluBot glue bottles. As of right now I don’t think I would get the base for them. Might not even be able to buy up here Canada.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GluBot Base Intro

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”GluBot Base Intro” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/nr1RAu0HFg8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid1″></iframe>

</figure>

That’s a great idea Bill , thanks for posting this , I noticed that they had a bottle that has acetone in it , I didn’t know there plastic bottle was chemical safe for acetone , I’m going to show this to my boss , I could definitely use this system in our glass blowing shop ,
    Would be much safer than what we have now 👍

How To Find The Best Jigsaw Blade | What’s Right For You?

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”How To Find The Best Jigsaw Blade | What’s Right For You?” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wHsS97NMwoQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid2″></iframe>

</figure>

I’ve been using both Milwaukee and Bosch blades.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”How To Find The Best Jigsaw Blade | What’s Right For You?” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/wHsS97NMwoQ?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid2″></iframe>

</figure>

I pretty much just go to the Bosch blades for the Jig Saw. Always had good luck with them, why change.

I had been putting off buyer some ladder stabilizers for some time, waiting for a sale, etc. but my wife is insisting the gutters be done and I don’t want to damage the eave trough, so I bought some …

Will

</figure>

I pretty much just go to the Bosch blades for the Jig Saw. Always had good luck with them, why change.

I have been using the Milwaukee years ago in the plant , they mainly bought Milwaukee brand , but personally I was buying Bosch , I actually do prefer the Bosch over Milwaukee , I find the Bosch are slightly thicker and stiffer , better , less blade deflection , definitely depends what I’m going to do.

I had been putting off buyer some ladder stabilizers for some time, waiting for a sale, etc. but my wife is insisting the gutters be done and I don’t want to damage the eave trough, so I bought some …

Definitely safer than without , I think I should invest in some also.
    What store are they from

Doobie

I never really liked the segmented blade knives, until recently. I Got a couple of OLFA’s as demos from a trade show then found some clearance knives and blades real cheap. WE use them a fair bit now, especially on our wall pad projects where were are cutting 2+ inches of foam. they work great and a lot better than the buck knife we were originally using. We also do not have to worry as much about sharpening when we have extra blades with us.

That’s interesting to me perspective wise being a non-pro. I’ve considered using buck knives, but never have. Think I’ll still stick with the snap-off type.

Yep! One of the issues with onsite third party workers. That’s just part of the ‘benefits’ of getting someone other than yourself to do something that gets foisted on us. Roofing contractors can be the worst.

Amazon has now put their name on drill bit sets.

https://toolguyd.com/amazon-basics-drill-bit-set/

I would prefer a quality name brand bit set like Bosch or Milwaukee. Pricing is not that different.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I would prefer a quality name brand bit set like Bosch or Milwaukee. Pricing is not that different.

I would too, I am not running out to buy the amazon set.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Amazon has now put their name on drill bit sets.

https://toolguyd.com/amazon-basics-drill-bit-set/

That’s a good point , I think my Bosch carbide and cobalt were around 30 bucks , mind you , they are smaller kits and bought easily 15 years ago 🤷‍♂️

Needed to shrink some bigger heat shrink tubing , about 1-1/4 inch round and about 18 inches long each piece , didn’t have my torch , and was taking way too much time with those BBQ lighters or whatever you call them
    So I picked this up at HD makes a difference , although used up two 4 amp batteries and about 1 bar on another , I didn’t check the time , but I’m sure I was over 1/2 continuous runtime

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Needed to shrink some bigger heat shrink tubingSo I picked this up at HD makes a difference

That tool has gotten good reviews and for the price you can’t beat it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Needed to shrink some bigger heat shrink tubingSo I picked this up at HD makes a difference

That tool has gotten good reviews and for the price you can’t beat it.

Yeah I saw that , I don’t have lots of Ryobi tools , but the ones I have work great so far , especially the 18 gauge Brad nailer 👍

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t have lots of Ryobi tools , but the ones I have work great so far ,

That’s what all the reviewers say. They go in expecting to rash the tool then end up saying it works great and is worth buying.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 975 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.972 seconds