dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 984 total)
  • Author

I picked up 2 lumber storage racks this week. This should help with my lumber storage problem.

They look like a great idea , I should think about something like that

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I picked up 2 lumber storage racks this week. This should help with my lumber storage problem.

They look like a great idea , I should think about something like that

I also think they are the cheapest solution to my problem. I was going make my own lumber storage racks.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

redwood
    Pro

I have the Bora Portermate version and they work great.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I am not sure I can get Bora Portermate up here. Where did you get yours?
    I did do some looking around.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

I am not sure I can get Bora Portermate up here. Where did you get yours?

I did do some looking around.

I’m in the US, so I can get it almost anywhere. It’s been 6 years since I got them and I don’t remember exactly where. It might have been Amazon.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Bora Portermate

Ok thanks!

I did a quick search and see there is a couple place up that sells them.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

You can afford lumber? Wow! Rich folks showing off again…lol.

Should come in handy.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Should come in handy.

LoL that’s funny Jim

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Should come in handy.

LoL that’s funny Jim

The ultimate show of wealth, shooting up a sheet of OSB with your AR. Two of the most expensive things compared to what they were a year and a half ago.

redwood
    Pro

Should come in handy.

LoL that’s funny Jim

The ultimate show of wealth, shooting up a sheet of OSB with your AR. Two of the most expensive things compared to what they were a year and a half ago.

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to build a large shipping crate. I headed down to Lowes, the closest lumber supplier (30 min) to me. I needed some 3/4″ plywood and was shocked at the pricing. I ended up getting cabinet grade Maple, as it was $10 a sheet cheaper then Douglas Fir CDX.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Should come in handy.

LoL that’s funny Jim

A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to build a large shipping crate. I headed down to Lowes, the closest lumber supplier (30 min) to me. I needed some 3/4″ plywood and was shocked at the pricing. I ended up getting cabinet grade Maple, as it was $10 a sheet cheaper then Douglas Fir CDX.

it is crazy the way lumber and sheet goods have run up in the last year or so. I am still amazed People are buying homes.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

LOL! No not really. The lumber rack is for some lumber I already have.

Should come in handy.

I think it come in very handy. I am happy with it so far.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Multi-Bit Driver Versatility

Handy tools, but I have found any of the multi bit drivers will not fit in a recessed hole (like on a tool body) with a screw at the bottom, so you need a set for things like that anyway. Something to consider depending on what kind of work you do.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Multi-Bit Driver Versatility

Handy tools, but I have found any of the multi bit drivers will not fit in a recessed hole (like on a tool body) with a screw at the bottom, so you need a set for things like that anyway. Something to consider depending on what kind of work you do.

True! I have both and I really like my multi bit screwdriver for jobs around the house and in the workshop. It was gave to me as a gift.

Greg

Hear ye! Ryobi Announces Over 25 New 18V ONE+ Tools!

https://homefixated.com/ryobi-25-new-18v-one-plus-tools/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_update_from_home_fixated&utm_term=2021-06-02

Again they are doing it , I like the wire wheel for cleaning out the patio stones that have weeds growing, that might be something I can use ,

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Same Power As Pneumatic? — Metabo HPT Cordless Metal Connector Nailer

I wish Bosch would return their battery powered nail guns or that Makita would come out with a battery powered metal connector nail gun amd a framer

I am looking to build a base cabinet to match my arcade cabinet, so I had to buy a slot cutter for the T-track (I had previously borrowed one), I ended up going with the shaft and slot combo from Freud.

Will

I didn’t “need” these right now but I had broken a few of my others and they were on sale …

Will

Doobie

Should come in handy.

LoL that’s funny Jim

That is nuts.

Same Power As Pneumatic? — Metabo HPT Cordless Metal Connector Nailer

I wish Bosch would return their battery powered nail guns or that Makita would come out with a battery powered metal connector nail gun amd a framer

So do I!

I have a Senco pneumatic posi-nailer and it mis-fires all the time despite sending it in. Told it’s a design deffect now. Sigh!

The Viking Arm – a One-Handed Lifting Tool

https://toolguyd.com/viking-arm-lifting-tool/

Much cheaper alternatives out there. It might be great at what it does, but unless you will use it regularly or are wealthy, there are much cheaper alternatives. such as the Fastcap 3rd hand

I agree. The one retailer here in Canada that announced they were carrying them now here in Canada has them at somewhere around $250 a pop. Saw it about a month ago. Just can’t justify that for me. A hundred or so each, even then, I’d be thinking about it still.

I think they’re from Norway of something like that. Reminds me of the Walko work benches from somewhere out there of which I bought one myself 10 or so years ago. It is a very nice ‘kit’ as they like to say over there, and I’ve used it lots, but semi-stupid money paying the price they commanded for them here in NA. Walko went belly-up last time I searched them out. I’ll admit, I am glad I have mine.

There was a very interesting upper cabinet levelling gizmo some guy designed maybe almost two decades that was just sweet with levelling cabinets, but it involved what was a very proprietor and hard to find since Pony style crank mechanism in its construction of his jig for it. I’ve had my eye out for it forever and have never found rhat style of crank configuration so I could build one myself. Can’t even find the video on YT of this any longer to show you guys on the web as it is buried now it seems. The guy was maybe on TOH or another Russell Morash type of show. It was sweet, and wish I had them myself.

I think I have seen knockoffs in the 20 dollar range advertised already. 200 bucks a piece does seem a little steep.

I actually want a pair, but damn, just can’t justify over $500 CAD $ for something of that nature. Nice gizmo, and I love my gizmos, but that’s steep man!

When doing the plumbing at the camp I needed something to hold the PEX tools and extra fittings, so my wife found these (Duramax Pro bag) at the dollar store ($4 Cad) with my Milwaukee drill /driver bag for comparison … I sent her back for 2 more 🙂

Nice bags. I’ve got a few similar and they do have their uses. Like Mark said, I woulda gone back and bought the inventory, haha!

Festool Patents for 2021 – Crazy New Tools Festool Is Working On!

https://youtu.be/fWrcj6GcUlE

This I find of interest. not for me, but very interesting.

Good post!

This tool is easier physically to use than a shovel, but harder on the brain and dexterity. It’s only mine for the weekend though.

Indeed. They are fun once the butterflies wear away!

Testing The Cordless Dremel Ultra Saw

Kind of a neat tool. I wonder though, as Dremel is owned by Bosch, why they didn’t cross over the X-lock blade attachment system from the grinders?

Bosch has never really tried to allign Dremel into their tool lineup. Dremel seems to be doing their own things. As Bosch introduced the Starlock OMT system, Dremel came behind them and introduced “Quick Lock” as an easy blade change system on their OMT tools. Bosch has their own 12v die grinder and cut off tools, and nothing like a Dremel. Meanwhile Dremel’s quality has gone way down. I have had two Dremel died on me within 3 years, when I don’t even use it often (less than once a month). I think Dremel is just reduced to a hobby tool for engravers and wood crafters and that’s it.

It is of a mystery there isn’t it. I’ve wondered the same.

Just ordered a couple of these Knipex pliers. It is an intriguing tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 984 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.765 seconds