dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 975 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Testing The Cordless Dremel Ultra Saw

Kind of a neat tool. I wonder though, as Dremel is owned by Bosch, why they didn’t cross over the X-lock blade attachment system from the grinders?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Testing The Cordless Dremel Ultra Saw

Kind of a neat tool. I wonder though, as Dremel is owned by Bosch, why they didn’t cross over the X-lock blade attachment system from the grinders?

Bosch has never really tried to allign Dremel into their tool lineup. Dremel seems to be doing their own things. As Bosch introduced the Starlock OMT system, Dremel came behind them and introduced “Quick Lock” as an easy blade change system on their OMT tools. Bosch has their own 12v die grinder and cut off tools, and nothing like a Dremel. Meanwhile Dremel’s quality has gone way down. I have had two Dremel died on me within 3 years, when I don’t even use it often (less than once a month). I think Dremel is just reduced to a hobby tool for engravers and wood crafters and that’s it.

redwood
    Pro

I’ve had a 12V cordless dremel for a couple of years now, and it works great. The biggest disappointment was that the batteries are not interchangeable with Bosch 12V batteries. They look exactly the same, but there must be some minor difference in the shell or pins.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Well, after waiting and waiting for them to come on sale I finally bought a Stihl gas powered string trimmer. It was the least expensive quality piece I could find and the edges of the lawn was getting ridiculous.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well, after waiting and waiting for them to come on sale I finally bought a Stihl gas powered string trimmer. It was the least expensive quality piece I could find and the edges of the lawn was getting ridiculous.

That is a nice purchase. Stihl makes good equipment. I had a small Stihl trimmer. It worked well for me for 10 years.
    I sold it a 2 years ago and went to battery powered trimmer.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”HowTo: Interchange Your Bosch & Dremel 12V Max Li-Ion Batteries ~8220 Multi-Max 8200 PS41″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/o4GMtv20-qE?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Nice , thanks for the video , definitely will be looking for the next video especially seeing how you can get more amps or powerful battery 👍👌

A couple of weeks ago I was removing an old floor using my Fein multi-tool and I needed a shorter blade to get in the toe kick, well I was shocking how much they wanted for blades, fortunately this kit was on sale for what 3 blades cost (it had 4 of the type of I was looking for …)

Will

A couple of weeks ago I was removing an old floor using my Fein multi-tool and I needed a shorter blade to get in the toe kick, well I was shocking how much they wanted for blades, fortunately this kit was on sale for what 3 blades cost (it had 4 of the type of I was looking for …)

Nice , looks like it has a decent selection , after seeing a video review recently here about omt blades , I realized that just because they are less expensive than higher end brands really didn’t make a difference , good buy 👍

Nice idea , he definitely looks like he’s organized

Here’s more from the same guy

Creative Tool Storage

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Creative Tool Storage” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/VMvOXkI6ukM?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid2″></iframe>

</figure>

😲😲😲 Wow that’s a shirt load of festool boxes and tools he’s got ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I bought a Metabo sliding compound miter saw.

Wow this saw is pretty heavy feels like over 40 pounds so I am not looking forward to moving it in and out up and down.

I wonder if the Bosch miter saw stand would work with this? Anyone know?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

over 40 pounds

Lighter than the 12″ Glide Miter. I hate when I have to move mine. That thing must go about 70 lbs.

Congrats on the purchase.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lighter than the 12″ Glide Miter. I hate when I have to move mine. That thing must go about 70 lbs.

You’re right I have the 12″ Glide as well in the corner waiting on my T4B gravity stand. The Glide is nice but needs the stand to be useful.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I bought a Metabo sliding compound miter saw.

Wow this saw is pretty heavy feels like over 40 pounds so I am not looking forward to moving it in and out up and down.

I wonder if the Bosch miter saw stand would work with this? Anyone know?

Congratulations , definitely not as heavy as the 12 inch axle glide ,I can’t say anything about the 10 inch model glide
    I believe it should fit on the Bosch stand’s , they have plenty of different options for different saws , those Bosch quick release brackets make it easy to remove and re install it , what stand are you thinking about getting , the gravity rise with the wheels , or the other one GTA3800 that Kurt just received

redwood
    Pro

I no longer have to move my Bosch Glide around, but it is still mounted on a Fastcap Best Fence, portable stand. If you need a shop setup on a job site, I don’t think you could do better. But it is big, but very portable. This pic is from when I had a Festool Kapex mounted to it.

Best-Fence-8

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Attachments:
    GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I no longer have to move my Bosch Glide around, but it is still mounted on a Fastcap Best Fence, portable stand. If you need a shop setup on a job site, I don’t think you could do better. But it is big, but very portable. This pic is from when I had a Festool Kapex mounted to it.

Best-Fence-8

That is a great set up for sure. I really like the idea of the bigger tires. I am sure makes alot easier to move around.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

nice setup @redwood.

that Bosch glide at 70# is really heavy. My new Metabo is 46# and it feels heavy to carry around. I don’t think I want to move it from site to site too much weight too much footprint for vehicle storage. I am going to stay with my 10″ beatup Delta saw (very old corded when Delta was still Delta) for site cutting of 2X4/2X6s.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

what stand are you thinking about getting , the gravity rise with the wheels , or the other one GTA3800 that Kurt just received

I am thinking of the gravity rise with wheels. This will be kept in my garage and rolled out when I need cuts made. I don’t think the GTA3800 is a good one for this saw because it’s not one I would want to lift up and downstairs or move in and out of vehicles on a daily basis. It’s not as heavy as the Bosch but 46# is still too heavy to lift at the end of the day when you are tired and sweaty LOL.

I have 4 miter saws now all corded. This is my first sliding one though.

what stand are you thinking about getting , the gravity rise with the wheels , or the other one GTA3800 that Kurt just received

I am thinking of the gravity rise with wheels. This will be kept in my garage and rolled out when I need cuts made. I don’t think the GTA3800 is a good one for this saw because it’s not one I would want to lift up and downstairs or move in and out of vehicles on a daily basis. It’s not as heavy as the Bosch but 46# is still too heavy to lift at the end of the day when you are tired and sweaty LOL.

I have 4 miter saws now all corded. This is my first sliding one though.

Yeah I know what you mean , that’s what I did , I have the Bosch 12 inch axle glide on the gravity rise stand , it’s great for exactly what you mentioned , I’ll eventually pick up the Bosch 8-1/2 cordless and the other gta3800 stand for easy mobility

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I picked up 2 lumber storage racks this week. This should help with my lumber storage problem.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 975 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.688 seconds