dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 973 total)
  • Author

Best Screwdriver Brand? Let’s find out! Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Ryobi, Bosch, Pink Power, Metabo

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Best Screwdriver Brand? Let’s find out! Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Ryobi, Bosch, Pink Power, Metabo” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/ealubZGT8ec?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

We used to have those milwaukee first generation screw driver , my personal opinion , they were the best at the time , very practical and useful
    The best part is that you could just swap out the battery if it died ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I finally replaced the B1880 charger (the one I had to drill my own holes) with the newer version that has holes for wall mounting. This charger is also quieter.

but best of all, this charger allows me to visually see the blinking green light without having to squat down to the waist level.

redwood
    Pro

I had to upgrade mine recently because I purchased a 8AH battery and it just didn’t want to charge on my older charger, though I was told that it would.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I had to upgrade mine recently because I purchased a 8AH battery and it just didn’t want to charge on my older charger, though I was told that it would.

I did charge my 8ah battery on the BC1880 old charger, it works. It’s odd yours didn’t work, are you sure you pushed the battery all the way in to engage? Sometimes I slid the battery down and it didn’t start charging and I had to push it down another 1/4″ to fully engage the contacts.

I finally replaced the B1880 charger (the one I had to drill my own holes) with the newer version that has holes for wall mounting. This charger is also quieter.

but best of all, this charger allows me to visually see the blinking green light without having to squat down to the waist level.

I think they have two models for that charger , you have the basic one , I don’t think it has a fan , I believe that other one has the turbo mode , but also has a fan , and it’s Bluetooth ready ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I think they have two models for that charger , you have the basic one , I don’t think it has a fan , I believe that other one has the turbo mode , but also has a fan , and it’s Bluetooth ready ,

does that mean it’s charger slower than the BC1880 which has a fan?

does that mean it’s charger slower than the BC1880 which has a fan?

That I’m not sure of , could be , but what this charger has I believe is two speed charge , you can check it out on boschtools site , I I think they have something else like two stage charging , first one is fast to get the battery to a certain percentage , then it does a slower charge to top it off , but don’t quote me on this 😊

redwood
    Pro

That may be, but I forced it down until the charge light flashed, but it never charged beyond the first bar. No error message on the charger. I tried multiple times until I just got a new charger.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That may be, but I forced it down until the charge light flashed, but it never charged beyond the first bar. No error message on the charger. I tried multiple times until I just got a new charger.

That is indeed puzzling. I used the 6.3ah and 8ah battery on the old BC1880 charger with no issue for a month until I changed it out to the new one. I wonder if you had a bad charger that somehow didn’t work well with the 8ah? I have a second BC1880 charger which I never used and I will try the 8ah battery on it to see if it works. I’ll let you know.

That is indeed puzzling. I used the 6.3ah and 8ah battery on the old BC1880 charger with no issue for a month until I changed it out to the new one. I wonder if you had a bad charger that somehow didn’t work well with the 8ah? I have a second BC1880 charger which I never used and I will try the 8ah battery on it to see if it works. I’ll let you know.

I’ve had good use of the BC1880 charger’s ,
    That could be a possibility of what you mentioned about the charger being defective
    Lots of reviews on the Bosch site mentioned problems with that charger

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@redwood I tried both my BC1880 chargers on the 8ah battery and they both worked fine and charged from almost zero to 5 bars.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

By the way, the Bosch starter kit with 18V the 4ah battery plus a charger is a free gift at Lowes when purchasing 18V Bosch bare tool, and I think if you buy a 12V Bosch tool they give the 2ah battery charger.

I am guessing this is because the PROFACRTOR tools are coming they want to clear out some inventory?

I can get the 18V OMT for $149 with a free 4ah battery and a charger.

redwood
    Pro

By the way, the Bosch starter kit with 18V the 4ah battery plus a charger is a free gift at Lowes when purchasing 18V Bosch bare tool, and I think if you buy a 12V Bosch tool they give the 2ah battery charger.

I am guessing this is because the PROFACRTOR tools are coming they want to clear out some inventory?

I see that online, but only 7 bare tools get the free stuff.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Sounds like a pretty good deal ,

I bought some cam clamps for use with the T-track on my little CNC, the piece that engages with the T-track seems to be a little thick so I will have to sand / grind it down … oh well, maybe only 1/64″ or 0.5mm.

Will

I am also planning to do some reno’s at my wife’s family camp on a river 5 hours away, so as I gather tools up for the trip/reno I can’t find my medium pry bar have to assume someone has borrowed it – so I went and bought a new one.

Will

I am also planning to do some reno’s at my wife’s family camp on a river 5 hours away, so as I gather tools up for the trip/reno I can’t find my medium pry bar have to assume someone has borrowed it – so I went and bought a new one.

Wow that’s a beauty , where did you buy it from

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Viking Arm – a One-Handed Lifting Tool

https://toolguyd.com/viking-arm-lifting-tool/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have seen these advertised lately, they look to be quite handy for some projects.

Yeah those look very practical , I’ve seen them all over Instagram , I’d definitely like to get one eventually , just to steep for me right now

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 973 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.262 seconds