dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 815 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have found where a mult ladder shines is in a stair well or if you have to get up close to a wall. The ability to have unequal length on the legs is great.

That is a good idea, I can see where the unequal legs would really come in handy there.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have found where a mult ladder shines is in a stair well or if you have to get up close to a wall. The ability to have unequal length on the legs is great.

That is a good idea, I can see where the unequal legs would really come in handy there.

I have a few multi ladders in three different sizes. they dont get used a lot but when they do they are handy.

They are typically heavier than a standard ladder. I like to be able to throw the bigger one in my truck when i need it as it does not hang out the back.

They are a little unwieldy, but sometimes more convenient.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just never used one , and didn’t think about that

Same here.

I definitely find it practical to have that small platform with the holes

Yes it is nice to have the small platform for holding smaller items. I think I may look at trying a bucket idea. Or I just might build a small platform with sides on it.

A bucket may help a little. Depending on the type of accessories or nails/screws/bits/tools you have with you.

What might also help is a tool belt with pouches to keep your stuff handy within reach. What is most painful is taking down something that’s odd shape that you can’t rest it on something while you take it down, like a light fixture or a ceiling fan that you are holding up with both hands but still need a third hand to undo the wiring connections.

These are the LITTLE GIANT platforms one is $59.99 one is $65, which is crazy because the multi ladder to use them on is only $79, $99, $129, $149 depending on lengths when on sale.

^^^ FOR SOME REASON IMAGES ARE NOT SHOWING WILL PUT IN THE NEXT POST ***

When working on stairs, the newer multi-ladders are not as useful as the old style ones. The old ones are hinged and shaped like a letter M, so you can adjust the angle to span the stairs to account for the different heights. The issue with that is these hinges were deemed not safe enough and can break, so the newer design is basically two step ladder one inside the other that you need to take apart and set them up on each end. Then you have to buy a work platform to span between the two and half the time the heights of the two step ladders are off just enough to make it a tilted platform not to mention it’s tricky (at times impossible) to sit two step ladders that are 18″ to 24″ at the bottom of the A on stairs that are 9″ deep LOL.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

This is one of the reasons I wanted a multi task ladder for.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I order from PA came yesterday. I can’t believe this was shipped from BC. I ordered some heavy duty ratchet straps for when bring my woodworking tools home.I also order a few other things.

Greg

I order from PA came yesterday. I can’t believe this was shipped from BC. I ordered some heavy duty ratchet straps for when bring my woodworking tools home.I also order a few other things.

Nice , congrats

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Nice , congrats

Thanks! Always nice when you can buy everything when it is on sale.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ryobi’s One+ HP Jigsaw Showcases Speed and Power

https://www.protoolreviews.com/ryobi-hp-brushless-jigsaw-review-pbljs01/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ryobi_one_hp_jigsaw_checks_all_the_right_boxes_plus_more_news_and_reviews&utm_term=2021-04-11

You know , since I’m not doing big renovations every day , I definitely would consider Ryobi for home and occasionally used for bigger jobs every now and then

They really stepped up there game

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

FLEX 24V Brushless Tools Reviewed | Hands-on Testing with Pro Tool Reviews

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You know , since I’m not doing big renovations every day , I definitely would consider Ryobi for home and occasionally used for bigger jobs every now and then

They really have stepped up their game and their tools are getting good reviews. For somebody starting out or a HO they are a good choice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

FLEX 24V Brushless Tools Reviewed | Hands-on Testing with Pro Tool Reviews

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”FLEX 24V Brushless Tools Reviewed | Hands-on Testing with Pro Tool Reviews” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/VK9PYK9SQs8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Wow , I have been seeing those on IG also , very interesting , looks very similar in Bosch technology of the batteries ,
    What is very impressive is they really put good features in most of the lineup , I mean rafter hooks and that adjustable shoe for the recip saw , I would definitely like to give them a try , I didn’t catch who is the company behind them , that circular saw is pretty nice , really every tool looks great , definitely be interested to see long term use with them.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My Bosch jigsaw blades arrived the other day.

Greg

Congratulations , I’ve been using Bosch jigsaw blades for awhile now , best I’ve found so far ,
    I bought a fair amount , so I’m good for sometime

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s a nice set, really like the plastic storage box. Nice touch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congratulations , I’ve been using Bosch jigsaw blades for awhile now , best I’ve found so far ,

I bought a fair amount , so I’m good for sometime

Thanks. Same here I have been using Bosch jigsaw blades for awhile. My last set of blades were for my old jigsaw. This why I had buy a new set. I think this set should last me for awhile. I think it has 14 blades.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That’s a nice set, really like the plastic storage box. Nice touch.

Thanks! I like the storage case also.

Greg

Doobie

On sale in the new flyer. I phoned and they had it in stock. Got it home and put it together, which was pretty easy even by myself. At the height I put it together my head almost touches the ceiling, so, perfect.

I’ve got two of those ‘Baker’ scaffolds. Indispensable for tasks I’ve done!

Yes, you can stack them to get to higher elevations. There’s even a cage accessory for them and other doo-dads for them. Lemme know if you want more details.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I really like the box the set came with and you can’t beat Bosch blades so i ordered a set off eBay.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 815 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.699 seconds