dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 910 total)
  • Author

I couldn’t agree more on that judgment. I hate mine so much it rarely gets used – like once every 2 years.

Never knew that was the drawback on multiuse ladders, I was thinking of getting one but now not so much.

After reading some of the comments , maybe I’ll rethink about it , I really don’t want something to heavy , especially with my busted up shoulder ,

The one I have weighs just over 30 lbs. There is different lengths so this would add to the weigh.

A young woman carried my ladder from the store and put in the back of my truck. This why I was surprised by the weight as she carried it from the store with no issues.

It is a good idea to do some research before you buy one.

Oh 30 lbs is not that heavy , i know a few women on the shop floor that definitely could out work plenty of men in the shop ,
    Maybe better for me to actually get to the store and try lifting it myself

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh 30 lbs is not that heavy

That’s why I mention do your research as I am pretty sure we all don’t the same ladder. Similar type ladder yes.
    If using 30 lb ladder all day might be a problem. Using it few times as a year like I would. This is not a problem.

i know a few women on the shop floor that definitely could out work plenty of men in the shop ,

Yeah I have seen this before too.

Maybe better for me to actually get to the store and try lifting it myself

I am sure this would be the best thing too do.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

redwood
    Pro

Multi ladders do have their place. If you can only have one type of ladder, it’s probably OK because of it’s versatility. If you have limited space to store your ladder, it’s nice because it folds up to a compact size.

That said, a single purpose ladder is easier to carry, to set up and use for it’s intended purpose. Single purpose ladders are also available in many more sizes then your multi ladder may be designed for.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have three multi ladders, but those are the least used ones as I too prefer the A frame or extension when I have them close by. If I have to drive to another property to grab one then I will settle with the multi-ladder to save a trip. I am at a point I almost have an A frame and an extension ladder at each property.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Nice it’s a bender for soft copper 🤭🤭🤭🤫lol
    That’s pretty cool , did you buy it to use , or just to keep because it’s antique

I bought it to use. I have over 240′ of 1/2″ soft copper in inventory that I intend to use up some day hopefully. I am doing more with PEX these days but I like to work with copper more even though it takes more time, effort and money.

Here is a short piece I tested the bender with.

Nice it’s a bender for soft copper 🤭🤭🤭🤫lol

That’s pretty cool , did you buy it to use , or just to keep because it’s antique

I bought it to use. I have over 240′ of 1/2″ soft copper in inventory that I intend to use up some day hopefully. I am doing more with PEX these days but I like to work with copper more even though it takes more time, effort and money.

Here is a short piece I tested the bender with.

Nice , I was joking obviously because I saw jim’s response , although I’ve used something very similar in the shop ,
    That soft copper is pretty cool to work with , do you put sand or something inside the pipe before you bend it ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That soft copper is pretty cool to work with , do you put sand or something inside the pipe before you bend it ,

No sand filling needed. But if I bend it by hand or use bending springs, sand will help with preventing kinks.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

These have really been improved

Kreg Pocket Hole Jigs

https://www.wwgoa.com/video/kreg-pocket-hole-jigs-020231/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=a6134&vsoid=A6134#

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Multi ladders do have their place. If you can only have one type of ladder, it’s probably OK because of it’s versatility. If you have limited space to store your ladder, it’s nice because it folds up to a compact size.

This is the main reason I got this ladder. I don’t use a ladder alot. One of the main features I like about this ladder as it gives me taller a step ladder.

I have older single purpose ladder I don’t use that much. Maybe twice a year. I found it pretty awkward to use while putting up and taking down the Christmas light this year. I feel I will get alot more use out of this muilti task ladder.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I use a multiladder as a foldable extension ladder. That’s it. I never used it as an A-frame step ladder, tried once or twice then gave up.

When I need an A-frame, whether that is to hang a ceiling fan, or change out a light, or paint fascia, or attach brackets on walls, whatever…almost every task require some work platform to sit parts on. May be screw drivers, socket wrench, a paint brush, a hammer or pry bar whatever…the multiladder do not have a work platform which makes it useless when you need one. Sure you can buy an extra work platform accessory and the price is crazy like $39.95 when I can buy a brand new 6′ A-frame for $50.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

When I need an A-frame, whether that is to hang a ceiling fan, or change out a light, or paint fascia, or attach brackets on walls, whatever…almost every task require some work platform to sit parts on. May be screw drivers, socket wrench, a paint brush, a hammer or pry bar whatever…the multiladder do not have a work platform which makes it useless when you need one. Sure you can buy an extra work platform accessory and the price is crazy like $39.95 when I can buy a brand new 6′ A-frame for $50.

You make a good point here. I never really thought about this. I am sure will miss not having a platform for A frame ladder. Sometimes I find things fall off the platform. But it is nice to have a place to set stuff.
    I am sure that the extra work platform accessory up here would be double what you are saying.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is a real time saver

Install a faucet in seconds!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I use a multiladder as a foldable extension ladder. That’s it. I never used it as an A-frame step ladder, tried once or twice then gave up.

Good point , I never thought of that , guess I’ll just stick to my 7 foot aluminum step 🪜 for now ,

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Install a faucet in seconds!” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/oRfGRjLWAXc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Pretty cool system , I definitely can see plumbers liking it ,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

so the entire faucet is a giant toggle bolt.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

guess I’ll just stick to my 7 foot aluminum step for now ,

You found that not having a work platform is a deal breaker for you on the Multi task ladder.
    You could probably hang a small bucket on a hook. That work for a place to hang you tools or what every you are working on.

Greg

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe loading=”lazy” title=”Install a faucet in seconds!” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/oRfGRjLWAXc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Yes it does look like a real time saver. Might have look at something like that when I change out our kitchen faucet.

Greg

guess I’ll just stick to my 7 foot aluminum step for now ,

You found that not having a work platform is a deal breaker for you on the Multi task ladder.

You could probably hang a small bucket on a hook. That work for a place to hang you tools or what every you are working on.

Not that it would be a deal breaker , I just never used one , and didn’t think about that , I definitely find it practical to have that small platform with the holes , and also the tilting one ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I just never used one , and didn’t think about that

Same here.

I definitely find it practical to have that small platform with the holes

Yes it is nice to have the small platform for holding smaller items. I think I may look at trying a bucket idea. Or I just might build a small platform with sides on it.

Greg

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

I have found where a mult ladder shines is in a stair well or if you have to get up close to a wall. The ability to have unequal length on the legs is great.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 910 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.314 seconds