dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 753 total)
  • Author
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I heated my shop a few years with a heater like that Mark. Most the time it worked good but on occasion it made me sick from fumes. I think it depended on what kerosene I got. It will sure warm it in a hurry though. After that I got a vent less gas wall heater that worked better.

redwood
    Pro

I heated my shop a few years with a heater like that Mark. Most the time it worked good but on occasion it made me sick from fumes. I think it depended on what kerosene I got. It will sure warm it in a hurry though. After that I got a vent less gas wall heater that worked better.

My home/shop is all electric, no propane or nat. gas available. I’ve tried a bunch of electric heaters and my shop is just too big for them to be effective. I don’t anticipate running this heater for long periods of time and it is actually set up outside, blasting the heat through the opening. I can’t even comprehend running it inside my shop with it closed up.

The 3 days that I tried it out this week, the outside temps were in the high 30F and low 40F. I ran it for about a 1/2 hour each day and according to the thermostat I have, far away from the heater, the temps reached 76F. Plenty long enough for me to spray some paint on my signs. If it lasts, it was another auction bargain at $60

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

My workshop heater arrived today. I hope to try it out later today.

Nice , congratulations , will you mount it wall or ceiling , or just leave it on the floor and move it around as needed.

Should give off some nice heat

Thanks! Not sure where I will mount it yet! I won’t it gives a good amount of heat.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Here is my shop heater. Another auction pick up for $60. I just started using it. I was a little worried it might catch my shop on fire. I set it up outside my garage/shop and close the door about 1/2 way. My shop is a 3 car garage and it heats it from 50 deg to 70 deg. in about 20 min.

DeWalt-Heater

DeWalt-heater2

That looks like quite the heater! Sounds like it heats your shop pretty even with door 1/2 open.
    Is your shop insulated?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here is my shop heater. Another auction pick up for $60.

Those torpedo heaters are nice and fast, a bit noisy though. But they work great and you got one for a great price.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That’s a giant heat gun LOL. I bet it can shrink nicely a giant heat shrink tubing around my belly!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Most COMFORTABLE Work Boots – What Makes For Comfortable Workwear?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Most COMFORTABLE Work Boots – What Makes For Comfortable Workwear?

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”The Most COMFORTABLE Work Boots – What Makes For Comfortable Workwear?” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/LwdTm_FM72w?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Great points , I definitely can relate , working in the manufacturing industry and in construction , being on my feet easily 10 hours a day , definitely important to have good work boots ,
    I have recently been buying the blundstones for the past few years , huge difference in comfort and sore feet by the end of the day , and being all leather , definitely helps your feet breath and sweat less , I’ve seen lots of people like those keen wedge model he’s taking about , I actually have a co-worker who has them and he said they are great , plus they are all leather , definitely will be trying those out next time , I used to just use the lower level company paid shoes /boot , but I found with the synthetic material , after using them for a few months , I could knock a buzzard off a 💩💩 wagon lol , my feet sweat in the synthetic material , but in leather , it’s completely different ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Harbor Freight Hercules Cordless Oscillating Multi-Tool w/ Brushless Motor

https://toolguyd.com/harbor-freight-hercules-cordless-oscillating-multi-tool-022021/

Beside this HF has a cordless air compressor coming out in March that looks really promising.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

I don’t think that Harbor Freight has a great reputation amongst tool enthusiasts.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Amazon delivered my long awaiting alligator head today.

Looking forward to trying it out.

redwood
    Pro

What does it do, eat rodents?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What does it do, eat rodents?

LOL no but that’s the idea.

There’s been a raccoon that is consistently pooping right next to my pool. They like to get to the pool’s steps to clean themselves and poop next to it.

I have tried using different kinds of chemical deterrent around that area to repel it, tried pepper flakes, ammonia, coyote urine granules (yes seriously), and nothing worked.

Someone suggested an alligator decoy in the pool and since they are nocturnal they may see the alligator head and stay away. I don’t know…running out of things to try,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Here’s a nice video, buy a $4 Harbor Freight Hammer and mdify it. Sounds like nice project.

Make the most out of your Harbor Freight rip hammer

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hahaha when I first saw this , I thought it was from Bosch , instead of plywood they sent you a alligator Head lol
    That’s pretty cool , I’ve seen those remote control ones , I was just reading your other post response to Mark , that’s incredible I had no idea about that ,
    Now I can say see you later alligator !! After a while crocodile 😐🙄🙄🤷‍♂️🤫

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My home/shop is all electric, no propane or nat. gas available. I’ve tried a bunch of electric heaters and my shop is just too big for them to be effective. I don’t anticipate running this heater for long periods of time and it is actually set up outside, blasting the heat through the opening. I can’t even comprehend running it inside my shop with it closed up.

The 3 days that I tried it out this week, the outside temps were in the high 30F and low 40F. I ran it for about a 1/2 hour each day and according to the thermostat I have, far away from the heater, the temps reached 76F. Plenty long enough for me to spray some paint on my signs. If it lasts, it was another auction bargain at $60

That is a great price, we use Similar heaters for temp heat on projects fairly regularily.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I lost my old GLM a while back so I picked up a new model . It has a lot of neat features, probably more than I will ever figure out. It is the GLM400C with the video screen. I went with the one that takes the AA batteries instead of the built in battery that was about $60 more.

I lost my old GLM a while back so I picked up a new model . It has a lot of neat features, probably more than I will ever figure out. It is the GLM400C with the video screen. I went with the one that takes the AA batteries instead of the built in battery that was about $60 more.

Nice , congratulations , Bosch make some great distance lasers.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Estwing AL-Pro Hammer | Steel Aluminum Hammer Review

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Estwing AL-Pro Hammer | Steel Aluminum Hammer Review

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Estwing AL-Pro Hammer | Steel Aluminum Hammer Review” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/XlfK5hGU48o?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid2″></iframe>

</figure>

I didn’t know that they made a lighter weight hammer , looks good ,

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 753 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.778 seconds