dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 972 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Got a new indexing hammer from Crescent.

Interesting design. Never seen that style before. What does the slopped design of the claw part achieve?

There are 4 positions the claw can rotate to, so you can use it to remove nails in different situations. Comes in handy sometimes.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Bought a Mikwaukee Gen II blower and an inflatable shim.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Those inflatable shims come in real handy. I use mine all the time. Really help out in the shop.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That blower is awesome. I can’t believe how much power it has. I would suspect you are going to like it a lot.

Doobie

Got a new indexing hammer from Crescent.

Interesting design. Never seen that style before. What does the slopped design of the claw part achieve?

Better leverage.

I actually went and looked it up. It’s the claw head that can be indexed to four different positions. That’s what that button is for. To change the indexed pry head.

https://www.crescenttool.com/striking-struck/crescent-cindex18-18-oz-steel-indexing-claw-hammer-with-cushion-grip-handle.html

I have a Crescent demolition pry bar/claw that is similar I bought on clearance a few years ago. Handy for odball/tight locations.

https://www.crescenttool.com/demolition-tools/crescent-db18x-18-indexing-flat-renovation-bar.html

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have a Crescent demolition pry bar/claw that is similar I bought on clearance a few years ago. Handy for odball/tight locations.

Well, most pry bar comes in two positions, one on each end. For pry bars I like a solid continuous piece which can be useful when I have to pound it with a hammer on the other end. The claw hammer I got I will see if it really works better.

@Miamicuse congratulations on your recent purchases , that hammer looks interesting , and the airbag shim looks good , what’s it like compared to the winbags I bought two from HD and really have been coming in handy.

Went to Tony tools , dropped off my IDH182 for a trigger repair or replacement , it’s always been kinda funny since I won it on IG

I forgot to ask how much is the newer version
    I’ll call back later or tomorrow ,
    But I picked up a few bits for the rotary hammer

I’ll say like @doobie said , I’m about halfway of the cost of the rotary just in bits lol
    Darn Bosch 🙄🤭

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

@Miamicuse congratulations on your recent purchases , that hammer looks interesting , and the airbag shim looks good , what’s it like compared to the winbags I bought two from HD and really have been coming in handy.

I haven’t had a chance to use it yet. I might try to level a wood gate this weekend and see if this thing is up to the task LOL.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Went to Tony tools , dropped off my IDH182 for a trigger repair or replacement , it’s always been kinda funny since I won it on IG

I’ll say like @doobie said , I’m about halfway of the cost of the rotary just in bits lol

Darn Bosch 🙄🤭

Brian looks like you need an LBOX4 just for that shovel bit!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Picked up a new airless sprayer today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Congrats on your new airless sprayer.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

@RonW
    , I would love to hear your thoughts on your purchase versus an HVLP sprayer. Is it for paint only versus finish? Still trying to learn more on the subject.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Darn Bosch 🙄🤭

What’s that spade for?
    Clay digging?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Never tried one of those. Seen a few though. Painting isn’t one of my favourite jobs doing roller and brush work. I’ve used a spray systems in my time, but the kind with a compressor. Makes life easier. Congrats on the purchase.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

RonW, I would love to hear your thoughts on your purchase versus an HVLP sprayer. Is it for paint only versus finish? Still trying to learn more on the subject.

@pi_woodworker

This is a totally different sprayer from the HVLP. I got this mainly to spray houses with. Now it will spray lacquer. And with the right tip it will do it well. But it’s not something you want to clean for a small project.

Ron

Congratulations Ron , that looks very similar to the Graco I was looking at , I don’t think I’ve seen that brand before. Actually looks alot like the graco even the colour.
    Can I ask what was the price range approximately , and where did you pick it up.

Actually I just zoomed in it is a Graco no ?

Doobie

Darn Bosch

Told ya it’s a bit of a slippery slope.

But you should find that with accessories, the tool can do a lot of different things for you. I’ve used mine tons in the last five years.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Congratulations Ron , that looks very similar to the Graco I was looking at , I don’t think I’ve seen that brand before. Actually looks alot like the graco even the colour.

Can I ask what was the price range approximately , and where did you pick it up.

Yes it the Graco Nova 390. I paid just under $1000 with tax. And they upgraded the gun to the Contractor PC at no charge. And gave me several tips.

Ron

Yes it the Graco Nova 390. I paid just under $1000 with tax. And they upgraded the gun to the Contractor PC at no charge. And gave me several tips.

Wow that’s a heck of a nice sprayer , I’m sure you will be happy with it , nice to see that you got some upgrades and freebies 👌
    What’s going to be the first project , that extension you have been working on ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 972 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.383 seconds