dcsimg

V-30.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 753 total)
  • Author
    Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I guess seeing how you guys are using hand plane and other woodworking tools

I don’t put the plane blades and the chisels that I use in shop on a belt/stone grinder.

Sharpening by hand. I use some DMT diamond benchstones and ceramic stones.

Okay , so the primary reason for the sharpening machine is 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ if you are not going to be sharpening plane or chisel blades , just kitchen knives ?

A sharpening machine like Tormek and the likes is good for any iron because it turns very slow compared to a regular grinder. Tormek’s speed is 90 rpm compared to a regular grinder that has 1700 or 3450 rpm.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

A sharpening machine like Tormek and the likes is good for any iron because it turns very slow compared to a regular grinder. Tormek’s speed is 90 rpm compared to a regular grinder that has 1700 or 3450 rpm.

Never knew the difference, Thank you

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just ordered the filters for the small cordless Bosch vacuum , that plus the dust bag for the table saw ,
    Can’t wait to get my little vaccum working again

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Just ordered the filters for the small cordless Bosch vacuum

I had thought you had already order these filters? Did you get these from Amazon?

You use your Dust extractor on your table saw?

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

I had thought you had already order these filters? Did you get these from Amazon?

Well I ordered them from Mississauga , but they had to order them from Bosch , and I usually do use the dust extractor for the table saw , but I figured for 13 bucks for the dust collector bag ,
    I would give it a try.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well I ordered them from Mississauga , but they had to order them from Bosch , and I usually do use the dust extractor for the table saw , but I figured for 13 bucks for the dust collector bag ,

I would give it a try.

I see! For 13 bucks it is definitely worth a try.

Greg

I would give it a try.

I see! For 13 bucks it is definitely worth a try.

Yeah that’s what I figured , usually I am running both miter and table saw , so it will save me time from switching out the hose from one to another
    🤷‍♂️

redwood
    Pro

Some of you might be aware that I’ve gotten some great deals at a particular local auction. Well here is my latest.

I picked up a brand new Toro Power Max HD 828 snow blower for $ 250 US. This unit sells for $ 1200 US. Got it home, put some gas in it and it’s all good.

IMG_1426

IMG_1427

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up a brand new Toro Power Max HD 828 snow blower for $ 250 US

Man what a steal, enjoy Mark, what a good deal.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Some of you might be aware that I’ve gotten some great deals at a particular local auction. Well here is my latest.

I picked up a brand new Toro Power Max HD 828 snow blower for $ 250 US. This unit sells for $ 1200 US. Got it home, put some gas in it and it’s all good.

IMG_1426

IMG_1427

😲😲😲 What a steal that is , congratulations Mark , I’m sure you will get plenty of years out of this blower.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

some great deals at a particular local auction.

That’s an understatement if I ever heard one. That’s a bit more than a great deal. Congratulations!

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

splendid! did you get to test and inspect it prior to the auction or is this an as is take your risk type auction?

redwood
    Pro

splendid! did you get to test and inspect it prior to the auction or is this an as is take your risk type auction?

A little bit of both. There is usually a inspection day the day before the auction. The site is 2 hours from me and I’ve only checked things out once, the first auction I participated in. Most things all you can do is visually inspect them.

It is a as-is sale, but I’ve won 2 things that didn’t work at all, or were missing a key item and they have taken them back, without issue. other then that, I’ve come to expect, a dent or missing a accessory, things like that. A couple of items so far, have been covered by warranty. Some are not.

Almost all of this stuff comes from a Home Depot or Lowes. Returns, overstock or discontinued items. They have a auction once a month. It’s live on-line, as well as onsite, pre pandemic.

If you want to check it out, here is the web site. https://www.tmcauction.com/
    These guys are like a subcontractor to a big fish. They have 2 auction sites in Calif., but they have told me that they get their items from some big fish in Georgia, I think. There are other auctions like this throughout the country, run by others. Every auction is a little bit different, they have no idea what they are getting until the trucks show up.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Great deal for sure !

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

IMG_1426

IMG_1427

Wow that is great deal!

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

my 18″ long SDS bosch bit arrived from Amazon last night.

I have now close to 30 SDS+ bits. Some too long to even fit inside the SDS drill case. I need a way to organize these bits instead of having them in a bucket. The new bits come with a plastic thing that holds on to the bit and can be used to hang it on the wall. I wonder if one can buy these plastic hangers (not sure what they are called) in the second picture so I can hang them?

my 18″ long SDS bosch bit arrived from Amazon last night.

I have now close to 30 SDS+ bits. Some too long to even fit inside the SDS drill case. I need a way to organize these bits instead of having them in a bucket. The new bits come with a plastic thing that holds on to the bit and can be used to hang it on the wall. I wonder if one can buy these plastic hangers (not sure what they are called) in the second picture so I can hang them?

Congratulations , if I would have known you wanted them , I would kept mine and sent them to you 🤷‍♂️

redwood
    Pro

That’s a lot of SDS+ bits. You know that you can throw dull ones out, if you have replacements. Of course I say that and I probably have close to that and I’m retired.

I can’t say that I’ve seen the hangers for sale, but I’m sure they are out there somewhere. Maybe try and contact Bosch for info.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very interesting video on OMT and the different blade change systems out there. I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Which Blade System Is BEST? – Changing an Oscillating Multi Tool Blade

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Very interesting video on OMT and the different blade change systems out there. I had no idea there were so many different ones.

Which Blade System Is BEST? – Changing an Oscillating Multi Tool Blade

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Which Blade System Is BEST? – Changing an Oscillating Multi Tool Blade” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/WBFhxiG5vSc?start=1&feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

Not because I’m using Bosch already , but it looks like the easier choice I would buy

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 753 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.596 seconds