dcsimg

V. 3.0 Inside of L-Boxx – Storage Setup

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 855 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 856 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Wow, this is an amazing custom insert. Really, really well done.

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/custom-foam-insert-for-14'-socket-set-and-bits-in-a-mini-systainer/

can this be achieved with the bosch pluck and pull in their lboxx 2’s?

Don’t think it will work with the bosch foam as there won’t be any tension to hold the bits.

the pic kinda explains it.

So am I right to assume that the ones holding the socket set together is lasered?

http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-and-tanos-systainers/custom-foam-insert-for-14'-socket-set-and-bits-in-a-mini-systainer/

Don’t think it will work with the bosch foam as there won’t be any tension to hold the bits.

So am I right to assume that the ones holding the socket set together is lasered?

They guy in the FOG post mentioned he lazer cut the foam. I wish I had one of those to cut foam.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

They guy in the FOG post mentioned he lazer cut the foam. I wish I had one of those to cut foam.

I wonder what kind of laser he used, my buddy has a laser engraver, I wonder if that is powerful enough to do the same. I may need to see as I would love that socket set in a lboxx 1 or 2

I wonder what kind of laser he used, my buddy has a laser engraver, I wonder if that is powerful enough to do the same. I may need to see as I would love that socket set in a lboxx 1 or 2

Don’t know what he used but this one looks pretty cool.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wonder how he did the holes for the bits?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Wonder how he did the holes for the bits?

Yeah I am not sure what kind of laser cutter he used, but he definitely used a denser foam than the Bosch and even Kaizen offerings to be able to get the results he got.

If anyone here figures out a way to do it, I might be interested – especially for the layout of all those bits. Reminds me of the Wera Zyklops case interiors (another thread – http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/wera-zyklop/ )
    http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70368&cat=1,70373,70374&ap=1

John S

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

John S. I really like the way Wera etched the tools into the lid. That is a really nice touch. Almost makes me want to buy the set just for that feature. John do you know who carries this set?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

John do you know who carries this set?

@theamcguy
    – LeeValley does, but amazon and ChadsToolbox do as well, but I haven’t shopped around on prices for a while.

I really like the way Wera etched the tools into the lid

This reminds me of how nice it would be if the l-boxx inserts for the bosch tools had pictures showing what went where…

John S

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

hmm that foam does indeed look much stiffer than the pluck and pulls. I may have to go foam shopping as the guy who embroidered my jacket also runs a laser engraver, so I may visit him sometime next week to see what he can do. Not sure if his laser can handle any sort of depth.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This reminds me of how nice it would be if the l-boxx inserts for the bosch tools had pictures showing what went where…

I agree, that would be a nice touch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I’m not really concerned with fancy foam but, for you guys that are, why not build a hot wire cutter with a squared loop for cleaning out the trays? It would take a bit of making but I remember working out a bow style cutter in a few hours at one point. The length is so short that I think you could use a fairly heavy gauge wire to keep it’s shape.

Similar to the commercial version shown in this video at :45 seconds. That would be really cool with an adjustable depth stop.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Ethan Thank you for posting the video. The heck with building my own, I want the one in the video. Man that tool is slick.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

redwood
    Pro

That was a impressive foam cutter. I wonder if the EPA has any issues with it.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

Well, I have some issues with the EPA so we’ll just call it even. 🙂 I hadn’t actually looked at the price of the unit. It’s probably not too crazy for you tool organization junkies.

I am sure you could use that foam cutter with other foam, but I definitely wouldn’t want to store my tools in styrofoam. I hate it when that stuff gets all over everything.

John S

Are you guys all using a 1A for first aid or did you rig up your own bins in a 1?

can anyone show a picture of what you have in the first aid bins? I am curious what you guys put in and where you get the supplies to fill it.

There are a couple of different off the shelf kits made by Sortimo, in 1A and in a 72 iboxx. Pretty decent and easy to turn up on a google image search

But, depending on the rules where you are, the kit contents may be pre-determined and imposed.

In Quebec, the CSST (government health and safety board) imposes a specific kit depending on how many people, how far from advanced care, and special needs. The container can be anything but the contents have to be exactly what is spec-ed.

If 25 safety pins are on the list, there better be 25 (not 24 or 26) or there better be a log explaining where the missibg items went. And they do audit/fine

So make sure you have no required kit before going for what we think

Small trick though- if you want to have extra stuff – keep a compliant kit within the allowed radius and have your Lboxx kit be not an offical kit. At work, I keep a full paramedic bag (minus the meds) but don’t display it, so it does not concern CSST.

I do suggest lots of gauze rolls to support an impaled object, clean ziplock bags for small amputations, ab pads/womens maxi pads for deep cuts, and lots of triangular bandages. Can do almost anything with clean gauze and triangles.

So far there is a home made first aid box (used the stanley with ) and in car, van and pickup all have a roll of duct tape, neosporin and a tampon The tampon is in case of a shooting or severe injury.

EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

I am sure you could use that foam cutter with other foam, but I definitely wouldn’t want to store my tools in styrofoam. I hate it when that stuff gets all over everything.

It’s just a matter of finding the right temperature for each foam. We used to make a lot of theater/movie ceiling details out of blue or pink foam stock to reduce the weight as they were hung on fly systems. Let me tell you, creating a forced perspective coffered ceiling out of blue foam isn’t nearly as easy as you’d think. Ripping and mitering 80 different compound bevels and miters with a piece of hot wire got real old.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

That was a impressive foam cutter. I wonder if the EPA has any issues with it.

Why would we give a rats a55 what the EPA thinks??
    I know people in the ocean board industry that have been cutting EPS that way for over 20 year now. It’s commonly called a hot wire cutter. They are easly built for large blocks of EPS say 3’x3’x10’long.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

yes that is nearly as bad as glitter, they never leave. it ends up everywhere and for years later you’ll still see it floating around.

jstare
    Pro
    Langley, BC

That foam cutter is slick, would definitely make a good addition to a tool storage junkie’s arsenal. Anyone find something online and how much it would cost?

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 856 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.129 seconds