dcsimg

V. 3.0 Inside of L-Boxx – Storage Setup

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 856 total)
  • Author
    whitehill
    Pro
    Ottawa, ON

I found that the inlay is crapper than crap, so I’ll be shopping for some foam soon. We don’t have Kaizen in the Netherlands so I’m going a different route. @Rovik as you are from Norway, what kind of foam did you use and where did you order it, locally?

Check for places that build custom travel cases for equipment, or build trade show exhibits. They will have both the smooth and waffle surface foam. Might not sell full sheets retail but you can probably get enough off-cuts for what you need.

Jummul
    Pro

Thanks for the tip! I think I will be ordering Kaizen foam. That seems the best solution considering price.

I was wondering if anyone has seen the LT-boxx in U.S.? I knew Sortimo made them but apparently Bosch just made one too. See attached images. Seems very nice! That can hold a lot of tools.

They are size 2 and 3.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The LT-Boxx looks to be a box and a half.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

woodman_412

So what are the functional differences with the LT boxes? I see they don’t have the red latches on the front.

Dan

danpattison.com

Jummul
    Pro

I’m sorry if the picture isn’t clear. You can read more here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Sortimo-LT-Boxx-272-empty/dp/B00TM3QIXE

Its an L2 or L3 without a lid. The lid is replaced with only a handle. So it’s more the traditional open-top toolbox setup. It’s slightly higher than the regular L2 or L3 though. I bet it’s best for storage of quick acces items like tape measure, hammer, screwdriver, etc. I could also see use for an LT-boxx filled with chaulk tubes.

Sortimo also sells an LT-4 and LT-3D

I don’t have a lot of tools (or boxes) so I can see this being an excellent item to store all my small DIY tools. To create some sort of go-to toolbox with all the things that don’t ‘fit’ into full sized l-boxes

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I haven’t seen any of those LT boxes here. As it is, all the boxes that we do have here we have to order. I haven’t found any places that just sell the boxes.

Jummul
    Pro

I haven’t seen any of those LT boxes here. As it is, all the boxes that we do have here we have to order. I haven’t found any places that just sell the boxes.

I’m not quite up to speed on the difference with sell as opposed to order. You mean that you can’t buy them from an actual store but you can order them online, right?

Bosch Professional in general is very hard to come by in the Netherlands anyway. There is not a single line of hardware stores that carries ‘m. Only some specialty local stores do. The Bosch DIY line is for sale everywhere though but it’s much more gimmicky.

I need to order my blue Bosch stuff over the border: Germany or the UK. Obviously Germany is often cheaper.

Rovik
    Pro

Here is a video of the LT-Boxx:

Norway

Jummul
    Pro

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/endS0ZVf9Ro?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Sweet video. Couple of things I noticed:
    1. Split tools inserts for multiple 18v tools
    2. It seems like the PortaLED lid can be set at an angle, that would be sweet.
    3. An L-Boxx can attach on top of on LT-Boxx
    4. The foam inlay looks pretty robust actually! I might give it a try after watching this.

@Rovik great video, makes me want a whole bunch more,

woodman_412

That’s a great video. It’s a good overview of the system and it was nice to see the LT boxes in action too. I can’t really think of a use that I wouldn’t want a lid off the top of my head but it’s a cool option. I’ve been trying to decide if I want to add anymore drawers to my system.

Dan

danpattison.com

4. The foam inlay looks pretty robust actually! I might give it a try after watching this.

It is not bad in terms of being rigid but it is not near as nice as kaizen (sorry, I know you can’t get it) in terms of being able to cut precisely to the shape of the tool. You are stuck removing it in those squares, and you can only remove it entirely – aka you choose to take out a square of the foam, and it comes out entirely from top to bottom as one piece. So you can’t (easily) vary the depth of how much foam you remove.

John S

Wow, that LT boxx is great! I didn’t know another box could be stacked on it. I wish that was here. Guess another NAINA.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”578″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/endS0ZVf9Ro?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Great video! That’s probably the best one of the Bosch Sortimo line that I have seen. The LT Boxx’s seem like a neat addition.

A Working Pro since 2004

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

im unsure of the LT line, for all my storage containers i prefer to have a lid to save myself from looking for all the pieces should they fall over.

im unsure of the LT line, for all my storage containers i prefer to have a lid to save myself from looking for all the pieces should they fall over.

I am unsure of the LT as well.. I could see maybe one or two being nice as sort of a “catch all” since it would be quick to grab without the lid… and it would be nice on the top of a stack of l-racks since you could still have quick access to everything in it

John S

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

svensshutters wrote=I haven’t found any places that just sell the boxes.

DWB writes= I have no place over here that stocks and sells the L-B0XX or any other Bosch B0XX. I can get the Festool and Makita and DeWalt and other B0XXes but no Bosch yet.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I am unsure of the LT as well.. I could see maybe one or two being nice as sort of a “catch all” since it would be quick to grab without the lid… and it would be nice on the top of a stack of l-racks since you could still have quick access to everything in it

im telling you, with my luck i’d either spill paint or glue in it or knock it over and go scrambling for whatever I thought was in the top box.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thank you for posting the video, very interesting to see how the system works.

I have no place over here that stocks and sells the L-B0XX or any other Bosch B0XX. I can get the Festool and Makita and DeWalt and other B0XXes but no Bosch yet.

I haven’t found a place that sells the L-Boxxes either. Only place I know is amazon.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m not quite up to speed on the difference with sell as opposed to order. You mean that you can’t buy them from an actual store but you can order them online, right?

Yup, the only time it seems you can get L-Boxxes is when you get one with a new tool.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 856 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.454 seconds