dcsimg

V. 3.0 Inside of L-Boxx – Storage Setup

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 855 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by r-ice.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 856 total)
  • Author
    crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

boy those are some sweet modifications there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yup – if there was a way to just say DIYer it should say that as well rather than pro. BTP is geared towards Pros and not DIYers, so Jim and the powers at BTP think there are other people more suited as moderators and I agree.

BOT;

I’ve seen that modification before of converting an L4 into a ‘4D’ type thing, I think it’s cool. Not that I’d need it but it’s a cool project to do

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ve seen that modification before of converting an L4 into a ‘4D’ type thing,

I love seeing all the different Modifications to the B0XXes.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve seen that modification before of converting an L4 into a ‘4D’ type thing, I think it’s cool. Not that I’d need it but it’s a cool project to do

You can do that? Wow.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can do that? Wow.

the one I saw was a custom fit wooden box the guy made with three drawers and he sat it down inside the L4, The front was similar in that he cut a big opening than covered the front of each drawer face with the blue material. He also made the box short enough to use as the floor for the top part like a 3D has, It was pretty cool really. Might be a neat project if for nothing else, But I got better things to do 🙂

You can do that? Wow.

the one I saw was a custom fit wooden box the guy made with three drawers and he sat it down inside the L4, The front was similar in that he cut a big opening than covered the front of each drawer face with the blue material. He also made the box short enough to use as the floor for the top part like a 3D has, It was pretty cool really. Might be a neat project if for nothing else, But I got better things to do :)

Is there a link for that one? I’d like to see how it was done. Would be cool to have a taller 3D like box where you could fit three i-Boxx 72’s or four i-Boxx 53’s.

Is there a link for that one? I’d like to see how it was done. Would be cool to have a taller 3D like box where you could fit three i-Boxx 72’s or four i-Boxx 53’s.

It is buried away most likely in V1 or V2 of this thread. Not sure it will be easily found apart from looking at each page :\

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can do that? Wow.

the one I saw was a custom fit wooden box the guy made with three drawers and he sat it down inside the L4, The front was similar in that he cut a big opening than covered the front of each drawer face with the blue material. He also made the box short enough to use as the floor for the top part like a 3D has, It was pretty cool really. Might be a neat project if for nothing else, But I got better things to do :)

I tried to find it a while back and gave up, One thing about doing it that way is the drawer slides were easier to install since it had nice wooden walls. I still think it’s silly to put a box in a box though LOL

I got some foam, now just have place my tools and cut around them.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

@Boschmanbrian – good pics. Are those foam pieces or “blocks” cut from top to bottom or are there sort of two or three layers deep. In other words, if you pull out a few pieces did you just create a cavity straight down to the bottom of the lboxx or can you have some layer or cushion under the tool that you place there at all? if that makes sense.

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

I’ve not really been a fan of the Bosch Pick’n’pluck foam, but it sure beats having stuff loose. I’ll give you it’s a lot easier to work with than Kaizen though.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

I’ll give you it’s a lot easier to work with than Kaizen though.

really? because it seems most of the guys prefer the Kaizen foam over the Bosch foam.

really? because it seems most of the guys prefer the Kaizen foam over the Bosch foam.

Think he means the Bosch foam is easier to work with since all you do is pull the pieces out instead of cutting and removing the layers out of the Kaizen.

Nyx
    Pro
    Pittsburgh, PA

Think he means the Bosch foam is easier to work with since all you do is pull the pieces out instead of cutting and removing the layers out of the Kaizen.

that makes sense, thanks for clarifying that.

@Boschmanbrian – good pics. Are those foam pieces or “blocks” cut from top to bottom or are there sort of two or three layers deep. In other words, if you pull out a few pieces did you just create a cavity straight down to the bottom of the lboxx or can you have some layer or cushion under the tool that you place there at all? if that makes sense.

Unfortunately if you do remove / pick and pluck yeah it creates a hole right to the bottom. It is actually 1 piece, it’s pretty thick. And it is the pick and pluck, but it is bigger than the Bosch foam. I am going to try it, just because my Bosch tools are the old-fashioned ni-cad style, on wise, I probably would go to the insert.

Unfortunately if you do remove / pick and pluck yeah it creates a hole right to the bottom. It is actually 1 piece, it’s pretty thick. And it is the pick and pluck, but it is bigger than the Bosch foam. I am going to try it, just because my Bosch tools are the old-fashioned ni-cad style, on wise, I probably would go to the insert.

You could try and see how feasible it is to go slowly and not rip out the entire piece from the pick and pluck – just cut it halfway down or so and see how that goes. It is nice that it already fits perfectly in the l-boxx and is quick to use.

John S

You could try and see how feasible it is to go slowly and not rip out the entire piece from the pick and pluck – just cut it halfway down or so and see how that goes. It is nice that it already fits perfectly in the l-boxx and is quick to use.

Yeah John, that is my intention. I actually had to trim it down a couple of inches both sides to fit. And I even have some other foam that is about 1 and half inch thick, plus another , that is about 2 inch thick.

the foam sheet I have are in layers. So you cut down to the desired length and then slide a push razor into the side wall of the foam to cut out desired piece. Does that make sense? Anyways. It’s not cubed like the kaizen foam.

the foam sheet I have are in layers. So you cut down to the desired length and then slide a push razor into the side wall of the foam to cut out desired piece. Does that make sense? Anyways. It’s not cubed like the kaizen foam.

Chris, I think what you have is Kaizen foam.

Is the one you have like this video?

Nice that kaizen foam. I am going to check it out later tonight, and even see if they can have it in blue and red or blue and silver

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 856 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 1.376 seconds