dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Got my steel beams installed first thing in the morning, kind of sketchy with the crane operator we ended up having, hopefully we wont have him again any time soon. After that we threw in the wood beams and started joisting and sheeting.

Registered a few tools today, and accessories,
    The blower, power box, even my circular saw and a few others that I forgot to

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got the last of the cabinet stuff for @rerun_1965 ‘s utility room finished up today. Did a little running around checking on materials for upcoming jobs. Funny how sometimes it just seems like your chasing your tail all day. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I did alittle running around after work. I decided to stop in Lowes and check out some Bosch Tools. I didn’t buy any today. I stopped in to see if the Amish guy had my roof quote done. He didn’t have it done yet. So he did it while I was there. I was real happy with price. The problem I have to wait til May 2018 to have it done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Clev08
    Pro

The last couple days I have been installing Industrial doors and hardware at a High School renovation. what a pain in the butt!

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

paperwork, Had the guys siding on a house today. It looks like it will be a working weekend.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

short day today. back filled the job, graded and raked the yard. my weekend started today at 1pm 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Got the last of the cabinet stuff for @rerun_1965 ‘s utility room finished up today. Did a little running around checking on materials for upcoming jobs. Funny how sometimes it just seems like your chasing your tail all day. lol

It sure makes a day short and a todo list long

monman1
    Pro

monman1 wrote:

Boschmanbrian wrote:
    I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Im doing ok, but some days its hard. Because we are still using all the tools that he has used for alot of years, some tools i grew up with him using them, or a song on the radio that was his favorite and thats when it hits me.

I totally hear you Joshua, but those tools are priceless now, and those songs you hear will be great memories in time. Definitely hard for you, but hang in there buddy.

Just hand in there Josh. It’s gonna take a while…6 mos plus at least imo, but you know what…..his spirit will be strong in sight. It just happens that way. What was a solemn sight looking at everything suddenly becomes an enlightening beacon of who he was and what he meant to you. It suddenly helps carry you in ypur life forward. More so than you can even imagine now. Sorrow starts to disipate and unbridled pride takes hold in his rememberance. Be patient and stay the course Josh.

Thanks!

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Used the Snorkel Lift to access the front of the building and repointed ground out mortar joints. Boom broke again today and had to get us lowered to the ground via the ground controls. Scaffolding for the chimney was secured and organization of meeting point with all PPE and safety gear.

A Working Pro since 2004

Doobie

Got back to the real world today. Back to work in the morning.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Yesterday was a day off. Took the in laws out to lunch. It is his 80th birthday coming up and their anniversary too. I had a Buffalo chicken ceasar wrap that was pretty good. My father in law was a bit upset about having to take his drivers exam again (every 2 years after age 80). He used to do the quarter mile on the rear wheels only when he was younger. Now some petty functionary with a clip board is try to tell him how to drive, and not doing a good job of it. We agreed that the best thing to do was just smile and agree and just get through it. It was suggested he avoid parking in places where he has to back up???????????? We also agreed that if you can’t back a car up, you shouldn’t be driving.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

If the rain holds out I will try and tackle in in ground bee/wasp nest with spray.

With all the rain I couldn’t get to this. Today I will and finish on a pallet.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Got back to the real world today. Back to work in the morning.

I feel for ya. Why is it vacation always go by faster than the work week?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Clev08
    Pro

Did some outside painting. striped the old paint, sanded the wood so the new paint has something to stick to and then repainted some windows and a fence gate.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Put a plant hanger on the deck for the wife and also made up a swag lamp from a shade she bought in the spring at a yard sale. I got every thing I needed for the lamp bought except the plug….DOH!

Also experimented with the placement of the ceiling joists over the deck. It looks like it will work out pretty good. Once the weather clears up a bit I can start getting the skeleton up for it. Not sure whether it will get covered this year, but the framing will all get done and it will look like an arbour/trellis.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I cleaned up the tools in the garage organize the tools little. Change my truck oil add some fluids.

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

Went to my local hardwood cabinet makers lumber guy and stocked up, he is retiring and no one is buying the business … oh well I also worked on some dovetail drawers.

Will

Doobie

If the rain holds out I will try and tackle in in ground bee/wasp nest with spray.

There’s a lot safer way to get rid of them. Get a large clear jar, place over hole. Wait a week, nest will starve.

That’s a good idea, but trying to keep the jar in place with a toddler around I don’t want to chance it.

Good luck. Inground nests are hard to kill off with spray. I had one in a wall and I used the clear jar technique. It worked perfect. No mess, and no risk of bees migrating thru my house inside.

https://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic-aa/27269-getting-rid-of-a-hidden-wasp-nest?p=624715#post624715

@hojo04

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Some paperwork today then rest, my lower back is killing me lately and hope to get it back in shape by taking it easy.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.953 seconds