dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the yard (job site) all cleaned up and put the left over wood away. I also cleaned up the shop and put the tools in their place and stacked some other left over wood a bit neater. Everything is back on shelves that needed rearranging where it belongs and I am no longer in danger of tripping over cut offs while I am in there. The Glide Mitre is bolted back down in it’s spot and I can find things again. Shop still needs some dust removed from corners and such, but it is functional again.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Did some more work on my end table. Working on the top, the lower rails for the drawer and the guides for the drawer, the new Laguna bandsaw makes re-sawing a dream with very little waste and cleanup required; accurately taking about 1.5 mm out of the center of some maple for the rails and guides.

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Today I was the ikea assembler. The wife bought a bunch of ikea items and i just took the time to put them all together, im kinda impressed with the different plugs they use now. Not just dowels but plastic dowel anchor like pieces that you just hammer in.

Went and give a quote on some window replacement work . Then I replaced some trim on a door . There dog ate the lower half lol .

Always willing to learn .

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Seeing that it’s a rainy day, and I am at a natural pause point in building things, I edited some video and got it posted up. It’s in my thread if you are interested.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Went and give a quote on some window replacement work . Then I replaced some trim on a door . There dog ate the lower half lol .

must be a dog with some special taste. I can’t imagine it tastes good haha.
    Unless it’s real wood then I know why the dog did it.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Made a little more progress fitting out my tool cabinets; I now have a rack to hold hand saws.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

installed engineered flooring and paperwork. after a little more than a week out of the office on out of town projects, the paperwork builds up.

Lol yeah I’ve been there, lol the first year we had our, believe it or not, pug, he chewed every 90 degrees outside corner of the baseboard lol
    Then started on the bottom hardwood oak step, that must have sharpened his teeth, because after that he was chewing on the bottom of the seat base of our kitchen chairs lol
    I used to get home from work and say, WTF, never realized it till one day I caught him lol, after we used to crate him, never had any issues, (don’t worry) his crate is the biggest you can get, 30 inches wide by 40 something long and easily 30 inches high. Lol its basically a dog palace lol

As for me, I don’t laugh (played barbies lol) with my best friend, my daughter, then played in the pool, after cut the grass, and few other tasks around the yard,

I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Im doing ok, but some days its hard. Because we are still using all the tools that he has used for alot of years, some tools i grew up with him using them, or a song on the radio that was his favorite and thats when it hits me.

I totally hear you Joshua, but those tools are priceless now, and those songs you hear will be great memories in time. Definitely hard for you, but hang in there buddy.

thanks for your comments also guys.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Worked regular 7am-4pm and then went to do a mockup/test of masonry cleaning for a new possible client. They also need some masonry joints ground out and replaced.

A Working Pro since 2004

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I worked a 12 shift today. They have been bugging all week to stay late. Now I have work Saturday. Want to cut the grass when I got home but started raining.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Cruised around today on our houseboat rental. Everytime we take these houseboat vacations we itch for buying a boat. Now, with my wife now decided to retire from her teching career next year we are now think of selling the house and buying up here with a boat as well. Such thoughts!

Doobie

I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Im doing ok, but some days its hard. Because we are still using all the tools that he has used for alot of years, some tools i grew up with him using them, or a song on the radio that was his favorite and thats when it hits me.

Just hand in there Josh. It’s gonna take a while…6 mos plus at least imo, but you know what…..his spirit will be strong in sight. It just happens that way. What was a solemn sight looking at everything suddenly becomes an enlightening beacon of who he was and what he meant to you. It suddenly helps carry you in ypur life forward. More so than you can even imagine now. Sorrow starts to disipate and unbridled pride takes hold in his rememberance. Be patient and stay the course Josh.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I went after work back to the job site to check if the inspector came by to sign off the work and yes he did…I am glad haha.
    I will start very early tomorrow morning to back fill the site, should only take a few hours and then I have an early start into the weekend.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

After work I spent some time restoring some moldings for one of the cars. Time consuming work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finally got to starting to frame our next house, then got rained out. So more work on my own place for the rest of the day.

I am getting ready to finish the top of my shaker style end table with figured maple top, has anyone ever used The Wood Whisperer’s pop the grain technique?

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I am getting ready to finish the top of my shaker style end table with figured maple top, has anyone ever used The Wood Whisperer’s pop the grain technique?

I think @MrFid used that on his curly maple side table a couple of months ago. I know he was pleased with the results.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

I think @mrfid used that on his curly maple side table a couple of months ago. I know he was pleased with the results.

Indeed I did. Good memory! I bought a pretty light dye since I didn’t want the maple to be darkened. One piece of advice I’d say is cut some test pieces and try some different levels of dye in the mix. I ended up liking about 10 drops of the dye into maybe 3 ounces of shellac. But I did a bunch of trials with different levels of dye. I gave the trials the full treatment of sanding and one coat of poly on top since that’s when the grain really starts to pop. From there you decide what you like best.

Let us know how it turns out! Good luck!

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.884 seconds