dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Did a good stretch of installing more Hardie lap siding. Ran into a few little slow-me-downs, but I did overcome them in good order. One of them was when my temp scaffold met up with the rows I was putting up and I couldn’t clamp down my Gecko gauges. Got it done thanks to my Tsask jacks. Man those things are handy at times. Got just a few more rows to go. The neighbors were giddy at the sight of it. Lol!

Looks gorgeous Kevin! Good work

Thank you! Much appreciated. 🍺

I took advantage of the long weekend to put some shiplap profile pine up in my laundry room.

Very nice Eric. VERY NICE!

Have you thought of making a cradle base/riser of sorts for the laundry units? Would eliminate that uneveness and depending how much you’re like me, raise them somewhat so there is less bending over involved when dealing with them. I hate bending over wherever I can avoid it. Go ahead, call me a Girlie-man…lol!

Did a good stretch of installing more Hardie lap siding. Ran into a few little slow-me-downs, but I did overcome them in good order. One of them was when my temp scaffold met up with the rows I was putting up and I couldn’t clamp down my Gecko gauges. Got it done thanks to my Tsask jacks. Man those things are handy at times. Got just a few more rows to go. The neighbors were giddy at the sight of it. Lol!

Looks gorgeous Kevin! Good work

Thank you! Much appreciated. 🍺

I took advantage of the long weekend to put some shiplap profile pine up in my laundry room.

Very nice Eric. VERY NICE!

Have you thought of making a cradle base/riser of sorts for the laundry units? Would eliminate that uneveness and depending how much you’re like me, raise them somewhat so there is less bending over involved when dealing with them. I hate bending over wherever I can avoid it. Go ahead, call me a Girlie-man…lol!

I will be putting a very, very thin base of sorts to cut down on vibration and noise, and to help make it even, but don’t want to raise it too much because we want a countertop over the machines (and I will be building a cabinet to fill the space exactly, with a pullout drawer for hampers)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Laid a bunch of tile today. My knees and fingers are telling me I did way to much. lol.
    Still liking the Back Butter Buddy.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Attachments:

Holy crap @boschmanbrian! That is s small piece! Is all your work that small and tedious? What is that used for?

Thanks for the compliment! There will be a small section of wood hand rail on top of that section. I will post a pic when I have it done.

Your welcome, I’m sure seeing and knowing your work ethic, it’s gonna look great,
    I would not know what to do, never did that type of finishing around the stairs like so,
    To bad I could not work along side someone with your experience, always nice to learn new approaches and techniques.

No its not always these small parts, only when I’m doing this glass blowing part, I’m basically learning the art/trade, the guy teaching me is retiring this new year, and I’m the next guy that will be making these parts,
    It’s a tiny bulb along with gas cells I make, they are installed in another assembly, it’s all part of a detection system, for detecting submarines and the like,

ChadM
    Rogers, Ohio

Not much today…waited around a site for an inspector to show only to have him call me at 4 and ask me to text him some pics because he didn’t have time to come out….passed inspection lol.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY

To day we replaced an old ” decretive” metal hand railing with new wood to mach the rest of the porch.

Today was a hodge podge…office stuff in the am, contract write up, schedule time with subs to look at our next remodel, then onsite to finish the basement skirt trim and clean the site for the painters. Meet with a client and then home for my daughters last volleyball game of the season. Life is fun and busy!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

I did estimates. I needed a couple of days off except now I have 3-4 open jobs all at a stand still and I cant advance them. I may end up hanging around then stressed out getting them done through the holidays

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Hey Ron the tile looks good and flat. No leveling clips huh? Just feel. I hope you back buttered those big boys.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Laid a bunch of tile today.

The tiles are looking good. I bet the Buddy bucket really helps.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Started replacing some Hollow metal doors on a metal building today. the steel jambs around the doors were all rusted out so we had to make new 9 1/4″ channels to replace the bottoms of them. I ended up splitting a 5″ tube steel and welding it back together to bet the 9 1/4″ dimension. What a guy does not have to do to fix these things when you run into them.

We got one door installed and another to go tomorrow.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Lots of landscaping today – all the bushes and tees need their winter hair cut 🙂

Besides that, I had a lot of errands to do too. Gathering info for some renovations coming up and a few other smaller projects too.

Charlie

Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I waited around for the internet guy to do his hookup and install a battery backup…accomplished a bunch of paperwork while waiting.

This evening, I finally picked up the walnut I had sawn and dried. It didn’t make it into the kiln on time and was stuck there for an extra week because the other lumber in the kiln was stacked on top of it!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I waited around for the internet guy to do his hookup and install a battery backup…accomplished a bunch of paperwork while waiting.

This evening, I finally picked up the walnut I had sawn and dried. It didn’t make it into the kiln on time and was stuck there for an extra week because the other lumber in the kiln was stacked on top of it!

That’s a great looking pile of wood. Will you sticker it for storage?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Nice. How many BF is that? Was it cheaper to have it done like that instead of just buying dried? Also was it steamed for colour?

@RonW the tile looks great Ron, you really getting good use from your back butter buddy , nice job.

@ChadM
    lol I think that’s the first time I’ve heard of that,
    He probably knows you and your work.
    Hey as long as it worked out, good stuff.

Just called in for my hot work permit,
    More glass blowing again today,

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hey Ron the tile looks good and flat. No leveling clips huh? Just feel. I hope you back buttered those big boys.

Thanks. They are laying fairly good. Floor was not perfectly flat. So it’s been a chore. And yea I did Back butter them.

Laid a bunch of tile today.

The tiles are looking good. I bet the Buddy bucket really helps.

Thank you. It sure makes things easier.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Lots of landscaping today – all the bushes and tees need their winter hair cut 🙂

Besides that, I had a lot of errands to do too. Gathering info for some renovations coming up and a few other smaller projects too.

That reminds me of another job I have to do yet. Trimming trees and shrubs.

Is it wrong that the picture excites me? Lots of nice projects in there.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s a great looking pile of wood. Will you sticker it for storage?

Heck no! I’m going to use it!

Nice. How many BF is that? Was it cheaper to have it done like that instead of just buying dried? Also was it steamed for colour?

WAY cheaper! I’d be getting hate mail if I told you what I paid for the sawing and drying! As for the steam…nope, didn’t even know that was a thing.

Hmm, board feet? That’s a bit tricky without measuring each board… Each slab is 11′ 10″ long, the average width is about 24″ wide and the height of the stack is 32″ total…so about 750bf?

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Hey @RonW This thread is broken,,,,

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.616 seconds