dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Spent the morning crying, had the funeral for our friends / neighbors husband Jay,
    Got home, had to have a frickin stiff drink, sit back and contemplate life,
    Then just had to get out in the back yard and puts around.
    Don’t sweat the smaller things in life
    Just live life to the max

My condolences to you and the rest of the friends and family affected. Cherish the good memories and be happy you shared them with the ones who have gone.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

part of my work day yesterday.
    Picked up a new 1250gal fiberglass septic tank. Started to dig up a failed/collapsed poly tank. It will get pumped out this morning and then I can start replacing it.

Fiberglasss is the way to go with new septic tanks for sure . My house has them is the best insurance you can get with a system .

fiberglass tanks are way easier to install than concrete tanks. Concrete tanks have a long lifespan, such as the fiberglass tanks, but only with proper ventilation otherwise the corrode inside out. I have seen so many concrete tanks which are just crumble up.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks guys, I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Thanks again guys, today I am doing sfall
    Just going to be listening to the power box and enjoy a few cold ones around the pool, just not up to anything really.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Thanks guys, I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Thanks again guys, today I am doing sfall
    Just going to be listening to the power box and enjoy a few cold ones around the pool, just not up to anything really.

sorry to hear. take the time to make sure you and fam are okay!

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

2′ x 2′ patio slabs came today, 20 of them, helped unload them, levelled the sand bed for them and got them in place. Then moved the rest of the sand around back of the shop with the wheel barrow. I am getting too old to work this hard. My shoulders are really feeling it. I don’t think I am built for menial labour any more, but it felt good getting it done.

Doobie

Spent the afternoon lazing around some waterfalls and swimming with the family. Gonna do a little fishing later on. Nice to take a little vacation time. My wife has to practically beg me to go, but once I’m on it I’m glad she kicks me in the butt to do so.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Just woke up from a power nap. I had no power to resist.

The rest of the patio stones are in place. The other end of them will get a deck that is the mirror image of the one I just built…….not this year though. I am exhausted…..lol.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well after work I had a appointment to go to. Then I went to the Work Authory in the mall to see if they had any Tacoma Wellington boots. I wanted to try them if they had any. They didn’t have any. So then went to the Restore to see what they had. I would say they had alot over price stuff. I did check out a few hand saw. They all were badly covered in rust. They came home to make few phone calls. Just when I was going cut the grass. My wife called me say I needed to go pick up the girls from day camp. Grass never got cut.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

We hooked up a house today in half day, filled up the seepage pit and septic tank with sand. Called in for inspection. Now it’s a waiting game if and when they show up…Hopefully tonight or early tmw morning. Somehow they don’t work fridays

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Well found out my cabinets are still in Kentucky. Won’t be here till next week sometime. Taking off Friday and Monday. Going to make a long weekend camping and fishing trip. I need it! lol

Porch and stones look nice Jim.
    Hang in there Boschmanbrian Time heals.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Spent the morning crying, had the funeral for our friends / neighbors husband Jay,
    Got home, had to have a frickin stiff drink, sit back and contemplate life,
    Then just had to get out in the back yard and puts around.
    Don’t sweat the smaller things in life
    Just live life to the max

@Boschmanbrian

Sorry to hear that brian, my condolences.
    It’s always hard to let someone go, family or friends.
    I lost someone very important out of the family 10 years ago which created a huge hole in the family, but we all know “Life goes on” and that’s what the person wished as well.

“Mom, why do the best people die so soon?”
    “When you’re in a garden, which flowers do you pick first?”
    “The most beautiful ones”

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

finished a wrestling room pad job today. tomorrow a wood floor.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I finally got the pictures over on my computer and sized them up.
    I really hope that the inspector shows up tonight or at least early tomorrow morning, so I can back fill that job and start an early weekend. No work on friday for me 😛

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

monman1
    Pro

I know exactly what you have been through Joshua, I hope you are doing okay to buddy.

Im doing ok, but some days its hard. Because we are still using all the tools that he has used for alot of years, some tools i grew up with him using them, or a song on the radio that was his favorite and thats when it hits me.

Member since April 4, 2014

doer of all , master of none.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I finished hanging a bit of drywall after demoing a soffit above cabinets and a couple of walls…just patching where the old walls met the ceiling and the soffits. Its a ton of small pieces that seem to have an unnatural number of intersections…yay..

But the customer did show me a couple other projects today. One is pulling down paneling in the basement and hanging drywall. The other is two parts, first a new master bath will be built in this odd room off of the master bedroom, and second, the existing master bath will be joined to an adjacent bathroom. Lots of work, and they want everything to be high end finishes. Its always nice when you are asked to do more work before the first job is even done!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of work, and they want everything to be high end finishes. Its always nice when you are asked to do more work before the first job is even done!

Very nice Jon. Looks they are impressed with your work quality and trust you to do more.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Installing the utility room cabinets I built for @rerun_1965 ‘s wife today.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

If the rain holds out I will try and tackle in in ground bee/wasp nest with spray.

Doobie

If the rain holds out I will try and tackle in in ground bee/wasp nest with spray.

There’s a lot safer way to get rid of them. Get a large clear jar, place over hole. Wait a week, nest will starve.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That’s a good idea, but trying to keep the jar in place with a toddler around I don’t want to chance it.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.950 seconds