dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It has been a quiet week for me here as I am midnight’s. Looking forward to the weekend to get things done.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Got a lot further than I thought today consodering I didn’t get started outside til after the lunch hour. Tackled trimming and putting the Hardie siding on my shed’s entrance overhang. Just have a last piece to do tomorrow and the caulking.

Then I’m off to do the final side of siding on my shed which is the 20 X 11 feet tall back side facing/parallel to my side fence and neighbor’s yard. Should go quick once I get the starter strip and first course installed as there are no windows or angle cuts involved.

Sorry, pics are maybe poor as the sun was going down and I had to get out my 1900 lumen Bosch LED light out.

Got a lot further than I thought today consodering I didn’t get started outside til after the lunch hour. Tackled trimming and putting the Hardie siding on my shed’s entrance overhang. Just have a last piece to do tomorrow and the caulking.

Then I’m off to do the final side of siding on my shed which is the 20 X 11 feet tall back side facing/parallel to my side fence and neighbor’s yard. Should go quick once I get the starter strip and first course installed as there are no windows or angle cuts involved.

Sorry, pics are maybe poor as the sun was going down and I had to get out my 1900 lumen Bosch LED light out.

That’s looking pretty sharp now. Have the neighbours stopped complaining?

I edited video. Didn’t think I would get it done, but it’s uploading now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

topfill all day. probably the same tomorrow

Doobie

That’s looking pretty sharp now. Have the neighbours stopped complaining?

As a matter of fact, I’ve gotten some compliments on it now from the fellow there a couple of times in the past week now. First times in 17 years living here that I’ve ever heard him compliment me, or anyone else for that matter, since I’ve lived here. He seemed to be impressed with using the PVC trim and I guess the beauty inherent in the Hardie lap siding.

Remember, these are my neighbors that have called the town on me numerous times, including this shed build. I said all alomg that it would look good once completed. I suppose they’re starting to agree as well.

Installed the vent hood in new house build today, wired and installed the LED tape lighting under the cabinets, and then went for a meeting on our next project. Awesome remodel. Meeting was with the designer and client. Pretty excited about this one.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Shredded a lot of paper of my Mom’s.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Tackled trimming and putting the Hardie siding on my shed’s entrance overhang. Just have a last piece to do tomorrow and the caulking.

Looking good Doobanator!!! Is that brick mold I see on the gable end?
    What kine of caulk do you guys use on the outside up there?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

your shed looks very amazing Kevin. the siding is coming along

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Tackled trimming and putting the Hardie siding on my shed’s entrance overhang. Just have a last piece to do tomorrow and the caulking.

What kine of caulk do you guys use on the outside up there?

For the siding gaping fill to trim it’s the pre-coloured Hardie sealant special ordered.

For the PVC this is where I wasn’t so sure despite having called LePage and asking them after being referred to the Wet Grab Construction grade No More Nials product by one of the Pro-Dept managers at my local HD whom I must say has known his $hit when queried in the past.

LePage told me it is was good on exposure to the elements as it is a different product from their traditional No More Nails product. I’m still a little unconvinced. My worry was in regards as to whether if any exposed parts of the product would be apt to not skin nicely and be sticky thus inducing dark dirty lines that have gathered dirt over time making the white PVC trim surrounding or where scarf joints are look like dirty crap lines basically.

What do you use to seal PVC crevices from water infiltration. I know from past experience that silicone caulks don’t stay adhered to PVC from when I did my shop DC duct system for sealing joints. I did ask the LePage rep on the phone, but she had no alternative in their lineup either.

Yes, it is a Brick moulding used in reverse basically. I wanted to avoid it protruding beyond the one inch drip edge and the narrow side still had a one inch edge to better accomodate caulking of the siding to the edge.

I kinda got fouled on a lot of my other trim work despite having thought I did pre-measure things out for protrusioms of the lap siding I used 3/4 nominal for all my previous vertical trims before applying my first siding courses. I now realize I should have used one inch, but so far, it will work, it just makes for a lot of ‘exact’ caulking work which is a PITA. Ninety plus percent of all available PVC trim here is 3/4 stuff.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What do you use to seal PVC crevices from water infiltration.

Well first we only have 20º of temperature change here all year. So what works well here may not be a good choice for up there.

Dirty

Doobie

What do you use to seal PVC crevices from water infiltration.

Well first we only have 20º of temperature change here all year. So what works well here may not be a good choice for up there.

Good point. And something along those lines I discovered over the years in so many so called ‘how-to’ books…..beware of where the author lives.

Doobie

Thanks Alex. I need the kudos. I am at times feeling mentally fatigued and tired of this project despite it really starting to jewel into what I’ve been wanting to create. Thanks again….and everybody who has been encouraging me….THANKS!

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finally got left alone and managed to sheet 95% of the roof. Just have to frame in one little extra peak and 2 valleys and will finally be done this non existent house so that the engineer can come draw up the plans and tell me what he would have done differently lol

Just called in for my work permit,
    Finished the cells yesterday, now to sand blast the sides, pack them up and send them the next step,

@Doobie wow, it’s really looking great Kevin, nice job, like the color to.

Doobie

doobie wow, it’s really looking great Kevin, nice job, like the color to.

It’s called Sandstone Beige. I let wifey make final determinations on most color selections, but I do like it as well very much.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Thanks Alex. I need the kudos. I am at times feeling mentally fatigued and tired of this project despite it really starting to jewel into what I’ve been wanting to create. Thanks again….and everybody who has been encouraging me….THANKS!

That’s why we are here Kevin and why this is such a great community. Supporting each other and of course passing along advice 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Mounted the wire wheel on the grinder and did a bit of moving things around, but gosh, I just don’t seem to have the energy to do much. Not sure what it is, just tired all the time.

I did go and pick up 3 pieces of concrete board for the front skirting on the house. Will have to get going on that soon.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Thst looks really good @doobie. Nice job.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am at times feeling mentally fatigued and tired of this project despite it really starting to jewel into what I’ve been wanting to create. Thanks again….and everybody who has been encouraging me….THANKS!

Well it looks like the topping off party will be very soon. Pupus and beer for everybody!

Dirty

Viewing 20 posts - 881 through 900 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.806 seconds