dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Making up casing assemblies today. Kreg Foreman, my small version cut table frame, and my 4×4 mft top made everything nice and easy to assemble.

Wow you made that setup . Damm that must spend up building process with efficiency .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Making up casing assemblies today. Kreg Foreman, my small version cut table frame, and my 4×4 mft top made everything nice and easy to assemble.

That’s a sick table you got there OA. is the top out of MDF?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Ran around today looking at a couple jobs. Bid both and looks like more work on my knees. As both are flooring jobs. One tile and one laminate.

I was on my knees all day yesterday . Layed the vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen. I really am liking that stuff.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Started a bathroom remodel at the local Snap fitness and hung the doors weare installing on the addition there. Had the tapers at one of the houses we are building spraying texture. I love these guys, they get in and get it done. started hanging the drywall on Wednesday last week and it will be all primed out today, If we can get the siding done, we should have it wrapped by the end of the month or at least close.

I just need to get the millwork ordered so we can install as soon as it is ready.

Ran around today looking at a couple jobs. Bid both and looks like more work on my knees. As both are flooring jobs. One tile and one laminate.

I was on my knees all day yesterday . Layed the vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen. I really am liking that stuff.

Yeah not fun working on the knees, but you are right, that vinyl planking looks nice, and it’s basically water pro, especially in a kitchen.

Just called in for my hot work permit again, more glass work today.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

I like that stuff too. Have the click together in my kitchen.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Wemt and picked up wiring to run into comduit to my shed today. Also picked up some more PVC for the trim and stuff. The PVC at Lowes is cheaper and better quality than HD. More variety too.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Finished up a commissioned woodworking project. Counter height table made from poplar (painted with milk paint) base and cherry top. The client was very happy with it. I haven’t had time to keep up with posting on the “woodworking projects” thread so here’s the final product. Comments, criticism, questions welcome.

Finished up a commissioned woodworking project. Counter height table made from poplar (painted with milk paint) base and cherry top. The client was very happy with it. I haven’t had time to keep up with posting on the “woodworking projects” thread so here’s the final product. Comments, criticism, questions welcome.

Looks great!
    Couple of questions and thoughts – I find it looks a bit top heavy or stretched (just a hair) Why did you not put a crossmember between each of the legs (on the shorter sides)?

How did you attach the top?

Love the legs. Are they quarter sawn?

The land owner trimmed a small tree, so I got to play with the chain saw and add a few pieces to the firewood pile. I am sure he never cut wood for anything other than landscaping. He left all kinds of big nubs where he cut branches. Jobs like that I would rather do myself. Oh well, got some free heat out of it.

I also fixed one of the live traps I am using for the feral cats. We caught a small raccoon in one and he put one heck of a beating into it. Didn’t escape though.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Painted some gas line piping today

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Doobie the shed is starting to look good!

Thanks! It’s sure taken long enough.

The shed looks awesome Kevin. What will this be used for? I can’t remember if you said.

Mostly for storage but also a small work area also for repairing and maintaining the out door equipment.

I’ve actually been contemplating putting a CNC machine in there should I get one. I’ll have plenty of power. My buddy will be over soon to install a 60A panel. Gonna go pick up the wiring some time this week.

What are the inside dimensions of that thing?

10X20 feet. Not including the entrance overhang.

That shed is a work of art Doobie. Thumbsup.

The shed looks great,

Thanks all!

That is a nice size shed and have to have area to maintain equipment is a good idea. Which I would have done this when I when I built my shed. A CNC would be nice to have. I have wanting to get one day. I don’t have the space for one either and I also don’t have the budget for one. Maybe one day.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

More dimensioning today, nothing exciting.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I wrapped up this stair rebuild today. Nothing big, but a touch tricky…I uncovered old concrete stairs underneath and had to scribe all of my joists to the concrete. Each and every one was a bit different!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Took the day off because I had a guy coming to cut down 3 large ash trees.
    Glad I stayed home. This guy was a total hack. All three trees ended up in the street. His first cut he dropped a huge top of the tree right on his truck. I should have stopped him right then. He finished by smashing the neighbors mailbox. Spent the rest of the day cutting up logs and cleaning my neighbors yard.

Glad I stayed home. This guy was a total hack. All three trees ended up in the street. His first cut he dropped a huge top of the tree right on his truck. I should have stopped him right then. He finished by smashing the neighbors mailbox. Spent the rest of the day cutting up logs and cleaning my neighbors yard.

Hope he was insured

Is your neighbor still talking to you? Boy, that guy sounds like a 1-man disaster.

sheetrocked all day

Doobie

Capped the top of the siding on the dormer face of my shed build. Had to custom cut it. Figured it out.

It’s a lot of learning curves with Hardie and using PVC trim for the first time, but man is it worth it!

Damn @roninohio …sounds like a crazy day! Glad nothing worse happened!

Today we were still trimming the new home. The door trim has smooth rosettes and plinth blocks. Been making the complete assemblies using pocket screws and then nailing them up. I has been working very well. Once I had those done I switched to production mode. We have 13 windows with the same height so I set up a stop and cut all the casing sides. Then we have 8 of those which are the same width..another stop.

After that ran all the short pieces through the Kreg Foreman and started assembling picture frames with glue and pocket screws.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.693 seconds