dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Beautiful day yesterday out on the jobsite

Looks like you have a lot of pipeing to get done on that building Kyle .

Always willing to learn .

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

And some gas fitting work that I did this week

great picture kyle, looks like a pipe maze to me haha. at least you know what the pipes are for 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Beautiful day yesterday out on the jobsite

Sure looks like a beautiful day. Also that pipe work looks really nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks guys here’s another picture from yesterday when we were fitting up our 3 inch steel welded gas line

@overanalyze that’s a pretty simple but effective idea. I might have to use it,

@kswiss
    wow, great pictures, nice work, very clean and straight,

Just called in for my hot work permit,
    Will attempt to get the Cesium transfer done today,

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Thanks Brian, good luck with the transfer today

because we don’t wear shoes in the house.

Is that common there or strange???

Not sure how common it is but it is something my wife and I have always done. Keeps the house a lot cleaner when you don’t drag in a bunch of extra dirt. # kids is enough to try and stay ahead of with cleaning. I always ask when I go to others homes to see what they prefer.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Damn doobie! I go away for a few months and you go and finally get that shed looking sweet! Nice job buddy!

I had my 3 kids help me yesterday at the shop. We have 5 people in my house with multiple pairs of shoes for each. They all pile up at the back door because we don’t wear shoes in the house. Finally found an idea the wifey liked. Simple dowels drilled at an angle in some 1x. Need to make a few more…

Good idea with the dowels. Simple but effective. I like it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Going out to see if I can finish all the exterior related trim and siding on the dormer part of my shed build by the end of today. Pretty well the last awkward difficult part of this build is working on the dormer ends. Gonna be so glad when this is done.

is it just me or what, from this picture it seems smaller than when I saw it? did you change the footprint of it?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Not sure how common it is but it is something my wife and I have always done. Keeps the house a lot cleaner when you don’t drag in a bunch of extra dirt. # kids is enough to try and stay ahead of with cleaning. I always ask when I go to others homes to see what they prefer.

That’s a habit that we have as well. It does go a long way to keeping the house cleaner for sure and it saves wear on the floor, too.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Doobie

Damn @doobie! I go away for a few months and you go and finally get that shed looking sweet! Nice job buddy!

Thanks Andrew. I must admit it is really starting to look good despite what the neighbors thought of it initially. Gonna work some more on it today.

That’s a habit that we have as well. It does go a long way to keeping the house cleaner for sure and it saves wear on the floor, too.

We do the same. If you think of all the stuff we walk through in a day, who wants that tracked through the house. A habit we started when my son was starting to crawl.

Doobie

Going out to see if I can finish all the exterior related trim and siding on the dormer part of my shed build by the end of today. Pretty well the last awkward difficult part of this build is working on the dormer ends. Gonna be so glad when this is done.

is it just me or what, from this picture it seems smaller than when I saw it? did you change the footprint of it?

Nope. Still 10X20 for the main building. There’a 5 foot entrance overhang and porch now. Maybe that’s what’s throwing you off.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Damn @doobie! I go away for a few months and you go and finally get that shed looking sweet! Nice job buddy!

Thanks Andrew. I must admit it is really starting to look good despite what the neighbors thought of it initially. Gonna work some more on it today.

Nice work @doobie, that shed really is looking good. Almost looks like a Tiny House.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Nice work @doobie, that shed really is looking good. Almost looks like a Tiny House.

Thanks Chalie! There’s been a lot of learning curves and problem solves along the way. Today was one of them with figuring out how to deal with covering the top course of lap siding near one of the soffits. Got it figured out and after I pick up more PVC at Lowes in the morning, should be doing that tomorrow afternoon. After that, another stretch of trim and I’m DONE with everything related to the dormer.

I’m glad it’ll be over soon. Sick of working on it. Was a real physically and mentally challenging part of the build, but I believe it was worth it. Had I not incorporated the dormer on one side I felt that at 14 and half feet high, the structure would have looked too monolithic and would have been an eyesore somewhat. The dormer really helps break it up in that regard.

patched in drop ceiling all day

Cleaned out the front garden to prepare for replacing the skirting. What a mess it is. I “temporarily” put OSB up when I did it….about 14 years ago. Of course, I had to get creative and bring the siding down on the front of the house over top of the skirting, so now I have to peel all the siding (vertical) off, then do the skirting, then put the siding back up again. Called up Rona because I looked online and they had none of the concrete board in stock but there is a bunch in the Zurich store a few miles away. They said they ought to be able to get what I need tomorrow. Only 3 sheets, but a lot of work to change it. Depending on the weather, I may start striping the siding off.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Making up casing assemblies today. Kreg Foreman, my small version cut table frame, and my 4×4 mft top made everything nice and easy to assemble.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ran around today looking at a couple jobs. Bid both and looks like more work on my knees. As both are flooring jobs. One tile and one laminate.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Making up casing assemblies today. Kreg Foreman, my small version cut table frame, and my 4×4 mft top made everything nice and easy to assemble.

Wow ,, what a nice setup!!! Are those Plinth blocks?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.942 seconds