dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author

Sundays off the jobsite was hanging 20 plus pictures for the wife I’ve put off for way to long ha ha . It’s been like 2 years or so .

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Had another long drive this morning, gearing up for another ten day work trip

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Well I spent most of the day working outside today. I put 2 coats of paint on the trim around my new door. I disassemble the railing around my deck. Got the grass finally cut and trimmed.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Got the steps built today. They look nice, but the railing is giving me fits now. My first step is flush with the top of the deck and it is throwing everything off. I would have made it with the first step going down one riser, but there isn’t much structure to attach it to there.

Edit:
    Added a photo. The bottom rail was easy, just laid a 2x on flat across the nosing. The upper one is driving me crazy.

Looks like it’s turning out really nice! Are you trying to meet with the existing railing? How are you planning to connect them, or is that the whole problem? If it were me, I’d probably just sister a whole rain to the post and just connect the hand rail to that. But I’m sure there are better ways.

Charlie

Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Hope to install cabinets today. Lowes said they would be there this morning. I will believe it when I see it. Sure glad this wasn’t a job for a customer. We are looking for a new cabinet supplier.

Making some food for our neighbor, then going to the funeral parlor,
    Not a good day.

I got some more done on my shaker style table.: Edit my phone generates picture that are too large for the site, having to edit most all of them is very annoying.

Will

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

was fishing more wire to the basement, ended up dropping the fish in to the wall and today will be spent trying to get it out of the wall lol.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I got some more done on my shaker style table.: Edit my phone generates picture that are too large for the site, having to edit most all of them is very annoying.

That table looks beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to edit them to share them with us!

Charlie

Instagram

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Finished off the railing for the stairs today on the deck. It took a bit of figuring out, but it looks pretty good. I still have to go around and button a few things up, but the deck itself is done. There is still the arbour to go over top, but that can wait for a bit. Photos to come later.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the steps built today. They look nice, but the railing is giving me fits now. My first step is flush with the top of the deck and it is throwing everything off. I would have made it with the first step going down one riser, but there isn’t much structure to attach it to there.

Edit:
    Added a photo. The bottom rail was easy, just laid a 2x on flat across the nosing. The upper one is driving me crazy.

Looks like it’s turning out really nice! Are you trying to meet with the existing railing? How are you planning to connect them, or is that the whole problem? If it were me, I’d probably just sister a whole rain to the post and just connect the hand rail to that. But I’m sure there are better ways.

Yup, that was the problem, but I just worked around it and it turned out OK. There is a very slight splay in the rails on the stairs, but it does not show up to the eye.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Had another long drive this morning, gearing up for another ten day work trip

That sucks. So you are basically home on the weekends?

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Photos as promised. There were some challenges but the deck is done. Now I can take a break. Still have to do the framing for the arbour/trellis/roof over the top, but that can wait. It’s beer time.

Photos as promised. There were some challenges but the deck is done. Now I can take a break. Still have to do the framing for the arbour/trellis/roof over the top, but that can wait. It’s beer time.

Great job Jim, looks nice, I like the rails, looks like you concurred the railings on the stairs.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Very nice work, Jim, that beer is well deserved!

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

replacing windows today, all I can say is rot, rot, rot.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Looks nice Jim. Never saw the rail pickets on the inside before. Seems like it works. Beer break is over, get the top on it! lol

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

I did some spackle and did floor tile

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Looks nice Jim. Never saw the rail pickets on the inside before. Seems like it works. Beer break is over, get the top on it! lol

It’s a thing I picked up on a Mike Holmes episode. If someone falls against it there is more than just a couple of screws to stop them from going through. Plus, I like the nice clean look.

Oh, and just for kicks, I wired up the new GFCI outlet in a weatherproof box beside the deck after.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Very nice Jim. Great job. Enjoy your beer. I sure it taste even better sitting on the deck.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.675 seconds