dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It was a busy week, Monday siding on one of the homes we are building, Tuesday and Wednesday we installed new wall pads in a gymnastics room and a wrestling room, Thursday was meetings and a trap shoot. Friday we removed pads from another wrestling room and started the install to finish next week.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

@hojo04

well just finished the upstairs portion. I forgot to buy some stick on velcro, im going to keep a few machines on the wall.

i just need to do some cable management with velcro.

That looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Great job on the patio stones Jim, looks great

@Pl_Woodworker super news Lon, congrats

Thanks. There is one that is about a 32nd lower than the one beside it. It’s driving me nuts….lol.

Lol take it all apart and start over Jim, a 32nd is definitely unacceptable lol
    Those poor ants will need an elevator lol
    All joking aside, really good job Jim.

Today just doing some cleaning up in the backyard and around the house.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Managed to hang some more drywall and get a new opening framed through a partition wall. Always a slower pace when working at home.

Spent most of the day applying oil finish to my current furniture project. More tomorrow. I post pics then.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Busy day today. Went and got license plates for utility trailer. Loaded the trailer & truck and did a dump run. After that when saw a Amish guy who sells & installs steel roofing. I will have quote for near the end of the week.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Got the bath/laundry job wrapped up. Gotta call for inspections now.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Already well into my new job too. Got the roof done, All new Anderson windows and trim and Siding. It had asbestos siding over gypsum Im glad I talked him into stripping it because it would have sucked finding studs to nail to otherwise.

Tuesday I am going for the big window.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

Masterbosch
    Pro
    Wayne, NJ

Today I did some spackle and level the floor with thinset

plusoneconstructionllc@gmail.com

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Today I did some spackle and level the floor with thinset

nice job ebrahem, more tiling to do?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I had a little work to do today, so I went in and cleaned out the exhaust line for the daycare dryer, changed a bunch of lights, checked on the sprinkler I installed yesterday, and helped one of the pastors with a little project he’s working on.

Came home and tore apart my girls’ room and made their built in bunk into two separate loft beds. Which was a ton of fun 🙂 I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

Charlie

Instagram

I had a little work to do today, so I went in and cleaned out the exhaust line for the daycare dryer, changed a bunch of lights, checked on the sprinkler I installed yesterday, and helped one of the pastors with a little project he’s working on.

Came home and tore apart my girls’ room and made their built in bunk into two separate loft beds. Which was a ton of fun 🙂 I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

That’s always a good thing to do Charlie, preventive maintenance,
    With the dryer vent.

For me my wife is going to work today, and I will probably go down with the train to visit her with our daughter.
    And later today, definitely going to be using my new blower to clean up the back yard around the pool.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Already well into my new job too. Got the roof done, All new Anderson windows and trim and Siding. It had asbestos siding over gypsum Im glad I talked him into stripping it because it would have sucked finding studs to nail to otherwise.

Do you need a special remediation company to deal with the asbestos siding?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Getting back to finishing up my new dishwasher install this morning. Had to do some unexpected mods to the old cabinetry surround to get it to be secured properly and so it is easier to pull out for any future servicing. Almost done.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@hojo04

well just finished the upstairs portion. I forgot to buy some stick on velcro, im going to keep a few machines on the wall.

i just need to do some cable management with velcro.

That looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

yah since i didn’t have a full out industrial rack and didn’t feel like adding one in to the office, i’d rather have a 6 cord patch outlet, looks better in the home environment. if i had needed one more cat5e cable, id probably had either run another 6 outlets or run them all in to a patch panel.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Took apart a pallet to reuse the wood for a roof of a shack I will be building.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

The room’s pretty small so it’s hard to get a good picture, but here’s the new lofts I set up last night.

Charlie

Instagram

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Do you need a special remediation company to deal with the asbestos siding?

No asbestos is graded into multiple categories the two main ones are friable and non-friable.

In simplest terms friable is the ability to become Dusty and a hazard to breathe and non-friable is the hard form in a solid state. So it is safe to work with a non-friable siding as long as you do not make it become friable by Smashing it up sanding it grinding it whatever.

It’s allowed to go with regular common construction garbage as long as you make an attempt to encapsulate it. What I did to encapsulate it is put a layer of debris in the dumpster first then the asbestos then cap it off with other construction debris so it remains in the pile.

Today I install the storm door even though it’s this Sunday.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Got the steps built today. They look nice, but the railing is giving me fits now. My first step is flush with the top of the deck and it is throwing everything off. I would have made it with the first step going down one riser, but there isn’t much structure to attach it to there.

Edit:
    Added a photo. The bottom rail was easy, just laid a 2x on flat across the nosing. The upper one is driving me crazy.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Attachments:

Got the oil on the chest today. With the other parts done too, I am basically ready to get it lacquered. All I have to do is screw in the drawer cleats and transport the parts to the finisher. It’s about time according to the grandson. He is getting antsy. LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.749 seconds