dcsimg

V-29 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • Author
    RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.

Here is the old one. https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-28-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Great job on the patio stones Jim, looks great

@Pl_Woodworker super news Lon, congrats

Great job on the patio stones Jim, looks great

@Pl_Woodworker super news Lon, congrats

Thanks. There is one that is about a 32nd lower than the one beside it. It’s driving me nuts….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Finished up the floor of the lower level of the tree fort this evening. A good chunk of the day was spent in my office, but after lunch I got going on a sprinkler run I’ve been needing to install – it hasn’t rained all month here, darn weather!

Charlie

Instagram

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

finished up one job with grading and restoring. headed to the next one to fill a seepage pit but a hydraulic hose blew. I removed the hose and headed out to get it replaced. I had a nice drive to a hose shop which fabricated a new one. After a few hours I installed the new hose, but it was already to late, so I called it a day. Tomorrow is a new day…

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Got up late today and got sucked into my office all day. Phone just kept ringing too. I’m a bit bummed out now. Tomorrow is a rain day. Why couldn’t today have waited til tomorrow.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@hojo04

yah it is time consuming , as originally i was going to have one of the low voltage boxes where all the cables come out of the wall and plug in to the devices they need to. However i got a great deal on the connectors, so i am going to rip all the ends off and redo the whole section like a patch panel with 6 connectors in a plate.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Had early start yesterday as the BIL came to replace exterior door and small deck at the back entrance rental unit. He also did some masonry repairs also. I was basically the helper and I got the supplies until I had to go to work.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

Not a good sign already today. Business line rings at 7AM and next thing I know….more paper work to do!

Assuming that’s all for today, gonna finish up the last bits on a siding jig I built, then, if the rains hold off on to do some siding.

If rain prevails, I do have our new Miele dishwasher sitting there waiting for me to install we recived a few days ago. Might end up crouched down doing that work instead.

Removed a lot of my camper yesterday so i could repair the floor and the crank mechanism. Crank was fine – just needed a good cleaning and lubrication, but it’s not supposed to be accessible (had to remove the rivets)

The floor was a PITA, since I had to remove all the cabinets, plus fridge and furnace, just to get at the linoleum floor. Once that was up, the subfloor was exposed. Used a Kreg jig to attach the square patches to the removed bits, plus the bolts to the frame. A full replacement is probably needed, but there are just too many things attached to do that as anything but a full rebuild – and I don’t have the time

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Went to throw a railing on a deck first thing this morning, but the second I got the tools out it started to pour. Went and installed a couple of doors and did some backframing instead to stay dry.

Lifted a patio stone and got the wife to put a handful of sand under there to level it up. Much nicer now. Then I started drawing and figuring on a 2×12 and got the stringers for the steps cut. That took a while. I started blowing some nails into it and getting it in place and the sky started to open up and I had to call it a day. Just threw some boards across it temporarily to check it out. 7.3″ rise works out OK.

Attachments:
    smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Finished installing the oak floor. Drill, screw, plug and finish tonight and tomorrow.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Clev08
    Pro

Finished the soffit of the hail repair job today. Whoever framed the house should have been fired… We aren’t getting paid to fed the framing but we tried to make it look as good as possible and in a few spots we had to get the sawzall out.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

back filled the last job of the week…graded the front yard and put back most of the gravel. HO has to order couple scoops of gravel.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Cut out and assembled the boxes for @rerun_1965 utility room cabinets. Need to make a run to town to get some poplar for the face frames and doors.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

Started late last nite taking out our 17 year old dishwasher and replacing it with a new Miele. Gonna finish this up today.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@hojo04

well just finished the upstairs portion. I forgot to buy some stick on velcro, im going to keep a few machines on the wall.

i just need to do some cable management with velcro.

Went out and bought some bolts for the newel post on the deck and a new weatherproof outlet box. They are sitting in the shop now, waiting for their turn.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Replacing a toilet seat today.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,002 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.755 seconds