dcsimg

V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 719 total)
  • Author

…..I’ve used the Ridgid on the top of the testing , and I gotta say , doing demolition and having a bigger hose really makes a difference….

I kept my old Craftsman just for those reasons. Messy jobs like sucking up broken dirt deep in pier holes.

I do have a host of 35mm hoses for my Festool and Bosch vacs. Makes a difference with certin tools attached to it and also for general waste removal. I think they shpupd be the standard size that comes with these higher end vacs and not the 27mm ones they come with.

I’m trying to find that anti static hose and kit l box plus extra filter I believe you bought a few years back , I can’t seem to find the kit , sometimes I just find the hose ,

I couldn’t pull up the two different kits they have on the Bosch site, so here they are for both the 9 and 14 gallon kit available at Mississauga Hardware where I bought mine.

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-01l-9-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-02l-14-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

@Boschmanbrian

Thanks , going to most probably be ordering it this afternoon 👊

Doobie

Dang it , I guess my response went to spam or quarantine 🤷‍♂️ thanks I’ll most likely be ordering the 14 gallon one later this afternoon.

I just approved it now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

The Bora Tool roll arrived today. I wanted this for my carving chisels. Looks like a pretty decent tool roll.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Needed a new cap gun.

Congratulations Ron , that’s definitely going to make it faster , will you be using it for both house wrap and roofing underlay 🤷‍♂️
    Your carpenter square looks like mine , lol

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Needed a new cap gun.

Congratulations Ron , that’s definitely going to make it faster , will you be using it for both house wrap and roofing underlay 🤷‍♂️

Your carpenter square looks like mine , lol

Yea it will get used on both. The boys would have rather had slap staplers. A little easier/ faster for them to use.
    That square really needs to be replaced. So hard to read. Boys tell me I’m cheap. lol

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Simpson MegaShot Pressure Washer

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

why the surfacing kit itself is almost as expensive as the dust extractor itself? I don’t get it.

why the surfacing kit itself is almost as expensive as the dust extractor itself? I don’t get it.

Not sure , I really think it should come with the antistatic hose already 🤷‍♂️

Doobie

The kit does include the antistatic hose. It is also longer than the standard hose. 16 VS 11 feet. If that one particular hose wasn’t in there and they had another reg hose, I wouldn’t have bought it myself.

I remember adding it all up if bought individually and it was a decent price savings and at the time, I didn’t even realize that the kit came with 5 fleece bags. I thought it was just one of them at the time.

The 16 foot antistatic hose is like double or near triple if I recall more than the standard hose that comes with the units.

I just went and checked my old invoice and the kit hasn’t gone up in price since I bought mine mid July in 2018 from MH.

Should you be looking for the polyester wet filter, I’ll try to dig up where I got mine. That item is priced very differently from one place to another.

Hey, here’s a funny little thing that happened a month or so ago. Was using the vac to suck the last of sludgy green water off my pool cover. First load, I stop the vac when it is what sounds like it is obviously filled and drop the rear discharge hose to the ground to drain what’s in there. At first, the water comes out in a flood, but then it is coming out super slow and like taking forever. I think to myself I must have been sucking up some leaves and such and they are blocking the discharge outlet inside the vac, so I take the head off to go clear them. Nope, dumdum had forgotten to take out the fleece bag that was in there that was already half full of dry waste. D’Oh!

The kit does include the antistatic hose. It is also longer than the standard hose. 16 VS 11 feet. If that one particular hose wasn’t in there and they had another reg hose, I wouldn’t have bought it myself.

I remember adding it all up if bought individually and it was a decent price savings and at the time, I didn’t even realize that the kit came with 5 fleece bags. I thought it was just one of them at the time.

The 16 foot antistatic hose is like double or near triple if I recall more than the standard hose that comes with the units.

I just went and checked my old invoice and the kit hasn’t gone up in price since I bought mine mid July in 2018 from MH.

Should you be looking for the polyester wet filter, I’ll try to dig up where I got mine. That item is priced very differently from one place to another.

Hey, here’s a funny little thing that happened a month or so ago. Was using the vac to suck the last of sludgy green water off my pool cover. First load, I stop the vac when it is what sounds like it is obviously filled and drop the rear discharge hose to the ground to drain what’s in there. At first, the water comes out in a flood, but then it is coming out super slow and like taking forever. I think to myself I must have been sucking up some leaves and such and they are blocking the discharge outlet inside the vac, so I take the head off to go clear them. Nope, dumdum had forgotten to take out the fleece bag that was in there that was already half full of dry waste. D’Oh!

Yeah I know I was referring to the dust extractor itself coming with the antistatic hose ,
    I remember you saying that you thought it was only one bag , but pleasantly surprised to see that you received 5 ,
    I checked the prices individually yesterday , buying the kit definitely save around 180 $ , I bought a regular filter last year to use with the regular paper bags for regular stuff , plus I also bought the accessories kit nozzles and stuff , and a pack of 5 fleece bags , I was thinking about just the hose , but it’s half of the cost of the kit , and with the kit I’ll have another filter and bag’s , plus another HEPA filter 👍
    I pulled the trigger late last night ,

Hahaha that’s funny forgetting that fleece bag lol. I’ve used it for cleaning up the garage sewer drain , it’s awesome , especially since you can use the drop down hose for emptying the canister 👊👍

Doobie

Hahaha that’s funny forgetting that fleece bag lol. I’ve used it for cleaning up the garage sewer drain , it’s awesome , especially since you can use the drop down hose for emptying the canister

That is one design feature that is excellent about it. That drop down hose. Shame it’s only on the 14 gallon model.

I still gripe though every time I have a bag in it and I forget to toggle off that stupid self-cleaning button. They never should have set it up this way. Essentially assuming the vast majority of folks would use their vacs without a bag.

Hahaha that’s funny forgetting that fleece bag lol. I’ve used it for cleaning up the garage sewer drain , it’s awesome , especially since you can use the drop down hose for emptying the canister

That is one design feature that is excellent about it. That drop down hose. Shame it’s only on the 14 gallon model.

I still gripe though every time I have a bag in it and I forget to toggle off that stupid self-cleaning button. They never should have set it up this way. Essentially assuming the vast majority of folks would use their vacs without a bag.

Yeah I’m guessing it was designed that way so when ever used for concrete work , it’s always set up for the best option for dust extraction of cement dust and to optimize the filter , I’m just so used to it now , and doesn’t really matter if it’s hooked up with the tool activity feature , for use with the miter and table saw , I use the paper bags , seems to be working fine so far.

Doobie

I’d been looking for what is the proper solution to deal with an old Master lock that was sitting unused for years that I wanted to re-deploy but that was all stiff and could barely get its key in the cylinder never mind turning it.

I was gonna jump to get my graphite, but instead looked up what is the right solution for a stiffened padlock on the internet. Many suggest graphite, others 3 in one oil, and all sorts of other solutions.

Then I went to the Master Lock site and they strongly urge not to use graphite and/or other oils. In particular, while graphite sill loosens it up for now, the latter issues are it makes them more prone to getting all clogged up down the road. But they do offer their own pen style PTFE lubricant.

Found it on amazon for 5 bucks, but had to wait for it as it is an ‘add-on’ item. Finally had an order this week that I could add it onto the order. Stupidly, the other item I ordered arrived two days ago, and this little envelope with the Master Lock lubricant arrives solo today.

Half a dozen drops and some girations with the lock and the key, seems as good as new.

…..I’ve used the Ridgid on the top of the testing , and I gotta say , doing demolition and having a bigger hose really makes a difference….

I kept my old Craftsman just for those reasons. Messy jobs like sucking up broken dirt deep in pier holes.

I do have a host of 35mm hoses for my Festool and Bosch vacs. Makes a difference with certin tools attached to it and also for general waste removal. I think they shpupd be the standard size that comes with these higher end vacs and not the 27mm ones they come with.

I’m trying to find that anti static hose and kit l box plus extra filter I believe you bought a few years back , I can’t seem to find the kit , sometimes I just find the hose ,

I couldn’t pull up the two different kits they have on the Bosch site, so here they are for both the 9 and 14 gallon kit available at Mississauga Hardware where I bought mine.

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-01l-9-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-02l-14-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

@Boschmanbrian

Thanks , going to most probably be ordering it this afternoon 👊

So I ordered the kit , exactly same price , plus I also decided to add on the 3 piece crime extension for the vac

Doobie

So I ordered the kit , exactly same price , plus I also decided to add on the 3 piece crime extension for the vac

OK, must be a typo, but I can’t figure out what the ‘3 piece crime extension’ is.

I bought 4 racks that holds 3 Bosch 18 volt batteries , 2 x2 12 volt battery holders , and 3 Ego plus 4 Ryobi ,

Very impressed ,

Thanks @Sprokitz for the connection , was great dealing with your son

You’re more than welcome @Boschmanbrian I didn’t know you ordered so many and such a variety. Glad to hear he took care of you and you’re satisfied

Yeah I asked if he could make some for the 12 batteries , and he mentioned that he made some for Ryobi , and then I thought hey what about the Ego batteries , I’m glad he was able to get them done.
    The 12 volt batteries are sitting on a slight angle , I like the design , I just gotta find a place to set them up.

OK, must be a typo, but I can’t figure out what the ‘3 piece <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>crime extension’ is.

LoL yeah definitely a typo 😂🤣 supposed to be crome

Doobie

OK, must be a typo, but I can’t figure out what the ‘3 piece <em class=”gdbbx-bbcode-italic”>crime extension’ is.

LoL yeah definitely a typo 😂🤣 supposed to be crome

A long stick with a hook? I don’t understand?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/crome

Hehehe! 😉

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looking forward to getting my dust extractor kit from MHW supposed to be here tomorrow , but the crome extension kit is BO ,
    Plus I ordered a few replacement long reach markers from Atlas and they are still waiting for the zero clearance plate for the Bosch table saw before they ship it 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 719 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.542 seconds