dcsimg

V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 799 total)
  • Author
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is alittle more then I want to spend on a paint sprayer. I am sure it is a good one.

You could always go the air compressor setup route. Thing is, you need a pretty big compressor to get it to work right.

I could go the air compressor route. I am sure what the savings would be as I don’t have a big air compressor. I not sure what the minimum size of air compressor would be need. I know I have look at this before and can’t remember the size required. Plus I am not a fan of the noise of the air compressor.

From what I recall trying to figure out what route to go years ago before I went and bought my Fuji, you need a pretty big compressor. I have a 20 gallon oiless unit and it was nowhere near big enough.

Oh really! I don’t think I want get a big air compressor. Unless I picked up a used one. A big compressor would take up alot space in a shop too. I think I will look at getting HLVP sprayer. They take up very little space and more portable.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Doobie

Which Are the Best Shop Vacs Available?

https://www.protoolreviews.com/best-shop-vac-reviews/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kobalt_xtr_hammer_drill_gives_pro_models_a_run_for_their_money_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2020-06-28

They’ve got the Bosch 9 gallon vac in there, but no Festool vacs.

Gotta say, owning multiples of each brand, while far superior to the older and much noisier ‘Shop Vac’ types, the Festool vacs imo are better than the Bosch on so many fronts except for the Bosch vacs having slightly better suction. Much better overall functional operating experience with Festool vacs.

And why the Bosch vac doesn’t come with an anti-static hose still befuddles me.

Doobie

Question for members here.

For more than a month now it seems, every time I try to navigate into this thread, I’m getting all sorts of incorrect re-directs into it. Usually it is either the prior to the most recent page turns up rather than the current page, no matter if I have tried to get into it from the main Forum Topics page no matter by which method to get to the most recent or newest post, or sometimes I even get a single open post window to type into with not being in the actual stream of the thread.

When I do hit the submit button, it’ll not show my post like in other pages as it being in front of me. It’ll revert to the top of the previous page, in this particular case currently as I try to post this, I should have been on page 28 of this thread after posting, but after submitting, it’s showing me the top of page 27. Even if I hit the most recent hyperlink of my new post as it shows for the latest post being made that is just below the thread heading, it still holds me to page 27. I have to manually click on page 28 to get into the next page and scroll down.

As far as I can recall, it is only happening in this specific thread, although it may have been happening in other threads, but this Toolaholics thread, this is for sure constant for me every time I’m using it.

Yeah I’ve received the same problem , sounds like it’s the thread 🤷‍♂️

Which Are the Best Shop Vacs Available?

https://www.protoolreviews.com/best-shop-vac-reviews/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=kobalt_xtr_hammer_drill_gives_pro_models_a_run_for_their_money_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2020-06-28

They’ve got the Bosch 9 gallon vac in there, but no Festool vacs.

Gotta say, owning multiples of each brand, while far superior to the older and much noisier ‘Shop Vac’ types, the Festool vacs imo are better than the Bosch on so many fronts except for the Bosch vacs having slightly better suction. Much better overall functional operating experience with Festool vacs.

And why the Bosch vac doesn’t come with an anti-static hose still befuddles me.

I can’t say anything about the festool , but I’ve used the Ridgid on the top of the testing , and I gotta say , doing demolition and having a bigger hose really makes a difference , but it’s definitely louder than the Bosch
    Il say I use something very compatible with the Bosch at work , I have a Nilfisk 33 and it’s pretty darn nice , I think these so called dust extractor HEPA vacs tend to have a smaller diameter of hose , probably makes it better for concrete dust and keeping the attachments sucked into the work area 🤷‍♂️ I still have and use the old shop (whinny) vac for real nasty things

cable clamps

I picked up a bunch of those from the local hardware store when they were blowing them out at a town wide yard sale. They make putting tools away very easy also air hoses and extension cords.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

cable clamps

I picked up a bunch of those from the local hardware store when they were blowing them out at a town wide yard sale. They make putting tools away very easy also air hoses and extension cords.

I have never seen that my local hardware store. I will mind use on air hoses and extension cords.

Greg

Doobie

My dial indicator and cable clamps arrived yesterday.

I just bought a multi pack of those cable clamps off amazon. Where did you get yours?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My dial indicator and cable clamps arrived yesterday.

I just bought a multi pack of those cable clamps off amazon. Where did you get yours?

I got mine off Amazon too.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why You Should Buy a Marking Knife

https://toolguyd.com/you-should-buy-marking-knife/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Why You Should Buy a Marking Knife

https://toolguyd.com/you-should-buy-marking-knife/

Pretty cool , but I definitely like my olfa knives for that job , cheaper too 😊

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Question for members here.

This happens in other threads as well.

I haven’t been able to determine a pattern other than it seems to only happen to longer threads with many pages.

I have seen it with this thread and other threads, I assume it’s a well known problem we all live with because from time to time I have seen posts saying this or that thread is broken and time to start a newer version of it. That’s why there are many versions of the same threads but I didn’t know the history of it and didn’t want to ask because it seems everyone was aware of it.

I think it also explains why some posts got posted, then the posters thought the posts disappeared, because the refresh after the submit button was hit puts you somewhere else but not where you expected to see your own post added. Sometimes a forced refresh will bring it up, sometimes going to the next page or the one before the last page will bring it up.

Personally I think there is a bug on the page/post count. In order for them to display how many pages there are, they have to calculate the total number of posts and the lengths of the posts to figure out how many pages and display the page selection at the top and bottom. I think as a new post gets added, the post count takes a while to update, and that not yet updated post count was used to calculate the paging, causing the discrepancy. You can tell the “last post author, date and time” on the main page is also out of synch most of the time, may be the same issue. Those may update once a day or something, so there is a piece of code that displays the posts on a page and another piece of code that displays the list of pages on the top, and they use different out of date information to do their respective displays, causing them to disagree.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    Doobie

…..I’ve used the Ridgid on the top of the testing , and I gotta say , doing demolition and having a bigger hose really makes a difference….

I kept my old Craftsman just for those reasons. Messy jobs like sucking up broken dirt deep in pier holes.

I do have a host of 35mm hoses for my Festool and Bosch vacs. Makes a difference with certin tools attached to it and also for general waste removal. I think they shpupd be the standard size that comes with these higher end vacs and not the 27mm ones they come with.

…..I’ve used the Ridgid on the top of the testing , and I gotta say , doing demolition and having a bigger hose really makes a difference….

I kept my old Craftsman just for those reasons. Messy jobs like sucking up broken dirt deep in pier holes.

I do have a host of 35mm hoses for my Festool and Bosch vacs. Makes a difference with certin tools attached to it and also for general waste removal. I think they shpupd be the standard size that comes with these higher end vacs and not the 27mm ones they come with.

I’m trying to find that anti static hose and kit l box plus extra filter I believe you bought a few years back , I can’t seem to find the kit , sometimes I just find the hose ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Greenworks Pro 300W Inverter Runs on a 60V Battery Pack

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Needed a new cap gun.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Doobie

I’m trying to find that anti static hose and kit l box plus extra filter I believe you bought a few years back , I can’t seem to find the kit , sometimes I just find the hose ,

I couldn’t pull up the two different kits they have on the Bosch site, so here they are for both the 9 and 14 gallon kit available at Mississauga Hardware where I bought mine.

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-01l-9-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

https://www.mississaugahardware.com/product/gxa4-02l-14-gallon-proguard-surfacing-kit

@Boschmanbrian

Dang it , I guess my response went to spam or quarantine 🤷‍♂️ thanks I’ll most likely be ordering the 14 gallon one later this afternoon.

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 799 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.706 seconds