dcsimg

V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 550 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

Finally gonna use this thing! I bought it 4-5 years ago, and didn’t use it for a job I had initially planned to use it for. Glad I bought it then though. It has more than doubled in price since I bought it even though they are a Canadian company making them just outside Toronto. Go figure!

I didn’t know they were a Canadian company. I have been wanting to get HLVP sprayer for a few years now. I know price has been going up on these sprayers over the years.

I think they price it in Canadian dollars for what it sells in the US. When I bought mine, we were much closer to par with the greenback. Coupled with normal price increases, this could explain the price increases in what they sell their stuff now.

But I should make a correction, I just saw my receipt from 2014 and I actually paid a thousand dollars for mine. Thought it was $600 or so, but that was probably because they price the HVLP unit seperate from whatever gun set up you chose to add to it.

It’s also because that was the price I was telling my wife what I paid for it. Tell a lie long enough, you start to think it is the truth. 😉

Looking it up today, it sells for $1400. Mine is the Gold model, but the only diff with the older Gold line and the newer Platinum model I’m told is cosmetic and the Platinum is a tad quieter. They’re essentially the same.

They make a five stage unit since then too that came about when they started offering the Platinum line and discontinuing the Gold line. My 4 stage Gold I’m told can handle anything out there if configured properly for the medium being sprayed.

We have a primer and a Ben Moore Aura I’ll be spraying on the old chairs. Just did the last sanding today, but humidity levels are quite high. Not the greatest for painting.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Some mod to move, please, the above to the ” what I did in the shop” thread.

Doobie

Some mod to move, please, the above to the ” what I did in the shop” thread.

That’s a major pain in the butt. Just the way it has to be done on this type of forum.

I’ll delete your post on in this thread just go ahead and repost in the proper thread.

No worries. It happens to us all.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Finally gonna use this thing! I bought it 4-5 years ago, and didn’t use it for a job I had initially planned to use it for. Glad I bought it then though. It has more than doubled in price since I bought it even though they are a Canadian company making them just outside Toronto. Go figure!

I didn’t know they were a Canadian company. I have been wanting to get HLVP sprayer for a few years now. I know price has been going up on these sprayers over the years.

I think they price it in Canadian dollars for what it sells in the US. When I bought mine, we were much closer to par with the greenback. Coupled with normal price increases, this could explain the price increases in what they sell their stuff now.

But I should make a correction, I just saw my receipt from 2014 and I actually paid a thousand dollars for mine. Thought it was $600 or so, but that was probably because they price the HVLP unit seperate from whatever gun set up you chose to add to it.

It’s also because that was the price I was telling my wife what I paid for it. Tell a lie long enough, you start to think it is the truth. 😉

Looking it up today, it sells for $1400. Mine is the Gold model, but the only diff with the older Gold line and the newer Platinum model I’m told is cosmetic and the Platinum is a tad quieter. They’re essentially the same.

They make a five stage unit since then too that came about when they started offering the Platinum line and discontinuing the Gold line. My 4 stage Gold I’m told can handle anything out there if configured properly for the medium being sprayed.

We have a primer and a Ben Moore Aura I’ll be spraying on the old chairs. Just did the last sanding today, but humidity levels are quite high. Not the greatest for painting.

That is alittle more then I want to spend on a paint sprayer. I am sure it is a good one. I hear you on the little lies and believing them. Maybe I could put on my Christmas wish list. As my birthday has passed

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Difference Between a Hammer Drill vs Impact Driver | Which One Drills Faster in Concrete?

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Difference Between a Hammer Drill vs Impact Driver | Which One Drills Faster in Concrete?” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/F1B56OK__R8?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid4″></iframe>

</figure>

Hahaha that’s pretty interesting , I’ll definitely be looking for the video just using the drill driving mode 👍

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My dial indicator and cable clamps arrived yesterday.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

I have some of those type cord clamps. I really like them, have to get a few more

Congratulations Greg , is that dial indicator for the table saw ?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks. No not for table saw.

Greg

Okay so miter saw 🤷‍♂️ or you gonna keep me guessing 🤭

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

No not the mitre saw either. Honestly I didn’t buy for just was tool. I can use to measure the height of jointer/planer knifes. I can use couple different ways on the table saw. Not sure how I would use it or why would use on a mitre saw.

Greg

No not the mitre saw either. Honestly I didn’t buy for just was tool. I can use to measure the height of jointer/planer knifes. I can use couple different ways on the table saw. Not sure how I would use it or why would use on a mitre saw.

Ah okay that jointer planer setup. Makes sense
    I can see it being useful for table saws

Doobie

That is alittle more then I want to spend on a paint sprayer. I am sure it is a good one.

You could always go the air compressor setup route. Thing is, you need a pretty big compressor to get it to work right.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

That is alittle more then I want to spend on a paint sprayer. I am sure it is a good one.

You could always go the air compressor setup route. Thing is, you need a pretty big compressor to get it to work right.

I could go the air compressor route. I am sure what the savings would be as I don’t have a big air compressor. I not sure what the minimum size of air compressor would be need. I know I have look at this before and can’t remember the size required. Plus I am not a fan of the noise of the air compressor.

Ah okay that jointer planer setup. Makes sense
    I can see it being useful for table saws

I already have dial indicator. I just wanted a digital one.

Greg

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Well, my Son is still working on getting his shop set up. Is Toolaholic genetic ? His latest addition……..

Attachments:
    Doobie

I could go the air compressor route. I am sure what the savings would be as I don’t have a big air compressor. I not sure what the minimum size of air compressor would be need. I know I have look at this before and can’t remember the size required. Plus I am not a fan of the noise of the air compressor.

From what I recall trying to figure out what route to go years ago before I went and bought my Fuji, you need a pretty big compressor. I have a 20 gallon oiless unit and it was nowhere near big enough.

Well, my Son is still working on getting his shop set up. Is Toolaholic genetic ? His latest addition……..

Perhaps it is genetic but definitely contagious as we all share about the tools we have or want. Nice table saw. I have the same brand and found that the best blades to be the Forrest Saw Blades. I am not looking to start any debate here as I have not tried every brand but they outperformed high-end Freud blades for me. They sell a blade stiffener that I believe makes a difference also.

Doobie

Tried and true….great saws! 👍

Hahaha that’s funny ,
    Congratulations looks like a great addition ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It very well could be. That is a great addition to his workshop.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 550 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.657 seconds