dcsimg

V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 799 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It’s a tool for me.

Hoping my new workstation laptop comes in soon. Being on the internet right now has me needing 3 wonky laptops and an android device. Editing video is right out of the question right now too. I ordered it tuesday and they said 3 or 4 days to come in. It’s a refurbished Lenovo. As I said, not just a laptop, it’s a workstation. Fast, with a dedicated graphics card in it. The cost? Ouch dollars….lol.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

Tell me about it….the price of a workstaion is ridiculous.
    I’m currently looking for one to run Chief Architect on and I’m getting sticker shock every time.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I’m currently looking for one to run Chief Architect on and I’m getting sticker shock every time.

I just got a trial copy of Chief Architect sent to me for talking to them at IBS. I have not installed it yet. Let me know what you think of it. I need to upgrade my drawing software and have not yet determined what to use to do it. I am using an old #D home software that is about 25 years old. I like it because I have used it for so long, but it does have limitations. Also once you go past a windows 7 machine, it has quirks and past Vista it will not even load. I know I can emulate a windows 7 in one of my machines, but I think it is time for an upgrade. I only have one computer left at this time that will operate that has the windows 7 on it.

Doobie

I just saw a little notice yesterday opening up my Office 2010 Word program that it will no longer be supported beyond this October. Wondering if I should go with their annually subscribed version which I believe is called Office 365 instead of a buy it all at once version of Office which is what I’ve done for the past 30 years or so. Any naysayers on that idea?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I just saw a little notice yesterday opening up my Office 2010 Word program that it will no longer be supported beyond this October. Wondering if I should go with their annually subscribed version which I believe is called Office 365 instead of a buy it all at once version of Office which is what I’ve done for the past 30 years or so. Any naysayers on that idea?

I also have just bought the permanent software in the past. On my last laptop, I went with the 365. I don’t know that it makes a lot of difference, it just seemed easier that way.

It came today. A lenovo W541 workstation. i7 4910 processor, 256 GB SSD, dedicated nvidia graphics card and upgraded it to 32 GB RAM. $850 or so with the tax. Refurbished is the way to go. A couple of generations out, but they run strong on everything I’ve thrown at them, including video editing, which takes a lot of power. They are designed for CAD and other video intensive software. The last one was 8 to 10 years old and still ran everything.

Office 2010 Word program that it will no longer be supported beyond this October

I use Apache Open Office. It’s free.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

What means “supported”?
    I use office 2007.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Picked up this headlight awhile ago. I really like it. I have used it a fair bit.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Metabo HPT or Hitachi Power Tools

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Latest Tools from World of Concrete Day 2- 2020

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It came today. A lenovo W541 workstation. i7 4910 processor, 256 GB SSD, dedicated nvidia graphics card and upgraded it to 32 GB RAM. $850 or so with the tax. Refurbished is the way to go. A couple of generations out, but they run strong on everything I’ve thrown at them, including video editing, which takes a lot of power. They are designed for CAD and other video intensive software. The last one was 8 to 10 years old and still ran everything.

I bought a refurbished Lenovo laptop almost 2 years ago. It isn’t a workstation like you have. Honestly it does what I need it to do. The wasn’t too bad either. I might look at getting another one. As the girls keep wanting Dad’s laptop. LOL!!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

EGO 650 CFM Blower Tested—Beats Handheld Gas Models

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

What means “supported”?

I use office 2007.

Good question. I know when they don’t support a Windows Operating system any longer that it means there are no more updates, security patches or any kind of support even when you want to pay for it. But for Office, I don’t know what that really means. Does it do updates or security patches? Maybe all it is for something like Office is that if you do want online or on the phone support, you’re SOL even if you did want to pay for it. I don’t really know.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

My 2007 Word works perfectly. Don’t remember any glitches/problems with it.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Best Dewalt Cordless Drills (2020 Update)

https://toolguyd.com/best-dewalt-cordless-drills/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Should You Try an Irwin Pull-Style Detail Saw?

https://toolguyd.com/irwin-pull-style-detail-saw/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 799 total)
  • The topic ‘V-29.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.715 seconds