dcsimg

V-28 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 998 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Been very busy lately working on is gas line installs

awesome picture kyle. what battery do you run on your milwaukee bandsaw?
    how long do you have it and do you like it?

I usually run the 5.0 batteries on the bandsaw. I think I’ve had it for about a month now, probably the best tool I’ve ever bought,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Had to remove a busted gate valve that feeds the hot water tank to a modular building on the church campus. The water shut off is underneath in the crawl space (emphasis on crawl :/ ) and about 25 feet away from the access door. Lovely piles of rat droppings every few feet made it extra fun, and working alone means to check my work, I’d have to shut off the water, do the repair, crawl underneath and crack on the water, skooch myself as fast as possible back out and make sure it’s not leaking (and if it was speed crawl back under to shut it all down again) all with no real way to catch any drops because the under sink water heater was impossible to remove and all the shark bite connections were too close to soldered joints to use the removal tool and in too awkward positions between the back of them tank and the back of the cabinet. Luckily, I was able to snag someone to just stand at the cabinet and holler down to me if anything dripped. Which, thankfully, it didn’t.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

Those pipe wrenches look huge. They must weigh a ton.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

They are pretty heavy, not as heavy as steel pipe wrenches though

Sanded these to 600 then hit with waterlox. When assembled/stacked, they make a stand for an Oxygen concentrator

Attachments:

@cmeyer25 oh man Charlie did you have one of those suits to wear, not a fun repair, but happy you got it done the first time.

Back in the shop today, Going to fill the pumps up with liquid nitrogen.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have a couple of guys wrapping a couple of decks then we have to set 3 outdoor basketball hoop posts at a school about 30 miles away.

Hopefully we can get back to tearing off the decking on another deck we are doing also,

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

@boschmanbrian I have coveralls, but I didn’t want to take the time to go fish them out, so I just threw on a sweat shirt and got in there. Luckily the daycare has a pair of industrial washer/ dryer for all the soiled clothes and towels they generate so I just threw everything in with that when I was done.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

They are pretty heavy, not as heavy as steel pipe wrenches though

Kinda thought they were aluminum. Must be pricey too. I suppose they are a good target for overnite site thieves.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Big ass log! Dropoed her off at the mill today. Im hoping to have it sawn tomorrow or Thursday.

It’s a 12’9″ by 27″ diameter walnut log. This tree was about 15 seconds walk out my back door as a kid, so I’m happy to have the wood.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

LBBuilders
    Pro
    VENTURA, CA

Laminated some doors and hit them with a wire wheel and then stained them with my custom vinegar and steel wool stain. Should look really cool at the historical adobe in my town!

Attachments:
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I usually run the 5.0 batteries on the bandsaw. I think I’ve had it for about a month now, probably the best tool I’ve ever bought,

@kswiss
    very nice kyle, glad you enjoy your new tool.
    What is the cutting depth of that bandsaw?
    does it have a variable trigger?

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Big ass log! Dropoed her off at the mill today. Im hoping to have it sawn tomorrow or Thursday.

It’s a 12’9″ by 27″ diameter walnut log. This tree was about 15 seconds walk out my back door as a kid, so I’m happy to have the wood.

That’s some nice bit of walnut there. Especially nice knowing where it came from when you go to make something with it. Do you have any particular project in mind for it Jon?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

@kswiss
    very nice kyle, glad you enjoy your new tool.
    What is the cutting depth of that bandsaw?
    does it have a variable trigger?

Cutting depth/width is around 5inches, it has a speed adjustment dial. You can also kind of control speed with the trigger.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

I hung a few sheets of drywall and got 2 coats of mud on. After that I was replacing some wood clapboard siding that had seen better days. Once the siding was replaced I checked my drywall mud but the humidity is out of sight today and it wasn’t dry enough for another coat…it was pretty close to 3 so I came home to work on an estimate.

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im still trying to get back to work.. medically im cleared but having a hard time finding work.. my old gc wants me to come back and has some cabinet work he wants me to do however hes not exaclty being efficient in getting me set up to do it..

ive been sending out emails and talking to people but their more interested in hammer monkeys than actual carpenters who know what their doing it seems

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

That’s some nice bit of walnut there. Especially nice knowing where it came from when you go to make something with it. Do you have any particular project in mind for it Jon?

I’m thinking that I’ll make a few live edge tables and potentially sell off the remaining slabs. If the tables sell well, I may hang on to the slabs though rather than selling them off.

My plans are kind of fluid…this log just fell into my possession.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Brought a draw knife back to life today. It cuts pretty easily now the it is sharpened. I bought it a few weeks ago and never had time to give it any attention until now. Also put a temporary plug in the partition wall so I don’t have to use a splitter on the end of the extension cord. Much nicer now.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

That isa very nice piece of wood. Straight and not a branch that I can see. Should yield some really nice boards. 27″ is very close to dining table width.

Brought a draw knife back to life today. It cuts pretty easily now the it is sharpened. I bought it a few weeks ago and never had time to give it any attention until now. Also put a temporary plug in the partition wall so I don’t have to use a splitter on the end of the extension cord. Much nicer now.

Looking forward to seeing the changes to your shop, Jim.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

ChadM
    East Palestine, Ohio

ive been sending out emails and talking to people but their more interested in hammer monkeys than actual carpenters who know what their doing it seems

That sucks – I know how that goes. Seems like most guys are just looking somebody who can slap stuff together and they pay accordingly….

Chad

A Working Pro since 1993

Member since 12/07/2013

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 998 total)
  • The topic ‘V-28 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 1.066 seconds