dcsimg

V-28 What did you do in the shop site today

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 998 total)
  • Author

Went back out to the shop today and glued some spacers on to the back of the cut outs for the vent/access holes. These will be the solid covers for the winter and needed a spacer on the back, as the lip that holds them in is sized for a 3/4″ thick board that I will be making the vents out of, and the concrete board is only 1/2″ thick.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Started digging some irrigation lines for a sprinkler system today.

Charlie

Instagram

Started digging some irrigation lines for a sprinkler system today.

Is that for your house, or for work place,
    How big and how many heads going into the system, machine or hand trenching.

I’m going to be building a small board for a friend for this weekend, they are having some events at the boat club out here.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Started a new job today that includes a new deck built over an old slab

I was thinking of doing that to mine to make my front porch bigger and with a railing. How long would that take to do and approx. & how much? Rough idea of course since every situation is different.

Before I was done my first coffee the guy with the septic pump truck was on his way. He did another place first while I scrambled to dig a hole. By the time I found the lid and had it uncovered he had to go dump so I am now waiting until this afternoon to get pumped. Had to go to town and get a few things and drop the dog off at the groomers.

Now it is 12:30 and I am finally having my morning coffee before getting to the things I planned on doing today. I don’t think I will get what I wanted to done today.

KeeganC
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

I was thinking of doing that to mine to make my front porch bigger and with a railing. How long would that take to do and approx. & how much? Rough idea of course since every situation is different.

Well, I couldn’t really say based on the info provided. A picture would help, but I still couldn’t say how much it might cost, as that varies by region and contractor. Even the materials cost can vary wildly depending on material choices and how it’s built.

Doobie

I don’t think I will get what I wanted to done today.

That’s been like that for me the past week almost. Keep getting dragged into necessary office and client related stuff, meanwhile my shed build is just sitting there. Highly unusual for me during this time of year to get bogged down in my office.

Lots of tax reviews again this year. They’re a PITA! I think the CRA has adopted this tactic looking to not really see if people are cheating, but more to reverse a lot of credits that people are eligible for.

I know from years of experience that people either don’t bother dealing with what are these “Processing Reviews” and just pony up the money back, or they don’t send back to them the proper docs they are asking for and get denied on whatever they had claimed. Quite common and I think this is what what the CRA is really banking on.

All the ones I get they all pass the mustard reviews, but I’ve seen a lot of failed attempts with new clients when they try to undertake themselves in their past tax histories. Kinda dirty pool if you ask me.

Quite often, it’s one little stupid thing people miss when they do it themselves and send it in. Most people once they get an initial refusal they just give up and pay the taxes owing which is a shame. Others often just don’t deal with it in the 30 days granted and think they still can’t deal with it which is not true either. Like I said, it’s a dirty tax grab in my view with all these post filling reviews. Rant over.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Well, I couldn’t really say based on the info provided. A picture would help, but I still couldn’t say how much it might cost, as that varies by region and contractor. Even the materials cost can vary wildly depending on material choices and how it’s built.

Fair enough.

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Finished off the roof with the last few sheets needed on the roof, and got a bunch of collar ties in before the rain came.

The honey wagon finally showed up and pumped out the septic tank. More work with shovels and rakes filling in the hole. I hope I am getting near the end of that job.

Ripped up some pressure treated wood, cut it to size, put some half laps on them and made the vent panels for the access doors. They fit pretty nice. The glue is drying now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I don’t think I will get what I wanted to done today.

That’s been like that for me the past week almost. Keep getting dragged into necessary office and client related stuff, meanwhile my shed build is just sitting there. Highly unusual for me during this time of year to get bogged down in my office.

Lots of tax reviews again this year. They’re a PITA! I think the CRA has adopted this tactic looking to not really see if people are cheating, but more to reverse a lot of credits that people are eligible for.

I know from years of experience that people either don’t bother dealing with what are these “Processing Reviews” and just pony up the money back, or they don’t send back to them the proper docs they are asking for and get denied on whatever they had claimed. Quite common and I think this is what what the CRA is really banking on.

All the ones I get they all pass the mustard reviews, but I’ve seen a lot of failed attempts with new clients when they try to undertake themselves in their past tax histories. Kinda dirty pool if you ask me.

Quite often, it’s one little stupid thing people miss when they do it themselves and send it in. Most people once they get an initial refusal they just give up and pay the taxes owing which is a shame. Others often just don’t deal with it in the 30 days granted and think they still can’t deal with it which is not true either. Like I said, it’s a dirty tax grab in my view with all these post filling reviews. Rant over.

I had a problem like this a few years ago. Until sent in a receipt for something was suppose repay most of my refund. I provide a copy of the receipt to my tax person to send in. After many months it got resolved and I didn’t repay my refund.

I dealing with something similar this week with my Dental Benefits. My daughter had a retainer installed and my benefits denied payment saying I have no coverage for this. When I look in my benefit booklet. It says it is covered. When I called my Insurance the other day the CS rep said I don’t have coverage. So I ask to talk to his supervisor as I was going nowhere with this guy. When I got talking to the supervisor. He asked for me to email or fax the page in my benefits booklet to him to review and he would send it off to the claims department.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

I dealing with something similar this week with my Dental Benefits. My daughter had a retainer installed and my benefits denied payment saying I have no coverage for this. When I look in my benefit booklet. It says it is covered. When I called my Insurance the other day the CS rep said I don’t have coverage. So I ask to talk to his supervisor as I was going nowhere with this guy. When I got talking to the supervisor. He asked for me to email or fax the page in my benefits booklet to him to review and he would send it off to the claims department.

They do change plan benefits and are poor at telling people at times, but that’s typically the employers fault most of the time. My wife’s teachers plan just changed a few months ago. They said hardly anything would be any different under the new plan. People are finding out now that a lot of things have changed. That’s how they do things sometimes with group plans cutbacks. You want to make a whole bunch of changes, so you change carriers and do the changes and then when people gripe you blame it on the new carrier and some other song and dance.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

We finished up the farm house flip today. Should have some pictures in a few days.
    Got off a few hours early to organize my tools in the truck. They have just been getting thrown in there every evening for the last couple houses and it was a mess. I need to stop working so late and save time to put things away right.
    Saw the next flip house . It isn’t near as bad as the last several.
    Start on it tomorrow.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

They do change plan benefits and are poor at telling people at times, but that’s typically the employers fault most of the time. My wife’s teachers plan just changed a few months ago. They said hardly anything would be any different under the new plan. People are finding out now that a lot of things have changed. That’s how they do things sometimes with group plans cutbacks. You want to make a whole bunch of changes, so you change carriers and do the changes and then when people gripe you blame it on the new carrier and some other song and dance.

I did not know they could do this. My previous carrier was bought out by my new carrier. So thought I should have the same coverage.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Spent the day working with a few other woodworkers in Cambridge building access ramps for local businesses. The city has 2 exceptionally well equipped woodworking shops as part of the seniors program.

The project is funded by http://www.stopgap.ca and is supported by the city as well.

These are removable ramps to aid people with disabilities as well as others who could benefit from easier access; delivery people for example. Ramps are placed to bridge the gap between the sidewalk and the threshold of the participating merchant’s store.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

mostly did bathroom backing for toilet partitions, sinks, and handrails. gonna be more of the same tomorrow since there’s several large bathrooms in this building with lots of sinks and toilets

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Monday and Tuesday we finished up installing goal posts on a football field for a high school team in a nearby town. today we removed two basketball hoop structures and got two new ones about 1/2 installed. we should finish them tomorrow.

Monday night I got most of the foundation of a slab on grade home we are building back filled and the area around the house leveled.

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

Finally got our big house frame rolling. We had started it last week with sill plates and garage walls, but were awaiting final engineering for our steel. Got 8 of 9 beams set today, finished our layout and will start rolling joists tomorrow.

Assembled and milled a face frame for a chest I am building. Did it with the grandson and he really got into it for an 11 year old. He gave grandpa a high 5. We will continue more finish sanding on various parts and assemble on Saturday.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Assembled and milled a face frame for a chest I am building. Did it with the grandson and he really got into it for an 11 year old. He gave grandpa a high 5. We will continue more finish sanding on various parts and assemble on Saturday.

Nice spending time with the grandkids Lon. Even better when they want to learn from you.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 998 total)
  • The topic ‘V-28 What did you do in the shop site today’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.717 seconds