dcsimg

V-28 What did you do in the shop site today

This topic contains 637 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Greg GTokley 2 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 638 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Lets see what your doing on the job site or in the shop.
    Pics are a big plus.
    Here is a link to the old one.https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v-27-what-did-you-do-in-the-shop-site-today/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Putting the poly on the box, and…..

grillin’ ribs.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Profile photo of Peter
    smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Putting the poly on the box, and…..

grillin’ ribs.

an’t decide which looks better; the ribs or the box.. Just kidding, those ribs look just delicious!

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Profile photo of Greg
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Last night I managed to get letters attached on the sign last night. I hope do alittle more work on it tonight.

Greg

Profile photo of Alex
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Framed amd stood my front and back walls, and got my knock off gable walls mostly framed.

Profile photo of Brian
    brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Spent the day bending aluminum on the brake, and installing it on some windows we replaced.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I put two rows of blocking between my deck joists and installed about 80% of the decking today.

Being bent over all day can sure make you feel old….

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We had to relocate 4 basketball hoops today. from the information we were given, they had to be moved three and a half feet each. from the photo’s we had, everything would work on the existing pipes. Once on site we started measuring things out and found out they all had to move seven and a half feet. Existing pipes on the ceiling would not work.

I ended up running 75 miles back to the shop to get a trailer that we could haul 6 – 21′ lengths of pipe weighing 250# each on to get them to the site. Had to round up some hanger clips but ended up short by 7. they are being overnighted.

We ended up getting two hoops moved and will go back friday to do the others. In the end we found out the measurements they gave us were two different references to a basketball court one was hoop to hoop and the other end line to end line, they are 8′ different.

Profile photo of Alex
    WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I put two rows of blocking between my deck joists and installed about 80% of the decking today.

I really enjoy doing decks, but the bending kills you by the end of the day for sure.

Profile photo of Kurt
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I really enjoy doing decks, but the bending kills you by the end of the day for sure.

I had one crew stripping a deck down to the bones today to install new Azek decking and aluminum railing on it.

Profile photo of Greg
    GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Well put the 2nd coat of BLO on the sign tonight. Once it dries I will apply the Poly.

Attachments:

Greg

Working on my dining chairs. Two are glued up and two more to go. Then lots of final shaping and sanding, more sanding and more sanding….then I will tackle the new dining table.

Orange County, CA

I did some backsplash crown moulding and cabinets handle

repaired a metal fencing when we took down for excavation, repaired two brick walls and finished one septic conversion.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Profile photo of Ron
    roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I like that green laser you have there @masterbosch .

I did some backsplash crown moulding and cabinets handle

Looks great!

Profile photo of Ron
    RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Working on my dining chairs. Two are glued up and two more to go. Then lots of final shaping and sanding, more sanding and more sanding….then I will tackle the new dining table.

I have been wondering if you ever got back on the chairs Scot, Sounds like the build continues.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Profile photo of Peter
    smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Glad to hear you are still making progress on the chairs. That will be so gratifying to see the set finished.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. -- Red Green

Sounds like a heck of a project. Chairs are quite a challenge. Pics please. I’d love to see your progress. What wood did you choose @mrtooljunkie?

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Yesterday I picked up my new wagon , put it together and built a deck for it . It is 6 ft wide x 11 ft long . It holds 4,000 pounds so it should be able to handle lots of birdhouses .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 638 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.820 seconds