dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 283 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 6 hours, 20 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 284 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Gonna try to move on to the left side support now.

Got the left side support installed, but man what a finicky thing to get the support brackets and rails right. Somewhat a different design than the outfeed. Had to fiddle with the ‘exact’ positioning of the brackets way more than I would have liked, but I finally got it set up square so it didn’t rack when I pulled out the support.

Is that as far out the back support goes ?
    I thought it would be slightly more.

No, it goes a lot more. Not near it right now, but about a foot and a half more or so at least.

Side support is a foot. Back/outfeed is 16 inches.

I checked my blade today with a machinist square. It’s out. Now I’ve got to fiddle with getting it parallel. Not looking forward to that. That’s usually PITA job. Says in the owners manual it should be fine out of the box. Ya, right!

@boschmanbrian

Thanks Kevin , I think I’ll be ordering those when I get a chance. Might take a drive to OPB or even Tony tools.

Doobie
    Pro

Got the left side support installed, but man what a finicky thing to get the support brackets and rails right. Somewhat a different design than the outfeed. Had to fiddle with the ‘exact’ positioning of the brackets way more than I would have liked, but I finally got it set up square so it didn’t rack when I pulled out the support.

No, it goes a lot more. Not near it right now, but about a foot and a half more or so at least.

I checked my blade today with a machinist square. It’s out. Now I’ve got to fiddle with getting it parallel. Not looking forward to that. That’s usually PITA job. Says in the owners manual it should be fine out of the box. Ya, right!

@boschmanbrian

Thanks Kevin , I think I’ll be ordering those when I get a chance. Might take a drive to OPB or even Tony tools.

Was your blade good right out of the box Brian? Mine’s out maybe a 32nd of an inch.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@boschmanbrian

Was your blade good right out of the box Brian? Mine’s out maybe a 32nd of an inch.

Yes the blade was pretty darn close , it’s just the riving knife that was slightly off , also the extension table on the right side had to be slightly adjusted.
    But aside from that it’s good for my use.

Doobie
    Pro

@boschmanbrian

Yes the blade was pretty darn close , it’s just the riving knife that was slightly off , also the extension table on the right side had to be slightly adjusted.

Haven’t checked the riving knife yet. Didn’t even think about checking it frankly. Thanks for mentioning that Brian!

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@boschmanbrian

Haven’t checked the riving knife yet. Didn’t even think about checking it frankly. Thanks for mentioning that Brian!

No problem , it just wasn’t perfectly inline with the blade ,

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@boschmanbrian

Did you get your blade aligned? If so how hard of a job was it?

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Wanted another laser for a job so I pickup this baby up . It won out cause it come’s with a carrying case and runs off Bosch’s 12volt line up .

Always willing to learn .

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Wanted another laser for a job so I pickup this baby up . It won out cause it come’s with a carrying case and runs off Bosch’s 12volt line up .

It came with the tripod?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Amazing Indian Hand-Planes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSnKkSDb8aw

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Congrats Will , I would like to get one of those eventually. Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.i imagine that runtime should be pretty good.

Doobie
    Pro

Nice laser, and you don’t have to worry about batteries leaking.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s the one I would have gotten myself – I’ve been looking at those lasers for a while and they seem like really great ones. Running off the 12V platform sure is a nice feature too. Any specific reason you went with the red line vs the green? Or just cost?

Charlie

Instagram

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Congrats! That is nice that runs off the 12V battery.

Greg

I was over at a neighbours yesterday. He is moving and getting rid of some stuff. I didn’t buy anything. He had a contractors style table saw he wants $500 for, which I thought was a bit much. He also has a small metal lathe that got my interest but I don’t have the room, or the time to get into yet another hobby.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I was over at a neighbours yesterday. He is moving and getting rid of some stuff. I didn’t buy anything. He had a contractors style table saw he wants $500 for, which I thought was a bit much. He also has a small metal lathe that got my interest but I don’t have the room, or the time to get into yet another hobby.

Admirable restraint, Jim. Although a metal lathe would be nice to have. lol

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Sounds interesting , what sort of work or hobby did he have to need a metal lathe.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Sounds interesting , what sort of work or hobby did he have to need a metal lathe.

A metal lathe is good for any hobby 😀
    I want one.

Not sure what he did, just an all around hobby guy. He has a bandsaw he built for sale, but I don’t have the room for that either. I wasn’t impressed with the looks of the bandsaw. He is paring down. Bought a Shopsmith multi machine. He did say the lathe was once used for making medical equipment. Not sure what he meant by that. It’s not a large lathe.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

You neighbor could be asking a bit much for his table saw. I guess if he doesn’t sell for $500. He might take less. If you were interested in it you could make a offer.
    Oh a metal would be nice to have. I have often thought I would like to get one. Maybe someday I will get one.

He did say the lathe was once used for making medical equipment. Not sure what he meant by that. It’s not a large lathe.

Sounds like the lathe was used in production shop making small parts for medical equipment. Probably before they started using CNC.
    I know there is a small factory near where I work that did make medical stuff. But used CNC lathes.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

He also has a small metal lathe that got my interest but I don’t have the room, or the time to get into yet another hobby.

Lathes are highly addictive. Good to stay away unless you have lots of spare time.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.595 seconds