dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

This topic contains 283 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 6 hours, 58 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 284 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Kaizen Foam Hot Knife

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro

Bought meself a magswitch Magjig 95.
    The smallest from the line I think.
    Unbelievably strong.

Congrats! I am sure it come in handy.
    I have thought about buying one of these Magjigs. But they are pricey.

$32 CAD+tax.
    One at a time.
    Not in a hurry.

Is that for the 20mm size? Cheaper than what LV sells it for. Where’d you buy it?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Unbelievably strong.

$32 CAD+tax.
    One at a time.
    Not in a hurry.

That’s not too bad.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie
    Pro

Received my LeeCraft zero clearance insert for my new 4100 Bosch table saw from Amazon.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Received my LeeCraft zero clearance insert for my new 4100 Bosch table saw from Amazon.

Nice. That was fast shipping.

Greg

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Cool , let’s see how it fits. 👍

Doobie
    Pro

Yes it was. Wasn’t expected until the estimated 19th at the earliest.

Cool , let’s see how it fits. 👍

I have read from reviews it probably needs some edge sanding a bit as it is made intentionally tight to fit.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Unbelievably strong.

$32 CAD+tax.
    One at a time.
    Not in a hurry.

Is that for the 20mm size? Cheaper than what LV sells it for. Where’d you buy it?

That’s the one

https://www.langevinforest.com/en/20mm-mag-jig-95

Doobie
    Pro

Unbelievably strong.

$32 CAD+tax.
    One at a time.
    Not in a hurry.

That’s the one

https://www.langevinforest.com/en/20mm-mag-jig-95

Didn’t think of Langevin. Haven’t been on their website in a dogs age.

Thought it might have been Elite, but that wouldn’t have made sense as they are so pricey there at Elite. Even their sale prices are typically higher than I can find at most places at regular prices.

Doobie
    Pro

Yes it was. Wasn’t expected until the estimated 19th at the earliest.

Cool , let’s see how it fits.

I have read from reviews it probably needs some edge sanding a bit as it is made intentionally tight to fit.

Well, turns out no edge contour sanding needed. Fits almost with as much play as the stock insert all around. Think I’ll snug it up better before plunging a blade thru it. I have some low friction tape that I’m thinking might be ideal for that.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=32182&cat=1,110,43466,32182

Not sure when I’ll work on the insert as I don’t really need it right now, but now that I have also just received in the last couple of days the left side and outfeed stock support accesories, I’m more inclined to install those first.

Just finished pulling out the saw and setting it up to maybe get started on that, but I feel I’m running out of gas today. I think it involves drilling holes in the body/base of the saw to install the supports and I’m already into a couple of bevies. Hmmmm….maybe leave for another more alert day.

Doobie
    Pro

Just finished pulling out the saw and setting it up to maybe get started on that, but I feel I’m running out of gas today. I think it involves drilling holes in the body/base of the saw to install the supports and I’m already into a couple of bevies.

Turns out there were pre-drilled holes for the rear outfeed support accesory.

Thing is, they give you this short legged L shaped allen key and you quickly discover why. PITA screwing on the body support brackets even with pre tapped holes. Little itsy bitsy quarter turns that are difficult to even engage, but it got done.

Gonna try to move on to the left side support now.

Funny thing is, they supply an outfeed bar and different support bracket for two other saws this outfeed kit can be used for. This is just metal recycling waste to me. I guess it’s cheaper for them to do it that way rather than a support system for three different saws in three different SKUs. Last pic are the waste components.

Doobie
    Pro

Got the left side support installed, but man what a finicky thing to get the support brackets and rails right. Somewhat a different design than the outfeed. Had to fiddle with the ‘exact’ positioning of the brackets way more than I would have liked, but I finally got it set up square so it didn’t rack when I pulled out the support.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Got the left side support installed, but man what a finicky thing to get the support brackets and rails right. Somewhat a different design than the outfeed. Had to fiddle with the ‘exact’ positioning of the brackets way more than I would have liked, but I finally got it set up square so it didn’t rack when I pulled out the support.

Is that as far out the back support goes ?
    I thought it would be slightly more.

Doobie
    Pro

No, it goes a lot more. Not near it right now, but about a foot and a half more or so at least.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Here’s a pic of the nail gun I just bought. I’m excited to get to use it soon!

Charlie

Instagram

That’s some serious fire power there! LOL Not for making cabinets.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Wow congratulations Charlie , that will be great for installing crown molding 🤣😂🤣,
    Just kidding
    I suspect you will have more siding work coming up.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Went to Princess Auto today and picked up a few things. Wifey and the girl’s got some stuff too.

EDIT: Add some pictures.

Greg

Doobie
    Pro

No, it goes a lot more. Not near it right now, but about a foot and a half more or so at least.

Side support is a foot. Back/outfeed is 16 inches.

I checked my blade today with a machinist square. It’s out. Now I’ve got to fiddle with getting it parallel. Not looking forward to that. That’s usually PITA job. Says in the owners manual it should be fine out of the box. Ya, right!

@boschmanbrian

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Klein Tools

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 284 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.564 seconds