dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author

The thread is going to break soon. Gotta get a new one started or stop buying tools…lol. At V-28 this has got to be one of the most popular ones.

@DirtyWhiteBoy

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Got my replacement boots from blundstones , these are not safety boots , just everyday ones
    Had them for years , the sole split and the heels were starting to crumble , talk about customer service and warranty , that’s why I bought another pair of safety one’s.

asevereid
    Pro
    Kamloops, BC

My Collins miter clamps arrived today. I didn’t order the pliers with them, so I’ll have to go out and get a pair.

Lurking Hit and Run poster.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I needed a bit to drill some holes for epoxy anchors on a project. With a number of holes to drill, the hollow core vacuum bits save a lot of time and money. No extra cleaning is required for the holes. When picking this one up , I saw they have them down to 1/4” now. I am really looking forward to the day they get them in 3/16 which will work for Tapcons. We install a lot of them and it would be evenetter than the drills with the integrated dust collection.

That would be great if they can get it down to 3/16″. In the mean time the Simpson’s concrete screws use 1/4″ bits and is a bit beefier than the 1/4″ Tapcon but it’s a bit more $ too. I also bought some GRK Caliburn concrete screws but haven’t tried them out yet.

Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

Found a great deal on Dewalt cut off discs. Grabbed 4 5-packs. Gave one to a friend who did me a favor, will give one to my son and keep 2 for my use.

Attachments:

My Collins miter clamps arrived today. I didn’t order the pliers with them, so I’ll have to go out and get a pair.

Congrats. I bought a pack around Christmas time from Atlas tools
    I know DWB @DirtyWhiteBoy bought a pair of auto brake pliers I think. Cheaper and works the same. It could be in this thread a few pages back.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I needed a bit to drill some holes for epoxy anchors on a project. With a number of holes to drill, the hollow core vacuum bits save a lot of time and money. No extra cleaning is required for the holes. When picking this one up , I saw they have them down to 1/4” now. I am really looking forward to the day they get them in 3/16 which will work for Tapcons. We install a lot of them and it would be evenetter than the drills with the integrated dust collection.

That would be great if they can get it down to 3/16″. In the mean time the Simpson’s concrete screws use 1/4″ bits and is a bit beefier than the 1/4″ Tapcon but it’s a bit more $ too. I also bought some GRK Caliburn concrete screws but haven’t tried them out yet.

I may switch over to 1/4″ plugs when I use up the Tapcon’s I have in stock, I think cleanup and everything would be less that way. The Simpson’s and GRK would seem to be overkill. I have not bought any of the GRK but we have removed them on a couple jobs. They seem to hold well. Once in a while we run into an issue with the Tapcon’s camming out especially in glazed block and we have had issues with them even biting into the material in some bricks, the screw actually strips out. While an old technology, the plastic plugs always seem to do their job. It just is an extra operation when installing the pads.

Doobie

The thread is going to break soon. Gotta get a new one started or stop buying tools…lol. At V-28 this has got to be one of the most popular ones.

@DirtyWhiteBoy

DWB, start up a new one if you don’t mind.

Hoping you are well Randy!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I went to Canadian tire for a wire fastener for re-wiring my welding plug, and couldn’t avoid trying the Gorilla clear glue.

Will

I went to Canadian tire for a wire fastener for re-wiring my welding plug, and couldn’t avoid trying the Gorilla clear glue.

Congratulations. I’d be curious to know what you think about the gorilla glue ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Quietest Indoor/Outdoor Pressure Washer

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Drill America high-speed steel drill bits

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

@boschmanbrian

I used gorilla glue couple of times and that was it. A lot of foam, no real glue properties.
    Went back to epoxy.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I may switch over to 1/4″ plugs when I use up the Tapcon’s I have in stock, I think cleanup and everything would be less that way. The Simpson’s and GRK would seem to be overkill. I have not bought any of the GRK but we have removed them on a couple jobs. They seem to hold well. Once in a while we run into an issue with the Tapcon’s camming out especially in glazed block and we have had issues with them even biting into the material in some bricks, the screw actually strips out. While an old technology, the plastic plugs always seem to do their job. It just is an extra operation when installing the pads.

Yes Tapcon does tend to spin and I think it’s a combination of many things but I worked on a project in 2018 where we drilled over 500 holes installing aluminum hurricane brackets over and under a bunch of windows. Over the windows we had solid concrete tie beams and under we had regular concrete block. Turned out the drill bit made a huge difference. The Bosch 3/16″ SDS Plus masonry bit had much less problem compared to the Tapcon SDS Plus bit. With the Tapcon bit we were getting 2-3 holes every 20 holes where the screw bottoms and spins, with the Bosch bits 1-2 every 200 holes. Same result whether solid or block. Cleaning was done with compressed air to each hole and I have to conclude the Bosch bit makes a better quality hole. Then the ones that spins you have to do whatever (zip ties, wires, tooth picks, epoxy, spit LOL) to get it to grab snug.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Yes Tapcon does tend to spin and I think it’s a combination of many things but I worked on a project in 2018 where we drilled over 500 holes installing aluminum hurricane brackets over and under a bunch of windows. Over the windows we had solid concrete tie beams and under we had regular concrete block. Turned out the drill bit made a huge difference. The Bosch 3/16″ SDS Plus masonry bit had much less problem compared to the Tapcon SDS Plus bit. With the Tapcon bit we were getting 2-3 holes every 20 holes where the screw bottoms and spins, with the Bosch bits 1-2 every 200 holes. Same result whether solid or block. Cleaning was done with compressed air to each hole and I have to conclude the Bosch bit makes a better quality hole. Then the ones that spins you have to do whatever (zip ties, wires, tooth picks, epoxy, spit LOL) to get it to grab snug.

I typically use the Bosch 3/16″ bits but lately I have been finding Dewalt, Tapcon and Milwaukee’s at a discount clearance outlet for as little as a couple bucks fairly often. I have a bunch of those as we tend to use a lot of bits in the projects we do. I figure if they are only half as good I am still only paying about a quarter the price. I have seen that some tests on bits and grinding wheels that some manufacturers do not have the longevity as others.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I used gorilla glue couple of times and that was it. A lot of foam, no real glue properties.
    Went back to epoxy.

I don’t like gorilla glue. I used it a few years ago, as a test I glued a small piece of PT2x4 to a concrete brick, clamped it for 48 hours then sprayed water on it, fell apart immediately, it says it’s waterproof and weather resistant, not my experience.

@sorpa thanks for info I’ve used jb weld and I get different epoxies from work , also some good crazy glue 💪 and the price is right also 🤭🤫

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I use mostly west system epoxy and jb weld.

Viewing 20 posts - 981 through 1,000 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.933 seconds