dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,008 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Wow you really stocked up on ladders. They are always on sale for BF, good time to buy them.

Yes I decide I should have either an A frame plus an extension ladder or a multi function ladder that can be configured into either at each rental building so I don’t have to share ladders and have to go to one property to take a ladder at one property and drive it to another, and sometimes I forget which ladder I left at which property last. So with the two new ones still on it’s way I will have twelve ladders. No need to move them around unless I need to use extensions over 18′!

I bought a couple more mobile bases from BusyBee Tools, I am quite happy with how heavy they seem as they were quite a bit cheaper than the others I looked at.

Will

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I bought a couple more mobile bases from BusyBee Tools, I am quite happy with how heavy they seem as they were quite a bit cheaper than the others I looked at.

I have a couple of those in my shop. I agree that, for the price, you really can’t do better. They are sturdy enough to support a 6″ jointer and a 14″ band saw in my shop.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

My Bosch 18V OMT died the other day, while working out of town, and I needed one to finish what we were working on. The local store had the Dewalt corded model and a Dreml corded model. I picked up the Dewalt for a little more that the Dreml. It seems like a pretty good tool from what we used it.

It is always a pain when a tool dies when you are out of town working. I have 2 Fein OMT’s at the shop, but had to add another one to the stable to finish up. I would have replaced the cordless, but they store only carried Milwaukee and Dewalt and we run the Bosch and Makita platforms.

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Thought this was interesting

Which Drill Bit Brand is Best? Let’s find out!

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Little bit of shopping this morning
    That’s what I like about Tony Tools. They matched the prices I saw elsewhere , and saved me a trip.

That’s what I like about Tony Tools. They matched the prices I saw elsewhere , and saved me a trip.

Wow, nice haul. That is a lot of stuff you use all the time. Nice to have new ones and replacements.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Do they match amazon prices?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Congrats on the mobile bases. I really need to look at getting some of those for my jointer and bandsaw.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Thanks @JimDaddyO Yup nice to have replacement bits , although they last a fairly long time , at work , we need to have decent bits. Plenty of time some guys buy cheap bits , and then the inspection will snag then because of slightly damaged screw heads.
    That and the fact that I’ve been wanting to buy these new cases. LoL

@Sorpa
    LoL that I don’t know
    I saw the 2 amp hour batteries at summit or Atlas for 24.95 , so they matched the prices. And the 13 piece Daredevil spades were 19.99 at summit , they also matched that.

Forgot to add to my shopping list again LoL

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My Bosch 18V OMT died the other day, while working out of town, and I needed one to finish what we were working on. The local store had the Dewalt corded model and a Dreml corded model. I picked up the Dewalt for a little more that the Dreml. It seems like a pretty good tool from what we used it.

It is always a pain when a tool dies when you are out of town working. I have 2 Fein OMT’s at the shop, but had to add another one to the stable to finish up. I would have replaced the cordless, but they store only carried Milwaukee and Dewalt and we run the Bosch and Makita platforms.

Oh well , when you are stuck , you get whatever will help you out , at least you won’t have to worry about batteries , congrats Kurt.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Gearwrench Tools For 2020

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I’m using a new Hill Country Tools 10″ full kerf blade in my new Unisaw. These blades are Chinese made, stocked in the US for distribution in North America through sharpening service businesses only and are designed for production shops.

I started using them several years ago following a recommendation from Sonny’s Sharpening in Waterloo, ON, near where I was living at the time.

The blade I am using right now is a 60T ATB all-purpose blade. Carbides are big and chunky and will take many sharpenings, I’m sure. Cut is clean and glue-line smooth. Best of all, this one is a little over $80 CDN (around $60US).

I’m using a new Hill Country Tools 10″ full kerf blade in my new Unisaw. These blades are Chinese made, stocked in the US for distribution in North America through sharpening service businesses only and are designed for production shops.

I started using them several years ago following a recommendation from Sonny’s Sharpening in Waterloo, ON, near where I was living at the time.

The blade I am using right now is a 60T ATB all-purpose blade. Carbides are big and chunky and will take many sharpenings, I’m sure. Cut is clean and glue-line smooth. Best of all, this one is a little over $80 CDN (around $60US).

Thanks Peter ,
    Good info , a question , would that be good for the Bosch job site saw , or not really , I bought the Bosch blades earlier this year , but I’m still using the stock blade , I most probably will be replacing it with the Bosch this winter.

One is 40 tooth and the other one is 60 teeth ?

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Thanks Peter ,
    Good info , a question , would that be good for the Bosch job site saw , or not really , I bought the Bosch blades earlier this year , but I’m still using the stock blade , I most probably will be replacing it with the Bosch this winter.

I could be mistaken but I think the newer thin kerf blades are designed for the jobsite saws. Full kerf blades are more stable but require more HP to run. It would be worth asking the question to the manufacturer.

When I was shopping for blades, I checked out HD and a couple of other similar but they only offered thin kerf blades and none of them had any kind of decent sized carbides. Maybe one or 2 sharpenings and they would be scrap. Seems to me that everywhere you go disposable is what you get.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@smallerstick thanks for the response , I’ll try to get more information , might give Bosch a call later.
    Thanks again.

Viewing 20 posts - 721 through 740 (of 1,008 total)
  • The topic ‘V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page’ is closed to new replies.
queries. 0.948 seconds