dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 926 total)
  • Author
    Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Stayed home for Thanksgiving and didn’t plan on it but I ordered six ladders online today – different sizes, types, lengths. Nothing else on Black Friday seems to be great deals.

Nothing special , figured I’d give it a try

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Congrats! I am sure it is worth a try!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up the new Ridgid Octane cordless router. I am surprised that the prior models I owned are already 2 1/2 years old. They added a dust collection port. I need to make something so I can give it a real test.

After seeing what the new dust collection units have in features and growing increasingly frustrated with my current setup, I will be ordering this Laguna unit. The Mrs. says its our Christmas present as she wants less dust in the shop. Great features with the built-in cyclone. The dust bin raises up to seal into the unit by a bar. It has a window to tell you how full it is. Move the bar and it rolls out to be emptied. Plenty of CFM and a sub-micron HEPA filter.

I picked up the new Ridgid Octane cordless router. I am surprised that the prior models I owned are already 2 1/2 years old. They added a dust collection port. I need to make something so I can give it a real test.

After seeing what the new dust collection units have in features and growing increasingly frustrated with my current setup, I will be ordering this Laguna unit. The Mrs. says its our Christmas present as she wants less dust in the shop. Great features with the built-in cyclone. The dust bin raises up to seal into the unit by a bar. It has a window to tell you how full it is. Move the bar and it rolls out to be emptied. Plenty of CFM and a sub-micron HEPA filter.

Congrats on the new additions , that looks like a nice dust collection unit
    Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

Clev08
    Pro

You could say I had a good Black Friday this year. I also ordered some work pants that were on sale.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You could say I had a good Black Friday this year. I also ordered some work pants that were on sale.

That is a fantastic kit right there; 4 tools plus the box with wheels. Nice. About the only thing I got this year for BF was some recip blades, both DeWalt and Bosch. Bosch had a nice package for $9.99

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Very nice unit Lon. Someday I will upgrade my dust collection. Any thoughts on short cone vs long cone as far as separation goes?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Congrats , looks like a nice little haul looking forward to hearing what you think about the kit.
    Do you have any other Milwaukee cordless tools.

Very nice unit Lon. Someday I will upgrade my dust collection. Any thoughts on short cone vs long cone as far as separation goes?

@RonW, Wow, I never even thought about that. I may be too trusting but I figured the manufacturer would have worked out a proper configuration. I had talked to the Woodcraft dealer about the and he has sold a bunch. No negative feedback. Now, I have to remember to order it today to get a 10% discount.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Congrats. I really like that dust collection unit. Plus you can’t beat a cordless router. Enjoy!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@piwoodworker @ ronw The system won’t allow me to quote your comments so I’ll do it this way. Congrats on the Laguna system. I would be very interested as well in how effective this unit is. My old Delta does a good job with the SDD but improvements are always possible.

Here is a good review of the Laguna system from a satisfied user.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

CB
    Blocked

That 220V, $2,600.00, 351 lb Laguna is an awful lot of dust collection prowess for a hand held, battery operated, 1/4″ trim router that is so small Ridgid doesn’t even publish HP specs for it.

I’ll admit I once used a 6 hp shop vac to clean cookie crumbs off of my seat…

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

That 220V, $2,600.00, 351 lb Laguna is an awful lot of dust collection prowess for a hand held, battery operated, 1/4″ trim router that is so small Ridgid doesn’t even publish HP specs for it.
    I’ll admit I once used a 6 hp shop vac to clean cookie crumbs off of my seat…

Good one! LOL.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I had that one for a short time and returned it and got the Ridgid one. I
    m still using the Ridgid one, it’s a little bit better.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

I’ve read only good things about it.
    For me it was this one or Dewalt. I went with Dewalt because I had the batteries.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I picked up the new Ridgid Octane cordless router. After seeing what the new dust collection units have in features and growing increasingly frustrated with my current setup, I will be ordering this Laguna unit

Congrats on the new tools PI Woodworker. Enjoy. That DC unit sounds like monster ought to keep the shop clean for sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

@Sorpa okay let’s try this again for the 3rd time LoL instead of quoting because it’s not working. Let me try this way

Thanks , that’s why I went with the Ryobi , I have a couple of chargers and a few extra batteries. So I figured for the price , can’t be that bad. It’s actually pretty good so far.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Did it come with the free puppy? 😂

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 926 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.054 seconds