dcsimg

V-28.0 Toolaholic Public Announcement Page

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 738 total)
  • Author
    Sprokitz
    Pro
    Eastern shore of, Pa

My 18V Makita die grinder arrived. Look forward to giving it a try.

So where do you buy attachments for it? I don’t recall ever seeing them for sale in BB stores, nor the die grinders themselves for that matter.

HD has some basic accessories, Amazon has 1000’s of burrs and rasps, wire wheels, flap wheels, grinding stones, mandrels for different cut off and grinding wheels, and 1/4″ to 1/8″ adapters

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

So where do you buy attachments for it? I don’t recall ever seeing them for sale in BB stores, nor the die grinders themselves for that matter.

I know you can buy them on Amazon. I would think you can get them at any Auto parts store or a place that sells welding supplies or Cdn Tire.
    I have some attachments from where use to work.

Greg

Doobie

HD has some basic accessories, Amazon has 1000’s of burrs and rasps, wire wheels, flap wheels, grinding stones, mandrels for different cut off and grinding wheels, and 1/4″ to 1/8″ adapters

I know you can buy them on Amazon. I would think you can get them at any Auto parts store or a place that sells welding supplies or Cdn Tire.

Thanks guys. At least that gives me an idea where to look and price compare. Didn’t even think of Canadian Tire for something like that.

Congrats Greg looking forward to hearing what you think about this.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Thanks guys. At least that gives me an idea where to look and price compare. Didn’t even think of Canadian Tire for something like that.

Not problem! I will have too check Cdn Tire next time I am there.

Congrats Greg looking forward to hearing what you think about this.

Thanks Brian! I think it will be ok. It is alittle heavier then I thought it would be.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Received an Amazon package with my new Bosch 18v light.

For some reason the Provantage site seems to be down – or gone?

https://www.boschprovantage.com/Provantage/

You can’t go wrong with any of the Bosch LED lights. They are great products. Best in class in my opinion.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For some reason the Provantage site seems to be down – or gone?

https://www.boschprovantage.com/Provantage/

Congrats on the light , great deal and it’s a good little light.

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Haven’t posted in awhile, but I’m still hard at work installing replacement windows and doors, and still buying new tools from time to time. One of my latest is a new 4 1/2″ speed square from Milwaukee, has almost replaced the regular sized square I’ve carried forever. I make a lot of aluminum trim pieces to cover the exterior window trim, these pieces are usually quite narrow,and using a full sized speed square on them can be quite clumsy. The square is very well made, aluminum with nice crisp edges, numbers and marks are laser etched. Does not have roof pitches though, it’s actually called a trim square.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Haven’t posted in awhile, but I’m still hard at work installing replacement windows and doors, and still buying new tools from time to time. One of my latest is a new 4 1/2″ speed square from Milwaukee, has almost replaced the regular sized square I’ve carried forever. I make a lot of aluminum trim pieces to cover the exterior window trim, these pieces are usually quite narrow,and using a full sized speed square on them can be quite clumsy. The square is very well made, aluminum with nice crisp edges, numbers and marks are laser etched. Does not have roof pitches though, it’s actually called a trim square.

That is nice little square. It makes total sense why use it. It looks like handy square for what you do. I never know they made one that small.

Greg

That is neat. Maybe being smaller and lighter it should be called a speedier square?

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

I have a bunch of painting to do so I picked up a little electric sprayer. It’s going to save me SO much time. And the reviews were decent enough for what I’ll be using it for. I’m no commercial painter so I should only be using it for smallish projects.

Charlie

Instagram

I have a bunch of painting to do so I picked up a little electric sprayer. It’s going to save me SO much time. And the reviews were decent enough for what I’ll be using it for. I’m no commercial painter so I should only be using it for smallish projects.

I will be pleased to hear how that works for you. I have never tried a sprayer like that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

It should make the job go quicker. Look forward hearing how well you like it. I had a cheap electric sprayer several years ago. It worked ok for what I used it for. I used it for spraying a stain on a shed. Never used it again so I sold in a yard sale.

Greg

I will be pleased to hear how that works for you. I have never tried a sprayer like that.

Same here Lon
    I have never used a sprayer for painting , just the pump style canister for spraying fences or decking.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I thought this was interesting a self feeding wood pellet stove.

Automatic Pellet Stoves Deliver Fuel to Themselves While Generating Abundant, Affordable Heat

https://www.ronhazelton.com/tips/how_a_pellet_stove_can_heat_and_save_money?utm_source=Ron%27s+Weekly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3b53beac2e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_11_02_11_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_39db751e08-3b53beac2e-21794521

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I thought this was interesting a self feeding wood pellet stove.

Automatic Pellet Stoves Deliver Fuel to Themselves While Generating Abundant, Affordable Heat

https://www.ronhazelton.com/tips/how_a_pellet_stove_can_heat_and_save_money?utm_source=Ron%27s+Weekly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3b53beac2e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_11_02_11_16&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_39db751e08-3b53beac2e-21794521

My parent’s bought a pellet stove a few years ago. They liked it at first. As they was less mess then the wood stove. They had issues with it breaking on them. It didn’t their place that well on cold winter days. They found it got expensive after while buying the wood pellets.
    They went back to burning firewood.

Greg

Doobie

I’ve always wondered if those cheapo sprayers were any good. Let us know how it works out for you Charlie. What kind of things will you be spraying soon with it?

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I have used these sprayers. They should work for you. After using them this is my breakdown. Obviously it depends on what you are painting.

On rolling or brushing, you may spend say 2 hours prepping, then 4 hours painting.

On spraying, you may spend 3 hours prepping, then 1.5 hours painting.

You will spend more masking materials with spraying, but that’s cheap.

You will however spend more time on the spraying tools, cleaning the tubings and the nozzles etc…so it will spray “nice” and not clog or squirt the next time. Some will conclude the cleaning time is appreciably more if you are not doing a large enough area to make it worth your while.

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 738 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.717 seconds